Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 587842 times)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #585 on: November 13, 2008, 11:57:30 AM »

I currently carry a Perazzi MX8 SC3 - but usually only on a weekend!

:2vrolijk_21:

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

REGGAB

« Reply #586 on: November 16, 2008, 02:53:57 PM »

Took Renea out for breakfast this morning with the intent of stopping at a local supply store afterwards to continue adding to our ammunition stockpile.  I bought every box of .380 ACP, .40 S&W, and 9mm Luger ammunition they had.  Then I got the third degree questioning:  1)  Is WW3 fixing to start?  2)  What in the world do you need so much ammo for?  3)  What are you going to do with all that ammo?

1)  I don't think so, but who really knows?
2)  I don't, really, but it'll be there if I do, and I can't get it at that time because it's either not available or taxed so much as to be unaffordable.
3)  Add it to the closet full I have already.   :2vrolijk_21:

Get it while you can.  Change is imminent.   :2vrolijk_21:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #587 on: November 16, 2008, 05:05:03 PM »

Prices are only gonna go up...alot.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #588 on: November 16, 2008, 05:59:45 PM »

yep

Built my M4 last night, got it all put together, function checked it and wiped it down...had vice scratches all over the upper from the vendor!

I was bummed.  Couldn't see them with all the protectant they had on it when it shipped.  You can make them out all over the upper.

Gonna ride up to Del-ton Wednesday I think - see if they can trade me out.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #589 on: November 16, 2008, 06:07:47 PM »

yep

Built my M4 last night, got it all put together, function checked it and wiped it down...had vice scratches all over the upper from the vendor!

I was bummed.  Couldn't see them with all the protectant they had on it when it shipped.  You can make them out all over the upper.

Which vendor  :confused5:

REGGAB

« Reply #590 on: November 16, 2008, 06:19:28 PM »

That they are, Sir.  That they are, hence my adherence to the 6Ps.   :2vrolijk_21:

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #591 on: November 16, 2008, 07:50:31 PM »

yep

Sean, in your opinion who has the best AR-15 set up on the market and would you go 16' or 20"?

Sean M Cary

« Reply #592 on: November 16, 2008, 08:08:06 PM »

Which vendor  :confused5:

Del-Ton.com, gotta be an anomaly - they have a great rep

Sean M Cary

« Reply #593 on: November 16, 2008, 08:13:50 PM »

Sean, in your opinion who has the best AR-15 set up on the market and would you go 16' or 20"?

I'm a black rifle neophyte with owning/building them (all the rest are Colt's at work) - the DPMS lower and the Del-ton upper were recommended by a Master Sergeant at work, he has 6 of them.  J&T was also spec as a great source for kits - which is what I did from Del-ton.  It was fun building it, over the years I have become quite familiar with them, so it was not a stretch to build this one from a kit.  Addicting actually, think I am going to get a 7.62 x 39 before the end of Jan...

AR-15.com is a huge resource (FLAMarine there), there are folks who spend an ungodly amount of $$ on rifles.

I was interested in shooters.  I got the M4 kit and have the 20" A3 kit with the A2 upper, not the flat top coming.  You can go nuts with this, spend big money.  Basically there are two manufacturers of the barrels and most components - and they are branded from there.  Working on optics for the M4, EOTech is what I am leaning towards for that- can't afford an ACOG, or I would get that.  Have shot them with an A4 and they are amazing.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #594 on: November 16, 2008, 08:14:45 PM »

That they are, Sir.  That they are, hence my adherence to the 6Ps.   :2vrolijk_21:

I have put away 500 each of .223 and 7.62 x 39 and expect to buy more.

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #595 on: November 16, 2008, 10:01:51 PM »

I found the wolf sticky and dirty...Cheap in more ways than one..imho of course cause I don't know squat.

The whole problems with the Wolf crap is #1 Steel cases but the really big problem is the lacquer they put on the rounds.  Weapon heats up lacquer melts , gets sticky, traps carbon and any other crude it can find and then you have a sandpaper like goo in the chamber etc.  If you do not clean the weapon in hot and I mean hot soapy water with a lot of elbow grease you will never get all the goo out and any following shooting just keeps adding to the problems.  One a foreign made weapon with loose tolerance that is okay but on weapon that has tight tolerances you are just dooming the weapon.

I shoot a lot and the Dillon 550 I have keeps me at about a 50/50 time line.  In other words If i shoot for an hour I can reload what I shot in an hour.  Which is around 400 to 500 rounds an hour.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #596 on: November 16, 2008, 10:31:35 PM »

The whole problems with the Wolf crap is #1 Steel cases but the really big problem is the lacquer they put on the rounds.  Weapon heats up lacquer melts , gets sticky, traps carbon and any other crude it can find and then you have a sandpaper like goo in the chamber etc.  If you do not clean the weapon in hot and I mean hot soapy water with a lot of elbow grease you will never get all the goo out and any following shooting just keeps adding to the problems.  One a foreign made weapon with loose tolerance that is okay but on weapon that has tight tolerances you are just dooming the weapon.

I shoot a lot and the Dillon 550 I have keeps me at about a 50/50 time line.  In other words If i shoot for an hour I can reload what I shot in an hour.  Which is around 400 to 500 rounds an hour.

Interesting, I thought it was just me that was stuck in cleaning mode. What would y'all suggest instead of Wolf other than reloads?

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #597 on: November 16, 2008, 10:49:41 PM »

Interesting, I thought it was just me that was stuck in cleaning mode. What would y'all suggest instead of Wolf other than reloads?

Usually you can go to a gun show and find some good buys on Surplus Federal.  Also the federal Eagle line works good.  Really anything that is not steel cased or has a lacquer coating on the case.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #598 on: November 17, 2008, 06:30:31 AM »

scrubbing bubbles - the green/blue can stuff...  Learned that at OCS, we would make a 3 layer deep security ring around the deep sink prior to inspections to keep the Sergeant Instructor and/or Platoon Sergeant away from our dubious activities, scrubbing bubbles is amazing and does not hurt the bluing.  Final inspection at OCS, I had the armory officer as my inspector, day after we had come out of the field and were busting blanks for days, which are horrible on a chamber.  All he could say was "your weapon is too dry"...and he kind of smirked, couldn't find a spec of carbon on it.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #599 on: November 17, 2008, 06:31:53 AM »

Usually you can go to a gun show and find some good buys on Surplus Federal.  Also the federal Eagle line works good.  Really anything that is not steel cased or has a lacquer coating on the case.

I just got 500 rounds of Black Hills reman...will report back on that.

I am going the RL550B route, reloading is the way to go.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 201

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 22 queries.