Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 589328 times)

REGGAB

Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #945 on: January 31, 2009, 07:21:33 PM »

hehehehe.........

So, I'm sittin' here lookin' through this thread, and I had the Sig Sauer website called up looking at that Mastershop P220....again.  I hollered for Renea.  First words out her mouth were, "Does it have wheels or a trigger?"

That Girl knows me too well.

Damn, I love her!   :2vrolijk_21:

Plasmaman

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • Metal Art at The Wells Company
« Reply #946 on: January 31, 2009, 08:45:29 PM »

HML, you are correct about the size. I made a typo and sure enough got caught. I am attempting to scan in a pic of the old Huey gunship but my computer skills are somewhat lacking. If you see it in a few then it worked, if not then I am drinking scotch and don't care.

Plasmaman

Plasmaman

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • Metal Art at The Wells Company
« Reply #947 on: January 31, 2009, 08:50:38 PM »

43 years and 25 pounds ago. Back when I had hair. Soc Trang Viet Nam (down in the delta). Call sign Thunderbird 3

Sean M Cary

« Reply #948 on: January 31, 2009, 09:09:52 PM »

Ok guys, you are sending me a lot of info. I am not familiar with the items discussed. What sight does the military use today? Also in answer to the question, I flew Huey D model choppers for first 6 months in Nam and B model Huey gunship for last 6 months. You ain't shot anything untill you shoot 3.75 folding fin rockets. That is a kick in the butt. Guess they feel the same way about all of the new weapons the military has today.

Plasmaman

I have used the ACOG and the EOTech...but are simply awesome.  The ACOG gives you a bit more distance capability.  I was putting head sized groups with an A4, full body armor, after 10 zeroing rounds - had never fired the rifle before that.  We were doing combat shooting drills, walking, quick shots - prone to kneeling, kneeling to standing for my pre-deployment stuff last year, it is instinctive with the ACOG. 

The EO Tech is better for clearing ops/MOUT stuff, easier to shoot with both eyes open.  If I had to have one, it would be the ACOG.  I intend to put an ACOG on one AR (my A2), and an EO Tech on my M4.

I am contemplating my next AR - either going to be .300 Whisper, 6.8 SPC or the SOCOM or Beowulf 40/50 cal...  Struggling with it, each has benefits and detractors.  I am leaning towards the 6.8 SPC...actually is a great deer round.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 09:17:01 PM by Florida Marine »

Sean M Cary

« Reply #949 on: January 31, 2009, 09:14:28 PM »

I have done a fair amount of internet searching and am finding that many of the sights, ammo, etc are just simply sold out and on back order. Our few local stores are sold out as well. I purchased the last 100 rounds of 223 in town yesterday.

Plasmaman

most shops are 12-16 weeks out for shipping...  The current administration has done wonders for the gun industry.  My FFL dude is up over 60% from last year.

I have 2 AK M70AB2 receivers coming in from NODAKSPUD- building a pair of Yugo underfolders - my favorite AK.  Building AK's is becoming an obsession for me.  Spent last weekend bending my own flats into receivers for the Romanian G's.  I wish I had found out about this two years ago.  Kits I am pay 250 or better for were $70 two years ago... :wall: :wall: 

guitarsam

« Reply #950 on: January 31, 2009, 09:20:29 PM »

kel tec 380

gs

REGGAB

« Reply #951 on: January 31, 2009, 09:44:07 PM »

43 years and 25 pounds ago. Back when I had hair. Soc Trang Viet Nam (down in the delta). Call sign Thunderbird 3

Yep.......recognize that equipment.  Nice stuff.  Those 7 tube pods are great on a Kiowa Warrior.  We carry 19 tube pods on the AH-64.  Always hate setting rockets.  Never could do it with anything other than my fingers.  Dangerous as hell, but I had to make sure those things were gonna fire.  Nothing worse than a rocket that wasn't set properly, then doesn't fire when commanded to do so.   >:(

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #952 on: January 31, 2009, 09:48:13 PM »

I run these on my Benelli M4 and AR15, the AR is scoped with the accupoint at 100 meters tight moa with good ammo
and the M4 masterkey has the 6.5 amber dot acog for 25 feet of meatgrinding.

Pricey stuff but very tacticool and no batteries required!

http://www.trijicon.com/Trijicon.cfm?CFID=1948490&CFTOKEN=10915552

REGGAB

« Reply #953 on: February 01, 2009, 10:21:24 PM »

Here's the newest addition to my handgun collection, and the catalyst to purchase more ammunition.   :)

Shot this thing as soon as I picked it up on Friday, then again yesterday morning.  What a powerhouse.  My hand was buzzing for hours after just 50 rounds each day.  Definitely not the type of gun to shoot for the hell of it, but it is small, therefore, it is easy to conceal, and packs one hell of a huge punch.  Very pleased.  Was a toss-up between this one and a Glock 39 (.45 G.A.P.)  Ammo for that thing is very high, and it doesn't have the range of .45 Auto, so I went with the 36.

Next..........Sig Sauer P220 Mastershop pistol.

Motorcycles and pistols.  It's a friggin' virus!  And I got it BAD!   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2:

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #954 on: February 02, 2009, 11:10:13 PM »

Mark,

The Ultra's are great pistols.  I have a Covert.  It shoots great.  Prepare for some forearm abuse if you shoot it alot.  But that will be the same for any of the compact 45's.  If you put 200 rounds a week through one, you'll see what I mean.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

REGGAB

« Reply #955 on: February 02, 2009, 11:18:45 PM »

Mark,

The Ultra's are great pistols.  I have a Covert.  It shoots great.  Prepare for some forearm abuse if you shoot it alot.  But that will be the same for any of the compact 45's.  If you put 200 rounds a week through one, you'll see what I mean.
::)  :2vrolijk_21:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #956 on: February 03, 2009, 08:18:05 AM »

Mark,

'Lightweight' carry-pistols are great for 'carrying'.   :) har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #957 on: February 03, 2009, 10:41:19 AM »

Here's 2 new pistols that I picked up recently. Both HK's are very solid shooters, cleaning and maintenance is a breeze. Even though it is the larger of the two, as a daily carry pistol I prefer the HK45 and I just wear a Pendleton board shirt to assist with concealability. I expect that during the warmer months I won't be carrying the HK45 due to it's size. It is nice to have a few pistols to choose from for daily carry. Better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #958 on: February 03, 2009, 11:04:34 AM »

Ooooooo....Nifty...

REGGAB

« Reply #959 on: February 03, 2009, 10:17:18 PM »

Here's 2 new pistols that I picked up recently. Both HK's are very solid shooters, cleaning and maintenance is a breeze. Even though it is the larger of the two, as a daily carry pistol I prefer the HK45 and I just wear a Pendleton board shirt to assist with concealability. I expect that during the warmer months I won't be carrying the HK45 due to it's size. It is nice to have a few pistols to choose from for daily carry. Better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.

VERY NICE!  I have an H&K USP chambered in 40 S&W.  Love it.  It is a bit large for CC, but it is alot of fun during competitive shooting.  The second worst thing that could happen to a person is killing someone, but the absolute worst thing that could ever happen to a person is having to kill someone and not having the means to do so.   ;)
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 201

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 22 queries.