Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 588952 times)

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #390 on: April 05, 2008, 10:11:19 PM »

WOW!  a grand for that rorbaugh?  I figured spendy, but not outrageous!  How does it shoot? :nixweiss:
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #391 on: April 05, 2008, 11:32:18 PM »

The membership of this board never ceases to amaze me with their total lack of street smarts!!!! Number one,  If....and only if I did carry a piece,  I would never disclose it to anyone.  Not even my brothers!!(they would have to get that info from me, and only me, should I let them have it).  Second, should something happen, the last thing that I would want is a website, with my IP address associated with it, as well as a screen name with pictures of the weapon and me braggin' bout what I carry.......I don't believe that there are 27 pages of you guy's with pictures of the gun's that you tote.  If you guy's want Field and Stream.....there's a website for that,  Gun's and Ammo has one too!!!!!

_Beags
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #392 on: April 07, 2008, 01:24:11 PM »

if you are leagely entitled to carry, and ever pull the trigger in a legaly accepted manner then you have nothing to worry about.

what about the posts bragging about excessive speeding...... and pictures of the GPS to prove it.

if you post intent and then go Columbine or VT...... well that posting will be the least of your problems
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #393 on: April 07, 2008, 01:24:55 PM »

somewhat on topic....

former NRA president Charlton Heston passed away this weekend

http://www.boston.com/ae/movies/gallery/charltonheston/
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

blowncobra

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Blue
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Street Glide Orange Lava
« Reply #394 on: April 07, 2008, 04:23:28 PM »

Springfeild V-10 ported .45 or Colt Delta Elite 10mm with laser grips or H&K Mark 23 or any of their little friends :coolblue:, ya never know when you might run into a bunch of bikers  :nixweiss: 
THE WHOLE WORLD NEEDS A DRINK

jimp

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #395 on: April 07, 2008, 05:54:06 PM »

If run across any of these at a good price, you may want to snatch it up.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 05:00:53 PM by jimp »

jimp

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #396 on: April 07, 2008, 05:57:26 PM »

WOW!  a grand for that rorbaugh?  I figured spendy, but not outrageous!  How does it shoot? :nixweiss:

The Rorbaugh will hurt your hand with enough rounds down the range, so will the Kel-tec. They both group good for what they are.

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #397 on: April 08, 2008, 03:29:46 PM »

I would think so!  So... would you refer to the recoil as robust? or just sharp and nasty?   :D :nervous:

Then again, I run a Desert Eagle .50AE, and I like the recoil on that better than the recoil on the Walther PPKS that I had run...   (robust versus sharp and nasty...) 
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

oldharleyguy

• Full CVO Member
  • Yeah, orange black

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra
    • open for business
« Reply #398 on: April 26, 2008, 10:09:48 PM »

trial by 12 or carried by 6.  I like my chances with 12 of my peers.  Funny story, was in Sturgis back in 06 and went through a bullchit stop sign that was haunted by the local police.  Well they pulled over 4 bikes and a suburban and gave us all 97 dollar tickets for running the stop sign.   as the cop was writing my ticket he looked at me and said, " you don't have any dangerous weapons on ya do you?"    And they allow this guys to carry guns!
When I can't lift my leg over the saddle,this thing will be a trike.
1967 FLH * 2003 EVO Custom * 2004 FXST custom * 2007 VRSCX * 2009/1977 Springer custom * 2009 XR1200

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #399 on: April 26, 2008, 10:58:43 PM »

I may knpw where there's a Baretta .40 if needed ;D
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 10:01:08 PM by Capo »

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #400 on: April 27, 2008, 02:45:15 PM »

Colt Commander Wilson Combat upgrades, extended mag with Black Talons in a Galco pancake holster and and extra clip   :2vrolijk_21:

.22 Mag with HP's or Snake Shot in a pocket holster. 

Sean   Agree, Agree.....FlaMarine.  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

2PAK

• Full CVO Member
  • I'm not young enough to know everything.
« Reply #401 on: April 28, 2008, 12:15:08 AM »

I read these “what do you carry” threads on various bike forums.  It can be amusing.  I wonder if some guys think they’re going to be in own version of the 1969 “True Grit” movie simultaneously firing and driving with reins of their iron horse in their mouth.  :bananarock:

I personally carry, I always have.  :2vrolijk_21:  I believe in it and recommend it for folks who’ve had proper training, can do it legally (haven’t been convicted of felonies etc), aren’t on their way to becoming nut cases.   :nervous:

Here’s my two cents on what works for me.  For rides around my hood, about a 100 mile radius, I carry a S/W model 642 5-shot revolver with hollow points in a Mika pocket holster.  I also carry one strip of 6 rounds in the other pocket which are so light to carry I forget they are there sometimes.   On the bike, I carry a “Center of Mass” small lockable gun safe for those times when I need to go into a place for a bite to eat that also happens to be a bar.  In my state, you can’t legally carry in a bar.   :drink:   By the way, no one has ever seen me make the transition from carry to a lockable state on the bike.  I just manage to do it without being noticed.  Obviously, I don’t broadcast to anyone that I am carrying so it’s not something folks are watching out for either.  :P

I recommend wearing black jeans as that color doesn’t “print” as much as blue jeans.  Having said that, no one has ever made me having the above set  up on me whether I’ve got black or blue jeans on and that includes several LEO’s that I stand right next to and speak with from time to time.

Frankly, as someone who’s carried wearing an ankle holster for years on the job, I recommend against it.  I could go on and on about why but, no need.  I have no problem wearing a shoulder holster while on a bike assuming you know how to wear it and conceal it or with wearing an inside the waistband holster, again assuming you know who to wear it and conceal it.  I generally just prefer the front pocket Mika Holster with a .38 for my in town rides or to the store.

On my rides beyond 100 mile radius or overnighters etc, I also pack a SIG 220 Equinox .45 with three clips on the bike.  The SIG is my personal favorite SHTF weapon of choice and I have a lot of other SHTF pieces to choose from but I know that the SIG is the best and safest rod to pack and depend on.

My two cents and I know some will disagree with the above but I’m the new guy so give me a mulligan on this one.. :pineapple:

Biguglydude

« Reply #402 on: April 28, 2008, 07:45:35 AM »

Welcome 2PAK...no need for a mulligan here.  I see nothing wrong with your line of defense.   :2vrolijk_21:  As a matter of fact it sounds very familiar (only with a G-27.)  I've also found that just being on a Harley with leathers and such somewhat stigmatizing!  Everyone thinks we are packing anyway  :nixweiss: !  Must be that Hollywood thing again....LOL.
Why do you have to 'put your two cents in'... but it's only a 'penny for your thoughts'?
Where's that extra penny going?

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #403 on: April 28, 2008, 07:59:13 AM »

Welcome 2pak..no mully needed...I am still looking for a new front pocket piece and have not found the new ruger lcp in 380...My kimber ucp 3" is just a little too heavy but a blast to shoot....

I'd like to strap a shotrgun on the bike for traffic issues though!   ;)

Sean M Cary

« Reply #404 on: April 29, 2008, 08:49:03 PM »

I have no problem wearing a shoulder holster while on a bike assuming you know how to wear it and conceal it or with wearing an inside the waistband holster, again assuming you know who to wear it and conceal it.

After my first trip to Iraq in 05-06 I was so conditioned to wearing a shoulder holster that I had to get one at home...it wasn't really bad when I was in civvies, but when I was in uniform after coming home, all of a sudden I would realized I wasn't wearing my obligatory Galco Jackass - and I would freak out thinking I had left my pistol "somewhere"... 

I have a Jackass for my Colt Commander, but never really use it...just too much of a PIA to be all covered up.

Sean
I am the tall one on the right...
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 201

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 22 queries.