Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 588545 times)

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #600 on: November 17, 2008, 12:05:48 PM »

Where does the opinion lie on a good price for a russian AK right now? 
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

Sean M Cary

« Reply #601 on: November 17, 2008, 12:12:54 PM »

Which vendor  :confused5:

called em earlier today - they said they would trade me out and that my 20" A2 was ready for pickup...

Off to Elizabethtown Wednesday for a 2fer.  Will have to hit a range on the way home and do some test fire.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #602 on: November 17, 2008, 12:13:41 PM »

Here the Romainian are $450. and the Yugos are bringing $650. Not sure what they are getting for the Chinesse junk but everyone told me to stay away from them.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #603 on: November 17, 2008, 12:16:47 PM »

Depends on the variant of the rifle and there are lots of fakes...
Saiga syn stock start around 750 I would guess.   Pre-ban wood pistol gripped are getting hard to find in good shape.

There is a pre-ban Romainian on gunbroker now bids at 600...
Also a beaty Cninese polytech at 2500 or so...near mint it says...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=116393969

I am not in the market for one...I am not in the market for one...I am not in the market for one...I am not in the market for one...

Sean M Cary

« Reply #604 on: November 17, 2008, 12:20:06 PM »

there are still kits going for $289...

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #605 on: November 17, 2008, 02:30:01 PM »

there are still kits going for $289...

Hmmm...  that sounds like fun.  What else would I need besides the kit?  and where would I get one from?

I have two of everything but an AK variant,  spo it just seems prudent to fill out the collection!   
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

Sean M Cary

« Reply #606 on: November 17, 2008, 04:10:35 PM »

Hmmm...  that sounds like fun.  What else would I need besides the kit?  and where would I get one from?

I have two of everything but an AK variant,  spo it just seems prudent to fill out the collection!   

receiver and barrel - those are the controlled items that require purchase from an FFL holder.

Do a search on AK-47 Kit there are a bunch, guess until just a month or so ago they were $89.00...  Going as high as $600 now.

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #607 on: November 18, 2008, 12:52:46 AM »

I "carry", but I don't carry my AR.
Maybe this topic is getting off the subject? 
Not that there aren't interesting posts about long guns, but I would assume that the topic should be about CCW permits and the use thereof. 
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

Sean M Cary

« Reply #608 on: November 18, 2008, 06:37:13 AM »

I "carry", but I don't carry my AR.
Maybe this topic is getting off the subject? 
Not that there aren't interesting posts about long guns, but I would assume that the topic should be about CCW permits and the use thereof. 

I'd ride with my M4...but I am guessing it would cause too much commotion, and probably cause unnecessary drag.  Hell, if I got a 14.5 in barrel with the, and the carbine stock...hmmm, might just fit in a bag.  They are sold out of lowers, but there are AR-15 Pistol Kits!

Was joking to the wife that I needed a scabbard for the SERK...easy for my KLR.

Only half kidding

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #609 on: November 18, 2008, 09:09:23 AM »

I'd ride with my M4...but I am guessing it would cause too much commotion, and probably cause unnecessary drag.  Hell, if I got a 14.5 in barrel with the, and the carbine stock...hmmm, might just fit in a bag.  They are sold out of lowers, but there are AR-15 Pistol Kits!

Was joking to the wife that I needed a scabbard for the SERK...easy for my KLR.

Only half kidding
Times have changed......when my Dad rode his Knucklehead across these United States in the late 30's, he carried a shotgun in a fork-mounted scabbard.  Not sure you would get too far with one mounted now. I remember someone on here mentioning that they got pulled over for a sword mounted on a sissy bar in Virginia, I think.  :-\  har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #610 on: November 18, 2008, 02:46:17 PM »

The best answer is screw with me and find out.  Never show your hand before you need to. :2vrolijk_21:
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #611 on: November 19, 2008, 10:45:11 AM »

Just go buy an AK parts kit and a receiver flat.  You should get everything in the parts kit, other than a useable receiver.  That kit should set you back about $125 for a real good one.  The receiver flat shouldn't be anymore than $25.  NEITHER is an FFL item!!!!  The ONLY thing on an AK that's FFL is a "functional" receiver.  An unbent peice of metal with some holes in it is just exactly that, so the flat isn't controlled.  If you pick up shotgun news or the like, you should be able to go back to one of their many articles that tell you how to take the flat and make it into a functional receiver.  I did one a while back, and the ONLY papered item was the prebent receiver I bought for $90.  Since it IS a functional receiver, it is papered.  I just felt that for my first build, I didn't want to hassle with the buildup of the receiver.  It went together pretty easily.  After doing it, I realized how easy it would be to make the receiver, especially if all you really have to do is bend it and heat treat it- which is what a better flat takes to "make " it.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

Sean M Cary

« Reply #612 on: November 19, 2008, 03:37:41 PM »

Just go buy an AK parts kit and a receiver flat.  You should get everything in the parts kit, other than a useable receiver.  That kit should set you back about $125 for a real good one.  The receiver flat shouldn't be anymore than $25.  NEITHER is an FFL item!!!!  The ONLY thing on an AK that's FFL is a "functional" receiver.  An unbent peice of metal with some holes in it is just exactly that, so the flat isn't controlled.  If you pick up shotgun news or the like, you should be able to go back to one of their many articles that tell you how to take the flat and make it into a functional receiver.  I did one a while back, and the ONLY papered item was the prebent receiver I bought for $90.  Since it IS a functional receiver, it is papered.  I just felt that for my first build, I didn't want to hassle with the buildup of the receiver.  It went together pretty easily.  After doing it, I realized how easy it would be to make the receiver, especially if all you really have to do is bend it and heat treat it- which is what a better flat takes to "make " it.

need a brake to bend it?  what gauge?

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #613 on: November 19, 2008, 04:07:06 PM »

While a brake can make for a cleaner bend, I'm fairly certain with some patience and the right sized support a hammer and clamps would be all you'd need.  It's fairly light gauge, but I don't know gauges well enough to be able to put a number on it.  None of the ones I have are more than 1.5mm think.  Their all probably closer to 1mm.  Even on an original from the factory, it's nothing but a stamped piece; hardened after it's stamped.  That's what makes the damn thing so reliable, cheap easy to make parts with loose tolerances on everything that doesn't matter.  The only thing that has any real tolerance is the headspacing.  That's why most AK's will eat any ammo you can stuff into them and be "minute of bad guy" accurate, no matter what ammo of it's condition.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #614 on: November 19, 2008, 04:34:12 PM »

What is the status of AR-10 and AR-15 Receivers in your parts? I bought 2 of each last month and sold one of each yesterday for what i paid for all four :bananarock: Sold them to my FFL pal, he is turning them around to make money for himself. Come to find out, these things are now a year out...  :nixweiss:
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 201

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 22 queries.