Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 585351 times)

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #765 on: January 09, 2009, 01:45:02 PM »

Sure you would it's a $1400 gun. I've owned 4 and still have a ultra cdp and a raptor II. Like most people that don't shoot 100 rounds a month if you carry a hand gun with one in the pipe and the hammer back bad things are going to happen if you need to use it in a hurry. I'm not a big glock fan for the same reason. And you're right everyone is entitled to their opinion. And mine is that nothing is even a close second for cc handgun. Extremely accurate even to a novice, lots of knock down, no recoil and keep one in the chamber and most people couldn't figure out how to shoot it if they took it away from you. Ultimate carry weapon!! 8)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #766 on: January 09, 2009, 01:56:20 PM »

That sure is a 'pretty' pistol, Miker......but I still see nothing wrong with my Colt .45 1911s, in different sizes for different purposes.  ;) har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #767 on: January 09, 2009, 02:11:37 PM »

That sure is a 'pretty' pistol, Miker......but I still see nothing wrong with my Colt .45 1911s, in different sizes for different purposes.  ;) har!  spyder
You're right spyder Colt makes a pretty good .45. Just not a very good cc handgun in my opinion.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #768 on: January 09, 2009, 02:14:27 PM »

Sure you would it's a $1400 gun. I've owned 4 and still have a ultra cdp and a raptor II. Like most people that don't shoot 100 rounds a month if you carry a hand gun with one in the pipe and the hammer back bad things are going to happen if you need to use it in a hurry. I'm not a big glock fan for the same reason. And you're right everyone is entitled to their opinion. And mine is that nothing is even a close second for cc handgun. Extremely accurate even to a novice, lots of knock down, no recoil and keep one in the chamber and most people couldn't figure out how to shoot it if they took it away from you. Ultimate carry weapon!! 8)

Yup Lew, I will keep my eye out for one, handsome with a wood grip..
That is why I went with the lcp, like a vacation from the cdp. I felt bad dinging it up.
The lil ruger is not too bad to shoot ball out of at practice time but it stings with the gold dot.
Almost bought a seecamp but after seeing that P7M8 and hearing the testimony, let the hunt begin!

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #769 on: January 09, 2009, 02:31:14 PM »

Yup Lew, I will keep my eye out for one, handsome with a wood grip..
That is why I went with the lcp, like a vacation from the cdp. I felt bad dinging it up.
The lil ruger is not too bad to shoot ball out of at practice time but it stings with the gold dot.
Almost bought a seecamp but after seeing that P7M8 and hearing the testimony, let the hunt begin!
Yep I feel your pain. I love the ultra cdp. Its as good looking as anything I've ever owned. Or it was until I put it under the vettes seat and the memory setting ran over the wood. Ouch!! Backstrapping will eat my hand up if I shoot it very much. The 9mm is a good round, I can get back on target much faster and without any flash at night. I wish I could find a 13 shot but the grip would be a lot bigger. One of the things I really like about the H&K it has a good size grip and long enough fo all my fingers but a short slide. And with the weird safety... try one you will love it.Especially if you like playing with guns!!!

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #770 on: January 09, 2009, 02:34:19 PM »

Recently obtained the Ultra Covert with the Crimson Trace laser sight in addition to the slide night sights.  With only about 300 rounds thru it got to say it's impressive, even to a guy who swears to 30 years of shooting 1011's.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #771 on: January 09, 2009, 02:34:35 PM »

It is the height of gunshow season downhere, I'll be lookin...I do not own any HK but have an open mind when it comes to firearms!   ;) :D

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #772 on: January 09, 2009, 02:41:06 PM »

It is the height of gunshow season downhere, I'll be lookin...I do not own any HK but have an open mind when it comes to firearms!   ;) :D
Excellent there are a few sights for the holster wear but if you see anything that looks good for cc let me know.      than :bananarock:ks

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #773 on: January 09, 2009, 02:43:45 PM »

I have 5k through mine and still need a takedown pin, kimbers are worth it..I have a 300 winmag I used to hunt with...>1moa at 100

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #774 on: January 09, 2009, 02:47:23 PM »

I have 5k through mine and still need a takedown pin, kimbers are worth it..I have a 300 winmag I used to hunt with...>1moa at 100

Custom build ?

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #775 on: January 09, 2009, 02:51:12 PM »

Don't do much rifle hunting anymore but weapon of choice is a 7 winmag. Doing a lot more bird hunting hunting and sporting clays. Love to watch the dogs work!!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #776 on: January 09, 2009, 03:08:05 PM »

No, but I remember custom load, I cannot recall the spec...Kimbers are custom built and a treat to own.
I have not fired in years, prolly should when the range has the 300 meter alley open.  It sits. I need a new spotting scope..

My AR was put into service hunting hogs via 4 wheeler with S&W 357 wheel 7 1/2 barrel sidearm for cutting through palm fronds, but those days down here are now waning too as the desperate need of gated communities, golf courses and shopping malls has taken much hunting ground out of the limited natural space.   :-\

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #777 on: January 09, 2009, 03:17:52 PM »

No, but I remember custom load, I cannot recall the spec...Kimbers are custom built and a treat to own.
I have not fired in years, prolly should when the range has the 300 meter alley open.  It sits. I need a new spotting scope..

My AR was put into service hunting hogs via 4 wheeler with S&W 357 wheel 7 1/2 barrel sidearm for cutting through palm fronds, but those days down here are now waning too as the desperate need of gated communities, golf courses and shopping malls has taken much hunting ground out of the limited natural space.   :-\

Its the new grey hair club. Did some hog hunting up here with the new S&W 500 hunting version with the sling and such. Shot good when I didn't flinch. Then it started spitting metal at me through the break at least I thought so.........long story. anyway I don't have it anymore.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #778 on: January 09, 2009, 04:54:16 PM »

Big club! Can't say I blame you...last box through the kimber and I had to take advil for my elbow... :'(

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #779 on: January 09, 2009, 06:35:16 PM »

The smaller 45's all will wear you out shooting full loads.  I shoot the lighter loads for practice but carry full loads.  You get to keep the muscle memory going with the light loads and if the chit hits the fan, the big loads will do the job.  You're not going to worry about your elbow til at least a week after and by then it will be fine!  It's also been show more times than I care to remember that the accuracy of your load and pistol will be mute when the stress and adrenaline kick in.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 201

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 22 queries.