Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 587893 times)

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #645 on: December 06, 2008, 12:16:21 AM »

mine is also affected....

im real careful to not drop it on the hammer until they fix it ;-)

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #646 on: December 06, 2008, 05:37:02 AM »

I'm not going to divulge what I carry and where I carry it. But let me say that anytime my wife or myself leaves this house, there is a handgun somewhere on each of us. Yes, we both have concealed carry permits. When On the Bikes, there is usually and extra one on board.
I've always been partial to 9mm with a 4 in barrel, wifey likes S&W snub 38 spec, but likes her new 380.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

ridefar

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #647 on: December 06, 2008, 07:47:03 AM »

Always, legally of course. Colt Series 70 Lightweight Commander.45 ACP worked over to perfection by Novak's .45 Shop. Owned since new in 1980. Also, you can't beat a nice wheelgun like a Smith .38 snub or bigger if you are willing, nice because they do not leave spent cases lying around, if you get my drift. If expecting trouble, stay home or take a rifle or shotgun.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #648 on: December 06, 2008, 09:46:58 AM »

Always, legally of course. Colt Series 70 Lightweight Commander.45 ACP worked over to perfection by Novak's .45 Shop. Owned since new in 1980. Also, you can't beat a nice wheelgun like a Smith .38 snub or bigger if you are willing, nice because they do not leave spent cases lying around, if you get my drift. If expecting trouble, stay home or take a rifle or shotgun.
Great shooter.  Just wish mine was the 'lightweight' like yours.......I'd probably choose it more often for CC.   8)  har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #649 on: December 06, 2008, 01:55:42 PM »

I just found a Ruger LCP at a small local gun shop right in Custer.  I asked about the recall deal, but the lady who owns the shop didn't seem to know much about it.  Anyway, I bought it.  When I got home I got on the computer, and sure enough- my new gun is subject to the recall. 
I was going to return it, but I started thinking about the fact that although it's a small hassle I would get the upgrades AND a free extra clip so I decided to keep it.  I just sent Ruger an email this morning and already received a reply.  -Besides, I'm not going to be dropping a loaded gun anytime soon anyway.  I just wanted to be sure and get one while the gettin's good.

The thing is, I feel like dejavu all over again with the "product enhancement" deal I just went through with my bike!   :confused5:
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #650 on: December 06, 2008, 02:13:56 PM »

I just found a Ruger LCP at a small local gun shop right in Custer.  I asked about the recall deal, but the lady who owns the shop didn't seem to know much about it.  Anyway, I bought it.  When I got home I got on the computer, and sure enough- my new gun is subject to the recall. 
I was going to return it, but I started thinking about the fact that although it's a small hassle I would get the upgrades AND a free extra clip so I decided to keep it.  I just sent Ruger an email this morning and already received a reply.  -Besides, I'm not going to be dropping a loaded gun anytime soon anyway.  I just wanted to be sure and get one while the gettin's good.

The thing is, I feel like dejavu all over again with the "product enhancement" deal I just went through with my bike!   :confused5:

very true on the Deja VU!!!! 

it seems like Ruger is doing what they can to make it painless and correct so, no worries  enjoy it!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #651 on: December 08, 2008, 08:12:31 AM »

Take the gun down and buff the chamber/reciever/barrel with a scotch brite red pad.  Load snap caps into the mag and hand cycle the lil runt a bunch...I did that a few times then with a few snap caps loaded, proceeded to beat the crap out of it, no hammer fall, but I am sending it back anyway.  It fired fine with no feed problems spritely recoil with fmj, I imagine the heavy corbons will kick good.  I need a mag xtension I think.

I no longer keep one in the chamber to avoid the Plexcio but still carry it and can rack one purty dern quick after a little practice.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #652 on: December 08, 2008, 01:07:56 PM »

[quote author=miker link=topic=16970.msg499641#msg499641 date= )

I no longer keep one in the chamber to avoid the Plexcio but still carry it and can rack one purty dern quick after a little practice.

Not as quick as a BG pulling the trigger.

[/quote]
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #653 on: December 08, 2008, 01:11:19 PM »

True :'(

That is why I swapped out for the cdp this am...Boy is it heavy! 
Maybe I should go pick up a 22 mag wheel for the meantime.

Any suggestions, this Kimber is just too big.

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #654 on: December 08, 2008, 02:22:43 PM »

Take the gun down and buff the chamber/reciever/barrel with a scotch brite red pad.  Load snap caps into the mag and hand cycle the lil runt a bunch...I did that a few times then with a few snap caps loaded, proceeded to beat the crap out of it, no hammer fall, but I am sending it back anyway.  It fired fine with no feed problems spritely recoil with fmj, I imagine the heavy corbons will kick good.  I need a mag xtension I think.

Thanks for the advise.  Good idea about the scotch-bright pad.  As you probably already know, the new mag Ruger sends you is supposed to have the extention on it.  -Steve
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #655 on: December 08, 2008, 02:29:51 PM »

They haven't even sent me a return auth yet!  This is gonna end up costing me...a new ccw...

Fed68

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #656 on: December 08, 2008, 03:36:02 PM »

Here is another web site that gives information about concealed carry permits.  http://www.usacarry.com/index.php

Personally, I carry a Smith & Wesson M&P40 compact.  This thread has been very interesting and it's amazing to see the amount of people who carry.  Even though I live in Illinois I have a concealled permit for Iowa as I work and travel in Iowa alot.  You can't get a CCP in IL unless you are a cop or private investigator.  We can thank Chicago for that!!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #657 on: December 08, 2008, 04:06:06 PM »

What is amazing to me is seeing the caliber (pun intended) of people I see at gun shows signing up for cwp in Fla..The Gunshine state.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #658 on: December 08, 2008, 07:27:49 PM »

What is amazing to me is seeing the caliber (pun intended) of people I see at gun shows signing up for cwp in Fla..The Gunshine state.

yeah...

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #659 on: December 08, 2008, 07:35:29 PM »

yeah...
What are " Gold D Bites "  ????   :-\ har!   :drink:spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 201

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 22 queries.