Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 585207 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #795 on: January 22, 2009, 08:45:38 AM »

Optics are a whole other ball game...I do have a crimson trace laser on my rugher lcp 380...accurate to the 15-25 foot range...It shows you how unsteady your hand really is...But it may give more confidence in the defensive stance the Major was talkin about...Don't put the red dot on your hand.

I think I can remember that piece of advice.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #796 on: January 22, 2009, 08:49:45 AM »

You are ahead of the curve...Find some "snap caps", phoney ammo to help in racking, clearing and getting used to draw and fire practice at home...I found them helpful and cheap...

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #797 on: January 22, 2009, 08:50:57 AM »

Yep shooting can become very adicting.

And as some one else said, Kimbers are worth it.  The single action on them is smooth and they are very accurate guns.

Sad thing is, at first I wanted one gun.  Then I wanted another, and got it, then another and so one, and it seems the more I have the more I want.

Loved the story about the Kimber and mugger
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #798 on: January 22, 2009, 08:53:14 AM »

Yep shooting can become very adicting.

And as some one else said, Kimbers are worth it.  The single action on them is smooth and they are very accurate guns.

Sad thing is, at first I wanted one gun.  Then I wanted another, and got it, then another and so one, and it seems the more I have the more I want.

Loved the story about the Kimber and mugger

The guy that let me shoot some of his guns last night told me that guns are like tattoos...nobody can just get one.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #799 on: January 22, 2009, 08:59:01 AM »

1abastarsmda the other thing...when you buy your gun safe,,, buy one so big that you will say to yourself, "I'll never need all that space"...

You will...you will.... "Luke, come to the dark side"...

My Fort Knox Defender is 41' wide, weighs 1200 pounds and is configured to be a 15 gun easy access, that is 15 long arms(I have traded and sold some over the years)...it also holds 2 dozen handguns, ammo, documents and other gee gaws and is full.  If I had the room, I'd just secure a full room and install a vault door...I have it bad...

http://www.ftknox.com/

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #800 on: January 22, 2009, 09:06:33 AM »

1abastarsmda the other thing...when you buy your gun safe,,, buy one so big that you will say to yourself, "I'll never need all that space"...

My Fort Knox Defender is 41' wide, weighs 1200 pounds and is configured to be a 15 gun easy access, that is 15 long arms(I have traded and sold some over the years)...it also holds 2 dozen handguns, ammo, documents and other gee gaws and is full.  If I had the room, I'd just secure a full room and install a vault door...I have it bad...

Whoa...slow down.  I don't think I'm ready for that quite yet.  I just figured out that you must have meant 41", not 41', but still.  Right now I still only have one gun that will fit in my pocket and I've only been out to shoot it once.  I think (at least I hope) that I won't need a safe like that for quite some time. :nixweiss:

Sean M Cary

« Reply #801 on: January 22, 2009, 09:06:54 AM »

I think until I get a little more comfortable with it, I'd be afraid of shooting my own left hand trying that manuever just yet.  I've got to go out and get some more ammo now.  It looks like there is a wide swing in prices from place to place and it's not cheap.  I guess when I heard mention of ammo prices going up, I didn't pay attention, since it wasn't something that mattered to me...until now.
depends on the caliber...but yeah, it has gone through the roof lately...something about Jan 20th.

Reloading always and option and one that I find quite satisfying - love reloading.  

You have to be totally focused, no outside distractions - very zen, your other "stuff" goes away as your punching primers and watching and measuring grains.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #802 on: January 22, 2009, 09:07:45 AM »

Whoa...slow down.  I don't think I'm ready for that quite yet.  I just figured out that you must have meant 41", not 41', but still.  Right now I still only have one gun that will fit in my pocket and I've only been out to shoot it once.  I think (at least I hope) that I won't need a safe like that for quite some time. :nixweiss:

COME TO THE DARK SIDE...

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #803 on: January 22, 2009, 09:08:55 AM »

or else

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #804 on: January 22, 2009, 09:09:40 AM »

For now, I think I'm going to get cleaned up and head to the store.  I need to pick up some ammo and see what other goodies I might want to get for now.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #805 on: January 22, 2009, 09:09:47 AM »

secure room is already in the planning stages for the "final house" as I call it - cinder block, wire reinforced, fire suppression with a steel door, filtered humidity controlled air in the center of the house...

yeah, I'm nuts

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #806 on: January 22, 2009, 09:10:09 AM »

COME TO THE DARK SIDE...
.... would love to but .... I live in NY  :rifle: :nixweiss:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #807 on: January 22, 2009, 09:10:22 AM »

Whoa...slow down.  I don't think I'm ready for that quite yet.  I just figured out that you must have meant 41", not 41', but still.  Right now I still only have one gun that will fit in my pocket and I've only been out to shoot it once.  I think (at le :Dast I hope) that I won't need a safe like that for quite some time. :nixweiss:

41 inch wide, sorry...I need a 41 foot room... :D :D

Sean M Cary

« Reply #808 on: January 22, 2009, 09:10:53 AM »

.... would love to but .... I live in NY  :rifle: :nixweiss:

that is the DARK STATE (also CA, NJ, CT)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #809 on: January 22, 2009, 09:11:30 AM »

secure room is already in the planning stages for the "final house" as I call it - cinder block, wire reinforced, fire suppression with a steel door, filtered humidity controlled air in the center of the house...

yeah, I'm nuts

Let's just say that I'm still into my bike more than the gun.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 201

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 22 queries.