Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 588965 times)

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #465 on: June 23, 2008, 08:36:08 PM »

Had to kill time this morning before my pistol range class ( :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: GET PAID!!! to Shoot T-Th and I get PAID to RIDE Friday!  :bananarock: :bananarock:) and they will order it for me at the PX - $277!

Sean

I didn't know we could order gun throught eh PX!  How do I do that!?  uhh...   you might want to send me a pm....  dumb ass retired guy that I am.... :coolblue:
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

elvislee

« Reply #466 on: June 23, 2008, 10:10:37 PM »

I didn't know we could order gun through eh PX!  How do I do that!?  uhh...   you might want to send me a pm....  dumb ass retired guy that I am.... :coolblue:

Me too! I never thought about the PX. I haven't been in one but once since I retired. The closest base to me is a Coast Guard Base, then Pensacola Naval Air Station and Keesler AFB. Thanks for that post Coolbreeze, I might would never thunk the PX purchase thing; I might be able to find a Glock through the PX a little cheaper :2vrolijk_21:

elvislee

« Reply #467 on: June 23, 2008, 10:24:19 PM »

No more than you'll get from the muzzle flash in low lighting with a non-c model. Tritium sights are very bright and you shouldn't have any problem with a followup shot, but Lasermax is an excellent low light laser system that replaces the recoil spring on the Glock with an ambidextrous on off switch that replaces the takedown lever. There are several sites that have them for under $300. Lasermax also now has a green daytime laser setup that mounts to the rail system on the frame, nothing internal yet. As for the gun, they're failsafe and idiot proof and have been tested 10,000 rounds with no cleaning and no malfunction.

Thanks Pete...Hey when I think about it, may not have time to aim any damn way. Just point in that direction and the rapid fire is on :2vrolijk_21: Seriously though; just looking for something auto, light, and small. Thinking along the line of a Glock 26, 6.2" length (slide), 4.1" Height, 12 rd mag and 9mm. I was thinking compensated just for less recoil and maybe that xtra split sec advantage one might get for all shots after the first...but hey...what the hell do I know?...Don't anyone answer that ;D

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #468 on: June 23, 2008, 10:32:32 PM »

Thanks Pete...Hey when I think about it, may not have time to aim any damn way. Just point in that direction and the rapid fire is on :2vrolijk_21: Seriously though; just looking for something auto, light, and small. Thinking along the line of a Glock 26, 6.2" length (slide), 4.1" Height, 12 rd mag and 9mm. I was thinking compensated just for less recoil and maybe that xtra split sec advantage one might get for all shots after the first...but hey...what the hell do I know?...Don't anyone answer that ;D

Elvislee,

Have you considered the 27 over the 26 for the stopping power of the 40 over the 9mm?

http://www.remtek.com/arms/glock/model/9/26/index.htm

http://www.remtek.com/arms/glock/model/40/27/index.htm

There is a 1 shot difference and 4 gram weight difference of the magazine.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

elvislee

« Reply #469 on: June 24, 2008, 12:13:38 AM »

Elvislee,

Have you considered the 27 over the 26 for the stopping power of the 40 over the 9mm?

http://www.remtek.com/arms/glock/model/9/26/index.htm

http://www.remtek.com/arms/glock/model/40/27/index.htm

There is a 1 shot difference and 4 gram weight difference of the magazine.

Hey Unbalanced...Thanks for the links...very interesting thought on the model 27. Will keep this info under the chrome dome...Thanks

Sean M Cary

« Reply #470 on: June 24, 2008, 06:17:14 AM »

Me too! I never thought about the PX. I haven't been in one but once since I retired. The closest base to me is a Coast Guard Base, then Pensacola Naval Air Station and Keesler AFB. Thanks for that post Coolbreeze, I might would never thunk the PX purchase thing; I might be able to find a Glock through the PX a little cheaper :2vrolijk_21:
I've only seen gun depts at Marine Corps Exchange...  They have Glocks here at Lejeune - most sizes from what I recall.

Sean

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #471 on: June 24, 2008, 09:03:25 AM »

Might want to check the PX @ Keesler AFB.  Been a  few years since  I  was there, but they used to order whatever you wanted.  Have you looked at the Glock 36 in .45?  I've shot the 26 and 27 and found them to be difficult to grip, especially on the second round of a double-tap.  The 36 has the slightly longer and thinner grip.  If you get up to N AL before you buy one, PM me and put a 100 or so rounds thru one of mine.

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #472 on: June 24, 2008, 11:58:10 AM »

Also check out Gunbroker.com .   There are alot of used Glocks for sale there.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #473 on: June 24, 2008, 12:40:09 PM »

dealer im Denver will sell Glocks for a smoking price to Soldiers.....  i just found this out....   of course I already own 4 of em..lol

Someone clue me into the ordering a gun from the PX thing? 

i am stoopid  and have no ideer how to do it

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #474 on: June 24, 2008, 12:53:50 PM »

dealer im Denver will sell Glocks for a smoking price to Soldiers.....  i just found this out....   of course I already own 4 of em..lol

Might check with Sean,  but I recall that most of the Marine Corp bases have guns in stock, but the other PX's usually have a service to order them at the reduced prices.  I think it would be an individual base deal.  To purchase them you would have to be active or retired military or hold credentials from a G agency as an 1811 series criminal  investigator with a GS ranking of GS14 or higher.  The savings are usually substantial
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 01:22:58 PM by BLM777 »

Sean M Cary

« Reply #475 on: June 24, 2008, 01:18:52 PM »

dealer im Denver will sell Glocks for a smoking price to Soldiers.....  i just found this out....   of course I already own 4 of em..lol

MCX stocks a range of weapons - but I WAS going to order the Ruger LCP.  Got a call this morning from the head of the Outdoor Depart at the MCX, they have a restriction on barrel size, 3.5" or larger...LCP doesn't make the mark.

Oh well.

Sean

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #476 on: June 24, 2008, 01:44:41 PM »

MCX stocks a range of weapons - but I WAS going to order the Ruger LCP.  Got a call this morning from the head of the Outdoor Depart at the MCX, they have a restriction on barrel size, 3.5" or larger...LCP doesn't make the mark.

Oh well.

Sean
No 'deep concealable' pea-shooters, huh?  ::)  har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #477 on: June 24, 2008, 04:16:27 PM »

my new toy and i'm looking for volunteers..... :innocent:

TN

Wut the hell was that maneuver

elvislee

« Reply #478 on: June 24, 2008, 04:28:46 PM »

TN

errrrrrrrrrrr....... :o......uuuuuuuummmmmmmmmm.....NO THANKS!...Maybe somebody else wants to play ;D

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #479 on: June 24, 2008, 04:39:35 PM »

TN

Nope....been there and done that with one of the early prototypes. Drew the short straw for a test dummy.   It will knock you on your a$$! 
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 201

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 22 queries.