Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 585347 times)

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #930 on: January 30, 2009, 11:30:11 PM »

Hi Plasmaman,
You may want to talk to these people for ideas. They really know their stuff when it comes to quality equipment. Iron Brigade Armory at :
http://www.deathfromafar.com/htm/08_iba_weaponsys_bcs_ar.html

REGGAB

« Reply #931 on: January 30, 2009, 11:40:52 PM »

Slightly off topic but I would appreciate some input about what scope to select for my newly acquired Bushmaster Predator 20" bbl AR15 223 rifle. If any of you have something similar with scope, what do you like? What to avoid?

Thanks, Plasmaman

Wish I could help, but I'm partial to iron sights.  Scopes are too finicky when trying to get on stand.  One good bump and the weapon is useless until it is boresighted and harmonized.

Even more slightly off topic, noticed you were a Huey driver.  Dustoff?  Guns?  Assault?

Really love that machine.  My employer produces the UH-60 (S-70), and I've long (25 years) subscribed to the theory that when the Army turns in the the last Blackhawk, the flight crew will be picked up by a UH-1.   :)

Sean M Cary

« Reply #932 on: January 31, 2009, 08:40:22 AM »

Slightly off topic but I would appreciate some input about what scope to select for my newly acquired Bushmaster Predator 20" bbl AR15 223 rifle. If any of you have something similar with scope, what do you like? What to avoid?

Thanks, Plasmaman

what do you want to do with it?  CCB?  or long range stuff?

CCB is flat out ACOG or the EO Tech (with a 4x magnifier).  ACOG is the balls, good to out to about 100yds.  Longer then that, I can find out from my MSgt at work, he's an AR guru.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #933 on: January 31, 2009, 08:41:48 AM »

Wish I could help, but I'm partial to iron sights.  Scopes are too finicky when trying to get on stand.  One good bump and the weapon is useless until it is boresighted and harmonized.

Even more slightly off topic, noticed you were a Huey driver.  Dustoff?  Guns?  Assault?

Really love that machine.  My employer produces the UH-60 (S-70), and I've long (25 years) subscribed to the theory that when the Army turns in the the last Blackhawk, the flight crew will be picked up by a UH-1.   :)

Once you do some CCB stuff with an ACOG or EOTech - it might change.  I still have a BUIS on my M4, but there is going to be an ACOG or EO Tech (Aim Point Comp4 is sweet also) on it soon.

Sean

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #934 on: January 31, 2009, 09:21:10 AM »

Thanks, Plasmaman

Sean's got you on the right track.  I'm partial to the AimPoint 4 and like it better than anything I've used.  Extremely fast target acquisition and operator friendly.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #935 on: January 31, 2009, 06:17:21 PM »

Found a new "gota have now", Kimber Ultra Carry Crimson II. Anyone know of a good reason for me to stop this impulse?

Plasmaman

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • Metal Art at The Wells Company
« Reply #936 on: January 31, 2009, 06:22:12 PM »

Ok guys, you are sending me a lot of info. I am not familiar with the items discussed. What sight does the military use today? Also in answer to the question, I flew Huey D model choppers for first 6 months in Nam and B model Huey gunship for last 6 months. You ain't shot anything untill you shoot 3.75 folding fin rockets. That is a kick in the butt. Guess they feel the same way about all of the new weapons the military has today.

Plasmaman

Plasmaman

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • Metal Art at The Wells Company
« Reply #937 on: January 31, 2009, 06:29:23 PM »

I have done a fair amount of internet searching and am finding that many of the sights, ammo, etc are just simply sold out and on back order. Our few local stores are sold out as well. I purchased the last 100 rounds of 223 in town yesterday.

Plasmaman

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #938 on: January 31, 2009, 06:43:20 PM »

Found a new "gota have now", Kimber Ultra Carry Crimson II. Anyone know of a good reason for me to stop this impulse?
He!! no.. that's one nice looking piece. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

REGGAB

« Reply #939 on: January 31, 2009, 06:46:30 PM »

None that I can think of, Mark.  Go for it, but allow me to tempt you even further.  I don't own a Sig Sauer........yet!  But when I do, and it will be this year, it will be this:  http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=61&productid=233 .  I have long admired their "Mastershop" series, but they're akin to our beloved CVO bikes, except they're custom made for the individual customer.  Requires much planning and saving.   :2vrolijk_21:

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #940 on: January 31, 2009, 06:54:35 PM »

None that I can think of, Mark.  Go for it, but allow me to tempt you even further.  I don't own a Sig Sauer........yet!  But when I do, and it will be this year, it will be this:  http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=61&productid=233 .  I have long admired their "Mastershop" series, but they're akin to our beloved CVO bikes, except they're custom made for the individual customer.  Requires much planning and saving.   :2vrolijk_21:

Damn Henry I was looking for you to talk me out this impulse buy, not tempting me to part with more $$$$$$. Stop it, I weak you know. ;D ;D ;D

REGGAB

« Reply #941 on: January 31, 2009, 06:58:17 PM »

Ok guys, you are sending me a lot of info. I am not familiar with the items discussed. What sight does the military use today? Also in answer to the question, I flew Huey D model choppers for first 6 months in Nam and B model Huey gunship for last 6 months. You ain't shot anything untill you shoot 3.75 folding fin rockets. That is a kick in the butt. Guess they feel the same way about all of the new weapons the military has today.

Plasmaman

FFARs are fun!  Great area weapon during gun runs.  I had no idea they were a whole inch larger in diameter back then than they are now.  M230 30mm chain chain with M149 ammunition handling system on the AH-64D Longbow Advanced Attack Helicopter is another awesome area weapon system............although given AAI Corporation's Advanced Boresight Equipment with Longbow adapters, I could turn that thing into a point target weapon in about 30 minutes.  Comes in real handy during deep attacks to conserve ammo when running Robertson Aviation's Combo Pak with an additional 620 pounds of fuel and 300 rounds of 30mm.  http://www.robertsonaviation.com/product/apache.asp

REGGAB

« Reply #942 on: January 31, 2009, 07:03:23 PM »

Damn Henry I was looking for you to talk me out this impulse buy, not tempting me to part with more $$$$$$. Stop it, I weak you know. ;D ;D ;D

hehehehe.  I'm here to help.  You know you need it, Mark.  You really do NEED it.  It is a "must have."  It's gonna eat at you day and night until you get it, so you may as well save yourself from that pain and heartache, hop on the Nanner or Elvis, head to the gun shop and make that baby your's.

Have you left yet?

Are you still at home, Mark?

Go get it!
 :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2:

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #943 on: January 31, 2009, 07:04:46 PM »

Can't hear you, I have my eyes closed. ;D ;D ;D

REGGAB

« Reply #944 on: January 31, 2009, 07:07:59 PM »

Can't hear you, I have my eyes closed. ;D ;D ;D

Hey Mark......
 :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2:

You know you want it!

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 201

Page created in 0.355 seconds with 25 queries.