Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 588202 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #780 on: January 10, 2009, 09:35:03 AM »

Must be popular, every one listed here is sold.

http://mactec-militaryarms.com/hkp7.html
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #781 on: January 10, 2009, 10:57:52 AM »

A respectful disagreement from me but I am biased like a Gator alum...

That looks like a Kimber CDP, most likely the Pro size.  It is the same as my new Ultra CDP but a inch longer barrel.

Very nice piece.

I love mine.  My wife keeps trying to take it from me.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #782 on: January 10, 2009, 11:02:30 AM »

Yep I feel your pain. I love the ultra cdp. Its as good looking as anything I've ever owned. Or it was until I put it under the vettes seat and the memory setting ran over the wood. Ouch!! Backstrapping will eat my hand up if I shoot it very much. The 9mm is a good round, I can get back on target much faster and without any flash at night. I wish I could find a 13 shot but the grip would be a lot bigger. One of the things I really like about the H&K it has a good size grip and long enough fo all my fingers but a short slide. And with the weird safety... try one you will love it.Especially if you like playing with guns!!!

I love my Ultra CDP.  Fine shooting gun.  Almost to pretty for Carry.  I can shoot 100 to 150 rounds of 45acp with it and its not bad on the hands.  Wife gets tired after about 60 rounds or so with it.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Re: Hand guns carried on bikes?
« Reply #783 on: January 16, 2009, 04:22:34 PM »

Get a hammerless S&W 38. It fits nicely inside the pocket of the HD leather jacket, or in the back pocket of your jeans. Or so I've heard.

Well, after talking it over with some friends, basically I was told to just forget that I have the gun, but if I ever really need it, remember that I have a gun.  I decided to go with the one that you suggested.  Model 642 Smith & Wesson 38 Special.  When I went into the gun shop, I was told just what I had read online...it was the most popular on the market.  Then they both showed me the ones that they carried on them...same one.  I found a local indoor range that charges $5/hr to shoot there.  That didn't seem like a very high price.  I think I will spend some time learning to shoot it and see where that takes me for comfort with it.  I always thought it would be a good idea to have at home, and I'm still not sure if it will ever leave the house other than going to the range.  My father always kept one in the house, and my mother sold it after he died, never fired once.  I'll at least learn how to shoot it.

I did find another range closeby that charges $12.50/hr and they have all kinds of rental guns there.  It may have been a smart move to go there and rent a few different ones to see which I liked best, but that's the hindsight thing.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #784 on: January 21, 2009, 11:12:18 PM »

Well, I got a chance to go fire my new S&W 38 Special at the range tonight.  I was glad when I walked in and saw one of my old neighbors that has a Street Glide there.  He introduced me to the only 4 other people there at the time.  One of the guys set up next to me and saw me shooting at the target and when I pulled the target in, he said he was a bit worried when he saw me shooting that far away with my gun.  He thought that I was actually hitting the target.  He told me that I was out of range for my gun and had me bring the target within range.  Then I started hitting real well...I think I was at about 25 feet.  He told me that was real good and that my gun was really meant for more like a 15 to 20 foot shot at most and that it was a great self defense weapon, but not much for target shooting.  He knew that I just bought the gun, but had no idea that I had never shot one before.  Then he started pulling out some of his different guns and had me try them.  He moved the targets back out further and had me give them a try.  I'll be darned, but I hit inside the target with all my shots and even hit the bullseye on one shot.  Then I told him that this was my first time shooting.  He told me that I was doing extremely well with no experience and that I picked a good gun for self defense and that if I wanted to get good at target shooting, he can get some other guns for me to try so I can get another to use for longer distance targets.  So, what I'm saying is I found a real nice guy that was very willing to help out and he doesn't sell guns.  He told me the place I got mine was by far the best dealer around this area.  I don't even know what kind of guns these were that I was firing, but I quickly found out how much easier it was to aim and pull the trigger with the hammer cocked and firing single action.  I fired off all 50 bullets that I had, as well as about another 30 of his.  Anyway, I'm glad that I found a place real closeby that I feel comfortable going to practice.  I may take a liking to this.  If I do make it a regular stop, I may just have to go get myself another gun that would be better equipped for target practice.  Oh no...am I getting sucked into another hobby that's going to get expensive?

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #785 on: January 21, 2009, 11:23:37 PM »

Oh no...am I getting sucked into another hobby

that's going to get expensive?

To the above YES and YES :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenlol2:

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #786 on: January 22, 2009, 12:05:32 AM »

To the above YES and YES :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenlol2:

This better not take away my money for bike parts and accessories.  I guess I'm lucky though...at least I'm not into skiing.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #787 on: January 22, 2009, 01:09:54 AM »

Posted to Craig's List Personals:

To the Guy Who Mugged Me Downtown (Downtown, Savannah )

Reply to:
Date: 2009-01-06, 3:43AM EST

I was the white guy with the black Burrberry jacket that you demanded I hand over shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend. You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings. I hope you somehow come across this message. I'd like to apologize.

I didn't expect you to crap your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket. Truth is, I was wearing the jacket for a reason that evening, and it wasn't that cold outside. You see, my girlfriend had just bought me that Kimber 1911 .45 ACP pistol for Christmas, and we had just picked up a shoulder holster for it that evening. Beautiful pistol, eh? It's a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head, isn't it?

I know it probably wasn't a great deal of fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with that brown sludge flopping about in your pants. I'm sure it was even worse since you also ended up leaving your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me. I couldn't have you calling up any of your buddies to come help you try to mug us again. I took the liberty of calling your mother, or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, and explaining to her your situation. I also bought myself some gas on your card. I gave your shoes to one of the homeless guys over by Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all of the cash in your wallet, then I threw the wallet itself in a dumpster.

I called a bunch of phone sex numbers from your cell. They'll be on your bill in case you'd like to know which ones. Alltel recently shut down the line, and I've only had the phone for a little over a day now, so I don't know what's going on with that. I hope they haven't permanently cut off your service. I was about to make some threatening phone calls to the DA's office with it. Oh well.

So, about your pants. I know that I was a little rough on you when you did this whole attempted mugging thing, so I'd like to make it up to you. I'm sure you've already washed your pants, so I'd like to help you out. I'd like to reimburse you for the detergent you used on the pants. What brand did you use, and was it liquid or powder? I'd also like to apologize for not killing you and instead making you walk back home humiliated. I'm hoping that you'll reconsider your choice of path in life. Next time you might not be so lucky.
If you read this message, email me and we'll do lunch and laundry. Peace Bro!

- Alex

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #788 on: January 22, 2009, 04:46:11 AM »

ya but Dave, at least you don't need to use a dremel on a gun, unless you really want to.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #789 on: January 22, 2009, 08:03:17 AM »

ya but Dave, at least you don't need to use a dremel on a gun, unless you really want to.
Leave it to you to hit me with the dremel again.  Not only have I gotten better with it, I found out some more uses for it.  Look...I can do my own dental work now...

Sean M Cary

« Reply #790 on: January 22, 2009, 08:16:04 AM »

Well, I got a chance to go fire my new S&W 38 Special at the range tonight.  I was glad when I walked in and saw one of my old neighbors that has a Street Glide there.  He introduced me to the only 4 other people there at the time.  One of the guys set up next to me and saw me shooting at the target and when I pulled the target in, he said he was a bit worried when he saw me shooting that far away with my gun.  He thought that I was actually hitting the target.  He told me that I was out of range for my gun and had me bring the target within range.  Then I started hitting real well...I think I was at about 25 feet.  He told me that was real good and that my gun was really meant for more like a 15 to 20 foot shot at most and that it was a great self defense weapon, but not much for target shooting.  He knew that I just bought the gun, but had no idea that I had never shot one before.  Then he started pulling out some of his different guns and had me try them.  He moved the targets back out further and had me give them a try.  I'll be darned, but I hit inside the target with all my shots and even hit the bullseye on one shot.  Then I told him that this was my first time shooting.  He told me that I was doing extremely well with no experience and that I picked a good gun for self defense and that if I wanted to get good at target shooting, he can get some other guns for me to try so I can get another to use for longer distance targets.  So, what I'm saying is I found a real nice guy that was very willing to help out and he doesn't sell guns.  He told me the place I got mine was by far the best dealer around this area.  I don't even know what kind of guns these were that I was firing, but I quickly found out how much easier it was to aim and pull the trigger with the hammer cocked and firing single action.  I fired off all 50 bullets that I had, as well as about another 30 of his.  Anyway, I'm glad that I found a place real closeby that I feel comfortable going to practice.  I may take a liking to this.  If I do make it a regular stop, I may just have to go get myself another gun that would be better equipped for target practice.  Oh no...am I getting sucked into another hobby that's going to get expensive?
7 yards...so your 25' is about right for close in practice

Work a double tap with a 38, one double action, on single action if that works (you may have DA only)

also try a fire from the hip/holster - pointing/pushing with your left hand (assuming you are a righty)...to simulate you are being harassed at close range, draw and shoot while pushing an attacker way to get yourself some distance to draw/shoot.

15 yards is about the outside range for long distance on that - we do 25 yards for qual also - slow fire single action only stuff

guns are as addicting as MC's to me...  AR's and AK's have been my obsession lately, I am building a Romanian "G" AK currently, it is de-milled and waiting on a new receiver, which I am bending from a flat - this is a no kidding build it yourself gun, fun!

Sean

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #791 on: January 22, 2009, 08:23:59 AM »

7 yards...so your 25' is about right for close in practice

Work a double tap with a 38, one double action, on single action if that works (you may have DA only)

also try a fire from the hip/holster - pointing/pushing with your left hand (assuming you are a righty)...to simulate you are being harassed at close range, draw and shoot while pushing an attacker way to get yourself some distance to draw/shoot.

15 yards is about the outside range for long distance on that - we do 25 yards for qual also - slow fire single action only stuff

guns are as addicting as MC's to me...  AR's and AK's have been my obsession lately, I am building a Romanian "G" AK currently, it is de-milled and waiting on a new receiver, which I am bending from a flat - this is a no kidding build it yourself gun, fun!

Sean

I think until I get a little more comfortable with it, I'd be afraid of shooting my own left hand trying that manuever just yet.  I've got to go out and get some more ammo now.  It looks like there is a wide swing in prices from place to place and it's not cheap.  I guess when I heard mention of ammo prices going up, I didn't pay attention, since it wasn't something that mattered to me...until now.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #792 on: January 22, 2009, 08:32:25 AM »

Welcome to spending money on things that go boom....

Remember Kimbers are worth every penny and you should have (see: need) at least on black gun...AR's are very handy...

My latest "need" a .458 Lott Kimber model 8400...Stump knocker...Or the 84M in .308 or....a new 44 magnum wheel,  Ruger prolly

When MOA becomes a obession, you know it is too late...

http://www.kimberamerica.com/index.php

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #793 on: January 22, 2009, 08:38:11 AM »

Welcome to spending money on things that go boom....

Remember Kimbers are worth every penny and you should have (see: need) at least on black gun...AR's are very handy...

My latest "need" a .458 Lott Kimber model 8400...Stump knocker...Or the 84M in .308 or....a new 44 magnum wheel,  Ruger prolly

When MOA becomes a obession, you know it is too late...

http://www.kimberamerica.com/index.php

My old neighbor grabbed me off before I left there last night and had me check out his new scope...some kind of laser scope that had 4 different hologram choices.  Now that was cool.  He told me to let him know when I was going there next so he can show up and let me try that out too.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #794 on: January 22, 2009, 08:43:14 AM »

Optics are a whole other ball game...I do have a crimson trace laser on my rugher lcp 380...accurate to the 15-25 foot range...It shows you how unsteady your hand really is...But it may give more confidence in the defensive stance the Major was talkin about...Don't put the red dot on your hand.

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 201

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 22 queries.