Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 585311 times)

old wrench

• Full CVO Member
  • You gota make this work together to get there fast

• CVO1: 2008 FSXTSSE2 Orange
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #360 on: March 19, 2008, 02:40:50 PM »

d00d,
Did you ever wonder why the US Military is the ONLY ones to carry Berettas?  Stick with the Glocks or better 1911's.  You'll always be able to use it.  While I prefer the 45's, I'm probably going to switch to a 9mm.  Most BG's are carrying this or smaller.  Once I drop one of them, I've got more ammo if I need it.  The 9 also has more to begin with in a smaller package.  In most "confrontations" you shoot til empty.  Hopefully you don't have to reload, but if you do, then reloading after 13 and adding 13 is a whole lot better than reloading after 8 and only adding 8.  Think about appendix carry over the ankle carry.  Ankle carry for a primary only has you start falling while you're getting shot.  Your first shot needs to be off in under 2 seconds to be effective.  (Even a close miss will have them starting to duck- certainly a hit is better, but may not always happen.)  You simply can't do that with an ankle carry.  Even SOB (small of back) is tough to get a shot of in less than 2 seconds.  Appendix can be done with a little practice.  The reason for the 2 second shot time is that most confrontations are over in 3 seconds.  Even with a 2 second shot time, you a severely behind the power curve.  At that point, you've already had 3 shots in your direction if they've pulled first.  An airsoft works really well to practice this.

As for filling a BG full of holes, I'm emptying the magazine, reloading and THEN waiting to see if further action is needed.  That's what umbrella policies are for.  Cheap with lots of coverage.  EVERYBODY on this site should have one, whether they carry or not!  It's all about asset protection.

Have you ever seen a Seal take the top works off a Beretta and your standing there with the lower frame in your hand while he has a chuck of iron your fixin to eat oh damn it.

old wrench

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #361 on: March 19, 2008, 02:48:10 PM »

Damn miker you better not even drive close to the airport with that case ha, thats the way to travel ;)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #362 on: March 19, 2008, 02:50:41 PM »

Damn miker you better not even drive close to the airport with that case ha, thats the way to travel ;)

Only to and from the camp or range...The greezer is only in its gi  cardboard box...A silenced 22 lr is next on the list.
Guns is like tater chipsor harleys's, cain't have just one!   :cucumber:

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #363 on: March 19, 2008, 02:51:33 PM »

How about a box o guns....The M4 is a real gun make big boom boom.

Is the M4 that much cleaner than than say an FN SLP or Rem. 1100? Benelli claims that the way it reloads makes it that much cleaner and much less to clean than other selfloaders.  I'm contemplating between an M4 and the SLP :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 02:53:22 PM by Pete7539 »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #364 on: March 19, 2008, 02:53:34 PM »

d00d,
Did you ever wonder why the US Military is the ONLY ones to carry Berettas?  Stick with the Glocks or better 1911's.  You'll always be able to use it.  While I prefer the 45's, I'm probably going to switch to a 9mm.  Most BG's are carrying this or smaller.  Once I drop one of them, I've got more ammo if I need it.  The 9 also has more to begin with in a smaller package.  In most "confrontations" you shoot til empty  Hopefully you don't have to reload, but if you do, then reloading after 13 and adding 13 is a whole lot better than reloading after 8 and only adding 8.   Think about appendix carry over the ankle carry. Ankle carry for a primary only has you start falling while you're getting shot.   Your first shot needs to be off in under 2 seconds to be effective.  (Even a close miss will have them starting to duck- certainly a hit is better, but may not always happen.)  You simply can't do that with an ankle carry.  Even SOB (small of back) is tough to get a shot of in less than 2 seconds.  Appendix can be done with a little practice.  The reason for the 2 second shot time is that most confrontations are over in 3 seconds.  Even with a 2 second shot time, you a severely behind the power curve.  At that point, you've already had 3 shots in your direction if they've pulled first.  An airsoft works really well to practice this.

As for filling a BG full of holes, I'm emptying the magazine, reloading and THEN waiting to see if further action is needed.  That's what umbrella policies are for.  Cheap with lots of coverage.  EVERYBODY on this site should have one, whether they carry or not!  It's all about asset protection.
Can't and will not argue the point of there are probably better things out there then the Berretta's, but it's like owning/buying Harley's once you like something it's hard to get away from it. :nixweiss: I know Glocks are better, but they remind me so much of the Mattel guns I used to play w/as a kid. Have always been taught/told to "shoot the threat down" no if, ands, buts about it. I'll have 15 round clips so as you suggested I should be alright in that respect. Definitely will carry on the hip, and only thinking of ankle carry as a backup gun (S&W Model 669) or for some reason I wouldn't be able to conceal on the hip.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

old wrench

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #365 on: March 19, 2008, 02:59:36 PM »

Only to and from the camp or range...The greezer is only in its gi  cardboard box...A silenced 22 lr is next on the list.
Guns is like tater chipsor harleys's, cain't have just one!   :cucumber:

Oh I was a full blown junkie at one time over 270 long rifles and more than 150 hand guns, when I brought home a 4000# safe door from a bank that was being remodeled so I could build a walkin gun safe my wife told me, Honey you really need to think about going to rehab  ;D

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #366 on: March 19, 2008, 03:01:50 PM »

Is the M4 that much cleaner than than say an FN SLP or Rem. 1100? Benelli claims that the way it reloads makes it that much cleaner and much less to clean than other selfloaders.  I'm contemplating between an M4 and the SLP :nixweiss:

It eats anything, even lowbounce ammo...It seems cleaner (but I'll blast a couple of cases on a shoot) than my remmy (which I love), but the blam blam blam blam blam blam of the m4 is pretty neat and it shoots a tight bunch, murder on clays.  Besides the look on on the foo foo weatherby shooters is great when they see a black gun smashin clays.

I need to get the ammo tube extension for two more and the collapsible stock only because, well it is tacticool!

Shoot straight n safe.

:jalapeno:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #367 on: March 19, 2008, 03:04:09 PM »

Oh I was a full blown junkie at one time over 270 long rifles and more than 150 hand guns, when I brought home a 4000# safe door from a bank that was being remodeled so I could build a walkin gun safe my wife told me, Honey you really need to think about going to rehab  ;D

I gottcha wrench...I'll am cooling off on them simply so I don't have to get a bigger safe.  I only have 10 or so longs and 4 pistols, so there is room for a few more.... ;)

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #368 on: March 19, 2008, 03:07:59 PM »

It eats anything, even lowbounce ammo...It seems cleaner (but I'll blast a couple of cases on a shoot) than my remmy (which I love), but the blam blam blam blam blam blam of the m4 is pretty neat and it shoots a tight bunch, murder on clays.  Besides the look on on the foo foo weatherby shooters is great when they see a black gun smashin clays.

I need to get the ammo tube extension for two more and the collapsible stock only because, well it is tacticool!

Shoot straight n safe.

:jalapeno:

Thanks, I'll probably go w/ the M4 then. This is probably what you're lookin for http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=23213   I'll be sure to get one

old wrench

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #369 on: March 19, 2008, 03:13:30 PM »

I gottcha wrench...I'll am cooling off on them simply so I don't have to get a bigger safe.  I only have 10 or so longs and 4 pistols, so there is room for a few more.... ;)

Yep they stay in my safe and one under my pillow unless the grandkids come over, then that one gets put up. You can always buy another safe, uh lets see what is the combo to his one

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #370 on: March 19, 2008, 08:22:07 PM »

Have you ever seen a Seal take the top works off a Beretta and your standing there with the lower frame in your hand while he has a chuck of iron your fixin to eat oh damn it.

they actually fixed that problem about 10yrs ago..but still
its one of the many issues with the Beretta that i can think of....  only touch em when i has to!

old wrench

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #371 on: March 19, 2008, 10:09:22 PM »

they actually fixed that problem about 10yrs ago..but still
its one of the many issues with the Beretta that i can think of....  only touch em when i has to!

I had heard they made a change in that, the one I had was a sweet shooter, but that was a draw back on it. You can lock nearly any auto down if you got the nerve to grab and pull it into your stmoach, you just better be strong enough to hold it while you beat the H out of him with your free hand, wheel guns are the same way if you can hand lock the cylinder. Its good to know if some one is close to you and they look serious about pulling the trigger. My father always told me dont pull the gun unless your going to use it and when the music is done you better be the only on standing. I hope that day never comes.

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #372 on: March 20, 2008, 12:16:41 PM »

Thanks, I'll probably go w/ the M4 then. This is probably what you're lookin for http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=23213   I'll be sure to get one

Even better yet http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=94613691

old wrench

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #373 on: March 24, 2008, 08:17:29 AM »

Man I think these would sale good at a rally, Im going to get one for each bag  ;D

http://www.doubleviking.com:80/videos/tag/awesome/page0.html/8409.html       

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #374 on: March 24, 2008, 10:38:23 AM »

GLOCK 17,  OLDER MODEL,  NO SAFTY JUST FIRST PULL A LITTLE HARDER AND ADRENALINE WILL TAKE CARE OF THAT.
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 201

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 23 queries.