Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 585301 times)

Sean M Cary

Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #810 on: January 22, 2009, 09:13:19 AM »

Let's just say that I'm still into my bike more than the gun.
I obsess about both equally...and my woodworking also (and fly fishing, and hunting and computers and somewhere in there my kids and wife)

freaking work gets in the way of all my fun, but at least I get to ride to work...oh and I get to play with guns a lot at work also

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #811 on: January 22, 2009, 09:14:39 AM »

secure room is already in the planning stages for the "final house" as I call it - cinder block, wire reinforced, fire suppression with a steel door, filtered humidity controlled air in the center of the house...

yeah, I'm nuts

Hmmmm, me too....great mimes act alike....as I sip organic Honduran coffee...Fort Knox is the snizzle in vault equipment...A survivalist acquaintance in the Loxahatchee has a room, very nice...

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #812 on: January 22, 2009, 09:15:45 AM »

abastarsmda pick upp one of these if you find one... :P

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #813 on: January 22, 2009, 09:17:52 AM »

abastarsmda pick upp one of these if you find one... :P

That looks more like the thing from Honey, I Shrunk the Kids

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #814 on: January 22, 2009, 09:21:24 AM »

Just bought a 45 cal Colt 1911 style. Made in 1950's. Never fired, still in the original box with horse hair brush and paper manual. Also it was wrapped in like a waxy type paper I guess to keep corrosion at bay. My dilemma is , should I shoot this one or should I clean it up and just keep it as a antique. I still want to buy a daily shooter, same style. Any input would be appreciated.............................Fuzz :nixweiss:    
Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #815 on: January 22, 2009, 09:35:58 AM »

secure room is already in the planning stages for the "final house" as I call it - cinder block, wire reinforced, fire suppression with a steel door, filtered humidity controlled air in the center of the house...

yeah, I'm nuts

Sean .... you might want to look at some of the safe room manufacturers.  We're just finishing up building our new home (last one burned totally to the ground last year .... nasty deal, especially a couple of custom .45's that melted into 1/4 inch sheets of metal that I had built for work a while back) and looked at all the options.  There are several nationwide companies that deliver the finished product with very strong ratings that end up a cleaner and less costly installation.  I'm going to look at a couple of finished installs and can forward you the info if you like in a couple of weeks.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #816 on: January 22, 2009, 09:48:46 AM »

Just bought a 45 cal Colt 1911 style. Made in 1950's. Never fired, still in the original box with horse hair brush and paper manual. Also it was wrapped in like a waxy type paper I guess to keep corrosion at bay. My dilemma is , should I shoot this one or should I clean it up and just keep it as a antique. I still want to buy a daily shooter, same style. Any input would be appreciated.............................Fuzz :nixweiss:    

Fuzz .... that's a tough call.  If you're going to keep it, I wouldn't fire it as you may want to sell it to a collector at some point.  There's a strong market out there for old, original Colt 1911's and plenty of die hards that will pay whatever they can afford to own another one.  You may be able to make enough on it to buy a Kimber or similar custom build that is far superior for shooting.  I'm a 1911 fan and have carried one for 35 plus years, but must say that the older ones really just can't compete with the upper end new models. 

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #817 on: January 22, 2009, 10:16:33 AM »

I,m new at the pistol collecting as a hobby. But I do want a daily shooter for fun, not competition. I was at a gun shop and there was a parts gun (1911- 45) for around 500 or so is this something good to start with? I've seen S/W's and Taurus's for a little more and much newer. I'll take a closer look at the Kimbers now. The only thing I would have done with it would be a laser site and have the trigger pull tinkered with.
Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #818 on: January 22, 2009, 10:46:43 AM »

Kimbers are great but don't care for them as a carry piece. Never liked one in the pipe and the hammer cocked on my person. If i shot 1,000 or more rounds with it a year maybe but I don't. Just more things to go wrong in a panic situation. :bananarock:

Sean M Cary

« Reply #819 on: January 22, 2009, 01:57:52 PM »

Sean .... you might want to look at some of the safe room manufacturers.  We're just finishing up building our new home (last one burned totally to the ground last year .... nasty deal, especially a couple of custom .45's that melted into 1/4 inch sheets of metal that I had built for work a while back) and looked at all the options.  There are several nationwide companies that deliver the finished product with very strong ratings that end up a cleaner and less costly installation.  I'm going to look at a couple of finished installs and can forward you the info if you like in a couple of weeks.
gtg - always looking to gather information for "the compound" intended for my retirement - and the imminent apocolypse...   :rifle: :rifle:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #820 on: January 22, 2009, 02:03:50 PM »

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #821 on: January 22, 2009, 02:06:21 PM »

gtg - always looking to gather information for "the compound" intended for my retirement - and the imminent apocolypse...   :rifle: :rifle:

Will get it to you after I take a first hand look.  Got to agree on the "compound"... ours is nearly finished, got the high ground on the mountain top, 90 acres, 663 yards measured to the front gate and one way in and out ..... bet it's close to the compound you have in mind.....
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 02:14:07 PM by BLM777 »

Sean M Cary

« Reply #822 on: January 22, 2009, 02:53:34 PM »

Will get it to you after I take a first hand look.  Got to agree on the "compound"... ours is nearly finished, got the high ground on the mountain top, 90 acres, 663 yards measured to the front gate and one way in and out ..... bet it's close to the compound you have in mind.....

defensible perimeter - elevation, good fields of fire, source of water...all on the list

just love calling it "the compound"   :)

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #823 on: January 22, 2009, 05:39:08 PM »

defensible perimeter - elevation, good fields of fire, source of water...all on the list

just love calling it "the compound"   :)

Until recently, I thought it was a joke, presently very apropos!   :2vrolijk_21:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #824 on: January 22, 2009, 05:45:39 PM »

Whats the signal for entry or frendlies?

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 201

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 22 queries.