Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 585257 times)

GMAN

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #345 on: March 19, 2008, 11:41:27 AM »

Smith and Wesson 40cal. You never know when you might meet some asshole you used to arrest on a weekly basis.

GMAN

Biguglydude

« Reply #346 on: March 19, 2008, 12:15:42 PM »

Well, I’m probably not the bravest man in the world but, then again, I’m not a coward or stupid either.  I’m 5’11”, 220lb…your typical Caucasian male.  I have a second degree black belt in TKD, taught for over 10 years and could probably hold my own very well against 2 or 3 “unarmed” As***les!  The problem here lies with…what if they’re armed?  Even the greatest Martial Artist in the world is going to at least get cut and sure as hell can’t stop bullets…well he can but not the way he’d like.  What if my wife is with me?  What if my kids are with me?  What if my grandkids are with me?  What if my mother-in-law…hummmmm.  Anyway, I can’t keep all the perps busy with me.  One or two will surely go after them.  I want the choice to be able to deal with the situation at hand and keep myself, as well as those with me, alive.  It’s a shame our society tries to turn defensive situation into a criminal act itself.  Everyone is looking for an easy dollar and suing seems to be the trend.  I’ve made up my mind to deal with the aftermath whatever it may be.  God forbid I should ever have to use this G27.  But, if you’re asking me to choose between jail time or one of my loved ones lives?  Lock me up and throw away the key.  This (IMO) is the first and most important question that needs to be answered before you carry.  Are you willing to go to jail?  Because, chit happens!  Even professional law enforcement officers deal with possibility.
Why do you have to 'put your two cents in'... but it's only a 'penny for your thoughts'?
Where's that extra penny going?

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #347 on: March 19, 2008, 12:25:59 PM »

If somebody intends to do you or yours harm, as in slashing me through an open window with a group of other miscreants waiting to pull me out, rob and kill me, they deserve to die, period.  If my family is involved, double duty.  I wish I had the greezer with me but then I would have gone to the clink because I would have cut them all down.

Property protection isa little dicy, but luckily we have a "castle doctrine" in Florida.  It does not justify homocide but will keep you safe from prosecution, unless you unload on somebody banging on your door as recently happened down here. 
I think the shooter effed up when he went outside after the 1st shot and pumped another one into the idiot on the ground.

"Officer, I was in fear of my life and would like to speak to my lawyer as soon as possible please", keep repeating....

Dirtbags beware, some of us nice guys bite.

old wrench

• Full CVO Member
  • You gota make this work together to get there fast

• CVO1: 2008 FSXTSSE2 Orange
« Reply #348 on: March 19, 2008, 12:28:13 PM »

Biguglydude I agree 100% there is a high cap. 9mm in one bag and a flask of Crown in the other, that way Im covered as to which type of snake I run into. You just have to learn to respect them both, I dont drink and drive or do drive by shooting, I always pull over first hehehehe

Biguglydude

« Reply #349 on: March 19, 2008, 12:29:34 PM »

:huepfenjump3: I agree!!....Nice gun!
Why do you have to 'put your two cents in'... but it's only a 'penny for your thoughts'?

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #350 on: March 19, 2008, 12:32:30 PM »

I am going to retire this kimber for a "black gun" that won't get a beat up, as I carry everyday.
I will probably go with the kimber 45 in 3"....

old wrench

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #351 on: March 19, 2008, 12:39:57 PM »

If somebody intends to do you or yours harm, as in slashing me through an open window with a group of other miscreants waiting to pull me out, rob and kill me, they deserve to die, period.  If my family is involved, double duty.  I wish I had the greezer with me but then I would have gone to the clink because I would have cut them all down.

Property protection isa little dicy, but luckily we have a "castle doctrine" in Florida.  It does not justify homocide but will keep you safe from prosecution, unless you unload on somebody banging on your door as recently happened down here. 
I think the shooter effed up when he went outside after the 1st shot and pumped another one into the idiot on the ground.

"Officer, I was in fear of my life and would like to speak to my lawyer as soon as possible please", keep repeating....

Dirtbags beware, some of us nice guys bite.

Thats not a gun, this is a gun ha, man have a hell of a time getting it in the bags ;)

Biguglydude

« Reply #352 on: March 19, 2008, 12:53:02 PM »

Hey Miker,

That's a nice Kimber!  A 1911 is the next pistol on my list to buy.  And Yes, everyone should have an AR-15.  I don't have any pics handy of my Colt AR-15 but, it sure do group'em nice at 200 yards!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #353 on: March 19, 2008, 12:56:43 PM »

saw this in  American Rifleman

Walther PPS - More Conceal, Less Carry

Here's the Walther I got awhile back, don't carry this one, more of a collector piece; 75th Anniversary

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #354 on: March 19, 2008, 01:27:25 PM »

I wonder if they (or someone) will make a extended mag for it?   :nixweiss: spyder

I think the only reasonable extension would be one round (for pinky to wrap around) because I believe its only a single stack mag. Anything bigger would start to look silly like the 30 rd. mag for the Glock.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #355 on: March 19, 2008, 01:38:03 PM »

I think the only reasonable extension would be one round (for pinky to wrap around) because I believe its only a single stack mag. Anything bigger would start to look silly like the 30 rd. mag for the Glock.
'looking silly' doesn't bother me as optional backup mags are only used when reloading and not in a 'carry' situation.  How 'dependable' it feeds is my only concern if I can comfortably carry it. :2vrolijk_21:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #356 on: March 19, 2008, 01:50:41 PM »

Didn't think of it that way, may just tuck a 30 rd. inside jacket pocket for reload :2vrolijk_21:. Quality ammo and a quality gun shouldn't misfeed, but always practice extration/smokestack malfunctions so its second nature should the time come cause you never know when Murphys gonna lay down the law.

old wrench

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #357 on: March 19, 2008, 02:00:43 PM »

Didn't think of it that way, may just tuck a 30 rd. inside jacket pocket for reload :2vrolijk_21:. Quality ammo and a quality gun shouldn't misfeed, but always practice extration/smokestack malfunctions so its second nature should the time come cause you never know when Murphys gonna lay down the law.

Thats a amen brother ol Murphy always shows up and its always at a bad time.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #358 on: March 19, 2008, 02:13:00 PM »

d00d,
Did you ever wonder why the US Military is the ONLY ones to carry Berettas?  Stick with the Glocks or better 1911's.  You'll always be able to use it.  While I prefer the 45's, I'm probably going to switch to a 9mm.  Most BG's are carrying this or smaller.  Once I drop one of them, I've got more ammo if I need it.  The 9 also has more to begin with in a smaller package.  In most "confrontations" you shoot til empty.  Hopefully you don't have to reload, but if you do, then reloading after 13 and adding 13 is a whole lot better than reloading after 8 and only adding 8.  Think about appendix carry over the ankle carry.  Ankle carry for a primary only has you start falling while you're getting shot.  Your first shot needs to be off in under 2 seconds to be effective.  (Even a close miss will have them starting to duck- certainly a hit is better, but may not always happen.)  You simply can't do that with an ankle carry.  Even SOB (small of back) is tough to get a shot of in less than 2 seconds.  Appendix can be done with a little practice.  The reason for the 2 second shot time is that most confrontations are over in 3 seconds.  Even with a 2 second shot time, you a severely behind the power curve.  At that point, you've already had 3 shots in your direction if they've pulled first.  An airsoft works really well to practice this.

As for filling a BG full of holes, I'm emptying the magazine, reloading and THEN waiting to see if further action is needed.  That's what umbrella policies are for.  Cheap with lots of coverage.  EVERYBODY on this site should have one, whether they carry or not!  It's all about asset protection.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #359 on: March 19, 2008, 02:38:49 PM »

Thats not a gun, this is a gun ha, man have a hell of a time getting it in the bags ;)

How about a box o guns....The M4 is a real gun make big boom boom.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 201

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 22 queries.