Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 585334 times)

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #840 on: January 26, 2009, 01:50:40 PM »

Got a note from Ruger after I sent them an inquiry about where my LCP was at....said 4-6 week delay due to replacement parts being delayed.  Their website still says one week turnaround after they receive it.  They've had mine for approx. three weeks now. 

I've had my LCP for over 6 weeks now.  -Still haven't heard back from Ruger.
I got my CTC laser on though, along with my De Santis Nemesis holster and Winchester Silver tip ammo. 
I guess it doesn't matter that it's taking so long, seems like a small thing compared to the screwing around with my 110 motor. 
Sweet little piece though.  Fits nicely in my riding vest or just a jeans pocket with that holster.  It's so light and compact that you barely notice you're carrying.  -Perfect for ANY bar situation  :drink:.  (Just kidding)
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #841 on: January 26, 2009, 01:53:06 PM »

I must have gotten luck with ruger on my lcp recall...I called, left email for a week then they called sent a the packaging and one week later I had it back with a new mag and extension plus???  It the week before christmas..??

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #842 on: January 26, 2009, 03:14:47 PM »

I've had my LCP for over 6 weeks now.  -Still haven't heard back from Ruger.
I got my CTC laser on though, along with my De Santis Nemesis holster and Winchester Silver tip ammo. 
I guess it doesn't matter that it's taking so long, seems like a small thing compared to the screwing around with my 110 motor. 
Sweet little piece though.  Fits nicely in my riding vest or just a jeans pocket with that holster.  It's so light and compact that you barely notice you're carrying.  -Perfect for ANY bar situation  :drink:.  (Just kidding)

Steve, does that holster stay in place well?  I haven't seen one in person to make a decision on buying one...seen 'em advertised everywhere...even on ebay. 
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #843 on: January 26, 2009, 05:38:28 PM »

Attention, has anyone seen this?

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

Scary stuff....... we cannot allow this to happen

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #844 on: January 26, 2009, 11:23:15 PM »

Attention, has anyone seen this?
http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm
Scary stuff....... we cannot allow this to happen

I got an email on it attributing it to the new admin.  It ran last year in Washington and died in committee.

I imagine it will continue being pushed.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #845 on: January 27, 2009, 08:17:57 AM »

I got an email on it attributing it to the new admin.  It ran last year in Washington and died in committee.

I imagine it will continue being pushed.

H.R. 1022 is a bigger and more realistic concern

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #846 on: January 27, 2009, 12:26:45 PM »

Steve, does that holster stay in place well?  I haven't seen one in person to make a decision on buying one...seen 'em advertised everywhere...even on ebay. 
It's a pocket holster.  Not an IWB or anything.  I absolutely love the thing.  I got mine on sale from Midway USA last month for about $15.  It has a somewhat "tacky" exterior that stays in place when you draw the holster.  And it has a tab that helps keep the gun from printing.  I highly recommend it.
Having said that, I am still looking for an IWB holster that will fit my needs.  I ordered one that was extremely well made from the Tennessee Holster Co.  I sent it back.  It was about 3 times thicker than the gun alone!  -Not what I'm looking for.
If you haven't checked it out yet, try www.elsiepea.com 
There's alot of good info there.  -Steve
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #847 on: January 27, 2009, 12:30:52 PM »

Fobus, love em or hate em...I like mine for the cdp carry.  Same desantis for my lcp, very good...

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #848 on: January 27, 2009, 01:37:27 PM »

Doorbell rang a few minutes ago...UPS dropped off my LCP.  Interestingly, email from a couple days ago said could be extra weeks before delivery.  Notes inside the package said they ran short of the finger grip extension for the clips and are working with another supplier, so they sent just the extra clip w/lcp and will send the extension later...did include a cool looking Ruger ball cap as a pacifier. 

Steve & Miker...you made my decision on getting the desantis for in-pocket...thanks.  Fobus look pretty good...again, have not seen one in person.  Internet searches turn up so many holster & clip choices, it's hard to decide. 
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #849 on: January 27, 2009, 02:00:51 PM »

Some day when I need more room in my safe I will pull the brazillion holsters I don't use out and sell them. 
I have another lcp that I like for pocket carry, prints like a wallet and is enclosed on the barrel end to keep woolly boogers out,  I'll post it when I see it, crss is a tough thing to live with... :D

gg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange & Black
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 (Traded for 09 CUSE4) CUSE4 Sold 2012
    • CVO3: FXSTDSEI/ FLHRSEI2 (SOLD 2005)
« Reply #850 on: January 27, 2009, 08:57:50 PM »

I've read several of the responses on this string and wondered if those of you who actually do carry a gun while riding ever think about or get concerned about being stopped by police and what you would do if they asked you if you were carrying and decided to search you or your ride? Would that not be a situation where you'd be in a world of trouble from which there is no way to talk yourself out of unless you have some sort of permit for concealed carry that is acceptable for wherever it is that you're stopped? Thanks

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #851 on: January 27, 2009, 09:12:13 PM »

I've read several of the responses on this string and wondered if those of you who actually do carry a gun while riding ever think about or get concerned about being stopped by police and what you would do if they asked you if you were carrying and decided to search you or your ride? Would that not be a situation where you'd be in a world of trouble from which there is no way to talk yourself out of unless you have some sort of permit for concealed carry that is acceptable for wherever it is that you're stopped? Thanks
I would think (hope) those that are carrying and speaking of it here are wise enough to have permits to carry when/where necessary. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #852 on: January 27, 2009, 09:25:01 PM »

I would think (hope) those that are carrying and speaking of it here are wise enough to have permits to carry when/where necessary. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
If they do not have a permit, they are separating bullets from gun?
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #853 on: January 27, 2009, 09:30:28 PM »

Some (many?) states have some form of a two step law - if you do not have a concealed permit, the weapon has to be two steps from being capable of being employed.

Florida used to - haven't worried about it since '93 when I got my first carry permit.  Good for 38 states now.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #854 on: January 27, 2009, 10:16:33 PM »

Nokia has finally designed a cell phone

for law-abiding citizens who need to

make an emergency call while in LA,

East Saint Louis, Milwaukee , Memphis , South Chicago, South Dallas, Houston , L..A., Miami , Detroit , New Orleans , Louisville , Atlanta , or Oakland

(r'cvd from Grover by email)
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 201

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 23 queries.