Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 585176 times)

REGGAB

Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #300 on: February 29, 2008, 01:53:19 PM »

A couple of weeks ago we had a wind storm ----- I think it was 70 + mph winds.  At any rate our electicity was knocked out for about 30 hours.  During the night - not sleeping well anyway- sleep number bed can't be set without electricity, dog started to go nuts, running up and down the stairs, barking her fool head off.  I look outside and my car that sits in front of the house - not enough room in garage for all the toys - the overhead light is on, it comes on if you open the door handle.  I look around and I see the neighbor across the street roming around his house, so figure his dog has alerted to something too. So I, dressed in slippers and bath robe (Already a scary sight), armed with a little battery charged tea light am going to go downstairs and find out what is going on.  I momentarily think about the gun in the husband's night stand.  Then a scenario plays in my head. 

Wife arrested for killing husband, accidently shooting revolver that she has no idea how to work, while using a tea light for immuniation during a electrical outage.

No - I do not carry.    And you are all safer for it. 

:huepfenlol2:

Well......I guess that could be a good thing.  On the other hand, my bride...........all 5'4" 107lbs of her..........is very proficient with a pistol.  I worry....but not much.  The Girl is lethal.   :2vrolijk_21:

Janine

• FXDSE2
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FXDSE2
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE
« Reply #301 on: February 29, 2008, 01:55:21 PM »

A couple of weeks ago we had a wind storm ----- I think it was 70 + mph winds.  At any rate our electicity was knocked out for about 30 hours.  During the night - not sleeping well anyway- sleep number bed can't be set without electricity, dog started to go nuts, running up and down the stairs, barking her fool head off.  I look outside and my car that sits in front of the house - not enough room in garage for all the toys - the overhead light is on, it comes on if you open the door handle.  I look around and I see the neighbor across the street roming around his house, so figure his dog has alerted to something too. So I, dressed in slippers and bath robe (Already a scary sight), armed with a little battery charged tea light am going to go downstairs and find out what is going on.  I momentarily think about the gun in the husband's night stand.  Then a scenario plays in my head. 

Wife arrested for killing husband, accidently shooting revolver that she has no idea how to work, while using a tea light for immuniation during a electrical outage.

Out of curiosity, what was going on?
Member 4721
FXDSE2-Candy Cobalt/Midnight Blue

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #302 on: February 29, 2008, 01:58:07 PM »

Hey Candy,  What's a tea light???   :nixweiss:

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #303 on: February 29, 2008, 02:18:38 PM »

I never did figure exactly out what got the dog going crazy - we lost a couple of trees so we think when a big one crashed next to the house it was enough of an impact to not set off the car alarm, but enough to wake it up to warn any intruders - thus the overhead light on and dog going nuts.  The neighbor's dog probably alerted to the same thing.  We did not find out about down tree till next day. 

The tea light ----- you are going to laugh at the image of me - carrying a 1 inch tea light as if it were a weapon as I trudge through the house, open doors and demand to know what is going on outside.

But a tea light is about 1 inch round and 3/4 inch tall candle, I have the battery operated ones, it has a flame shaped LED bulb which softly flickers to mimic the effect of a real candle. LED bulb has no smoke or flame so it's safe to use, usually we use them for decorations. And the small size fit into the bath robe pocket for moving from room to room once we went to bed.  While we were still up listening to the radio, we had kerosene lanterns, and candles so our house looked pretty lit up from the outside. 
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 02:27:51 PM by Mrs.We »

leoniru

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #304 on: February 29, 2008, 06:02:05 PM »

.45 Springfield Armory V-10 Compact, or S & W 640 .38/.357, or Star 9mm, or etc., etc. All southpaw friendly. Don't like polymer or even alloy frames -- give me good ol' steel all around. I'll suffer with the extra weight. Works better if needed to bludgeon. Don't like decockers, or trigger safetys. Carry semis with one in the pipe, safety wiped off, and hammer first click back from the firing pin.  I also handload for all with Hornady XTP bullets, weigh every powder charge and seal all primers. I don't trust ammo (have had several misfires over the years) made by the thousands per minute coming down some assembly line. I do trust my ability to reload consistently. Course I'm still at the mercy of the primer's being reliable, but I feel I've at least minimized any other ammo-related failure.
Always carry when on the bike and lately always wherever I go anywhere -- whether it's to the bank, shopping, the mall or to work. Once at work (I worked in an emergency room for 21 years now) I have to discretely transfer the weopon into my locker as I don't feel comfortable leaving it in my vehicle despite a vehicular alarm system. I would be immediately fired if my carry piece were found by the administrators at work, but I feel if I can get to it and effectively use it to save either my life or that of one of my colleagues, it's a worthwhile trade. Especially since our security are NOT allowed to even carry defensive sprays, tasers, or a baton let alone a firearm!! No metal detectors and the doors aren't even locked down at night!! I know we're 'overdue' for a situation caused by some desperate crack-head or junkie, or gang-banger. Of course I don't make it known what I do at work, nor do I broadcast the fact that I'm carrying in general. I also subscribe to the 'better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6' philosophy. Yeah, I have a CCL, but I wonder if it might just make it that much easier for the gun grabbers to know where and who to look up when the day comes to try and disarm the populace in this country.
Usually carry in a fanny pack. Not very quick to deploy but doesn't broadcast the fact that I'm packing, at least not in NE Pennsylvania. Oh yeah, I also always carry a Surefire flashlight with extra batterys. In fact, the light itself is bright enough to knock out someone's vision temporarily.

leoniru

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #305 on: February 29, 2008, 08:56:08 PM »

Added a Glock 21 SR to the collection today , SR meaning slim rail it is thiner  in width  has ambi mag release  3 dot nite sites and 13 round clips   hope to shoot tomorrow    :2vrolijk_21:

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #306 on: March 06, 2008, 09:10:10 AM »

anyone on here have exeprience with Kel-Tec?  in particular the .380

i took one off a DUI the other night...  small, light, gave the appearance of being well made...

sadly, it went into evidence...

but im thinking about getting one

any thoughts?

The P3AT is a great gun , but if you get one make sure it was manufactured after 2005. Prior models had extraction problems (the company is great w/fixing it, but you may not be around to send it back to them). Also they cannot fire +P or +P+ rounds, but cor-bon, speer, and win. rangers are plenty powerful. You can get them for around $270 and they have very little recoil and tight grouping.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #307 on: March 06, 2008, 10:04:45 AM »

Is this considered a concealed weapon?

"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #308 on: March 06, 2008, 10:08:34 AM »

Is this considered a concealed weapon?

Only if they would produce it. ;)

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
Oh yea!!!

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #309 on: March 10, 2008, 07:04:12 PM »

Oh yeah, I also always carry a Surefire flashlight with extra batterys. In fact, the light itself is bright enough to knock out someone's vision temporarily.

leoniru
Which model Surefire do you carry?  :nixweiss: thanks, spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #310 on: March 10, 2008, 07:07:51 PM »

Which model Surefire do you carry?  :nixweiss: thanks, spyder

I typically carry the E2D Exec Defender , light bright and has a very cool bezel for close in core sample removal

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #311 on: March 10, 2008, 07:09:44 PM »

I typically carry the E2D Exec Defender , light bright and has a very cool bezel for close in core sample removal

btw they offer a 25% mil/ LE discount factory direct on everything

awesome folks to work with

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #312 on: March 10, 2008, 07:14:25 PM »

this particular surefire was a personal gift from the designers at Surefire....  bright and deadly...   TSA guys had fun with my suitcase that day :2vrolijk_21:

L6 porcupine special

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #313 on: March 10, 2008, 07:15:46 PM »

different view

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #314 on: March 10, 2008, 07:31:03 PM »

Nice!  What's the battery life on that model, Scott?  :nixweiss: thanks, spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 201

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 23 queries.