Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 589003 times)

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #855 on: January 27, 2009, 10:53:44 PM »

I would think (hope) those that are carrying and speaking of it here are wise enough to have permits to carry when/where necessary. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

True words d00d...

CCW classes in our state are $125 one day classroom format (and range) taught by state patrol certified instructors.  Our state permit gives reciprocity to 16 other states.  This class also meets the training requirements for a Florida non-resident conceal carry perimit which covers 26 other states...just have to apply/pay extra to get that one.  The CCW classes are not an easy slide through deal...you have to earn your permit.  Knowledge, skill, and safety are paramount.  For the price of getting a permit to conceal carry is miniscule compared to getting fined and probable confiscation.  Carrying without a permit simply isn't worth it.     www.neccwtraining.com

"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #856 on: January 27, 2009, 11:41:40 PM »

The laws are a real tangled mess from one state to another.  Right now, I've applied for my permit here in PA and until I receive it, the gun goes nowhere unless I'm in direct route back and forth the the shooting range.  I won't be taking the gun out of state until I'm completely familiar with each state that I am planning on passing through.  In PA, I'm pretty much surrounded by states with no reciprocity and not real gun friendly states.  From an initial look, my only good way out of the state may be through W Va.  I'm not sure what good it is to even have a weapon available when it's 2 steps away from being usable, but I sure wouldn't want to get caught where I wasn't abiding by the law. 

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #857 on: January 28, 2009, 12:47:19 AM »

Washington State does have reciprocity but it is with a hodge podge of States that are not linked so it is impossible to legally carry and ride out of State.

Can a non-resident get a permit from one of the States that are in the 33 State group with Florida?

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #858 on: January 28, 2009, 12:54:09 AM »

Washington State does have reciprocity but it is with a hodge podge of States that are not linked so it is impossible to legally carry and ride out of State.

Can a non-resident get a permit from one of the States that are in the 33 State group with Florida?

Here's the non-resident permit laws that I'm looking at:  http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/NonResidentPermits.pdf  and here is a handy site for researching gun laws:  http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Sean M Cary

« Reply #859 on: January 28, 2009, 07:36:34 AM »

you can get non-resident Florida carry permits, but I don't think its a full up round like my resident one...

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/index.html

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #860 on: January 28, 2009, 09:21:27 AM »

Utah is another state that offers nonresident permits and allows carry in several states.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #861 on: January 28, 2009, 09:44:00 AM »

i wish we could have a federal standard good in all 50 like a drivers license is
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #862 on: January 28, 2009, 09:46:10 AM »

That would make some sense, be careful.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #863 on: January 28, 2009, 09:56:43 AM »

i wish we could have a federal standard good in all 50 like a drivers license is

At one time there was activity to add your idea to HR 218 that covers retired local, state and federal law enforcement personnel with a nationwide cc license.  No political intention here, but it went down in flames after a certain party got control of the legislature.  Obviously it won't be resurrected anytime soon.

For the law enforcement guys that are not aware of HR 218, you may want to contact your previous agency and determine if they are set up with the compliance regulations such as bi-annual qualification and medical statement to forward your paperwork.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #864 on: January 28, 2009, 09:59:00 AM »

It should be applied to all law abiding citizens in good leagal standing to conceal carry freely in the land of the free...

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #865 on: January 28, 2009, 10:42:47 AM »

Wouldn't that be allowing the Feds too much control over States (rights)?   ::) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #866 on: January 28, 2009, 10:46:21 AM »

Wouldn't that be allowing the Feds too much control over States (rights)?   ::) spyder

Might be 2 ways to look at it Spyder.  It may be the only way to minimize the psychotic anti gun crazies in states such as NY and CA.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #867 on: January 28, 2009, 10:55:23 AM »

Might be 2 ways to look at it Spyder.  It may be the only way to minimize the psychotic anti gun crazies in states such as NY and CA.
;D :2vrolijk_21: .......just hate to crack open that door, who knows what'll get out.  :-X har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #868 on: January 28, 2009, 10:57:52 AM »

they way i look at it MA has some of the strictest gun laws already, so in this case having a federal standard would be better for me
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Sean M Cary

« Reply #869 on: January 28, 2009, 11:01:39 AM »

they way i look at it MA has some of the strictest gun laws already, so in this case having a federal standard would be better for me

Or it could ruin it for the rest of us that live in states with realistic gun laws!   :nervous:
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 201

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 22 queries.