Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 588145 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #1020 on: February 14, 2009, 05:23:24 PM »

:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Bikin' Bob

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #1021 on: February 14, 2009, 05:42:22 PM »

Geez, Duane, I think my whole Baretta 92, 9mm would fit in one of your cartridge holes.

Bikin' Bob
Why squabble? Just ride!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #1022 on: February 14, 2009, 06:24:26 PM »

Hey porthole, whatcha using for a 'backstop'?  har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #1023 on: February 15, 2009, 01:35:08 AM »

Ain't mine - that thing would knock me on my ass

http://www.vincelewis.net/60magnum.html
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Fed68

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #1024 on: February 15, 2009, 01:21:31 PM »

CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
CVO2: 2002 FLHR

Re: Do you carry? Wolf ammo sucks
« Reply #1013 on: February 13, 2009, 07:19:06 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Plasmaman on February 13, 2009, 07:14:24 PM
Wolf Ammo almost got me hurt. Finally got the new AR-15 together with EO-Tech 552 sight and went to sight it in. Bore sighted the rifle then fired 3 rounds. Bore sight was close. Fired 3 more. Had 2 of the 6 jam but cleared ok. Loaded 3 more and fired 2. The third did not fire. Pulled bolt back, clip, chamber were empty. I saw a glint of something shinny in the chamber so decided to pull the pin and break open the rifle. Removed bolt and saw a bullet stuck in the barrel. Had I loaded 4 instead of three I might be in the "Rider Down" group. I believe the head space was incorrect on the round and the firing pin never popped the primer. The bullet stuck in the entrance of the bore and the bolt pulled the case off of the bullet. It was the unburned powder that caught my eye. NO MORE WOLF 223 AMMO IN MY RIFLE. If you use it, be careful. I then fired some of the Korean ammo with good results. Hard to find USA 223 ammo locally.

Plasmaman

And here I am lookin' for a Bulgarian SLR in 7.62X39mm.  Was gonna use Wolf........don't know of any other ammo.  Is there?

I don't use other ammo through my AR except American made.  From what I've been told the other manufactures from other countries (ie Russian Wolf ammo) does not have the same standards that American manufactures are made to go by.  I'm especially afraid that even though it may say noncorrosive powder on the box, that may actually be corrosive powder.  I don't want to run that through the AR because of the gas tube.  I may just be paranoid but I'll spend the extra cash for American ammo.  I spend too much money on my guns to worry about that stuff.

REGGAB

« Reply #1025 on: February 15, 2009, 06:25:02 PM »

CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
CVO2: 2002 FLHR

Re: Do you carry? Wolf ammo sucks
« Reply #1013 on: February 13, 2009, 07:19:06 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Plasmaman on February 13, 2009, 07:14:24 PM
Wolf Ammo almost got me hurt. Finally got the new AR-15 together with EO-Tech 552 sight and went to sight it in. Bore sighted the rifle then fired 3 rounds. Bore sight was close. Fired 3 more. Had 2 of the 6 jam but cleared ok. Loaded 3 more and fired 2. The third did not fire. Pulled bolt back, clip, chamber were empty. I saw a glint of something shinny in the chamber so decided to pull the pin and break open the rifle. Removed bolt and saw a bullet stuck in the barrel. Had I loaded 4 instead of three I might be in the "Rider Down" group. I believe the head space was incorrect on the round and the firing pin never popped the primer. The bullet stuck in the entrance of the bore and the bolt pulled the case off of the bullet. It was the unburned powder that caught my eye. NO MORE WOLF 223 AMMO IN MY RIFLE. If you use it, be careful. I then fired some of the Korean ammo with good results. Hard to find USA 223 ammo locally.

Plasmaman

And here I am lookin' for a Bulgarian SLR in 7.62X39mm.  Was gonna use Wolf........don't know of any other ammo.  Is there?

I don't use other ammo through my AR except American made.  From what I've been told the other manufactures from other countries (ie Russian Wolf ammo) does not have the same standards that American manufactures are made to go by.  I'm especially afraid that even though it may say noncorrosive powder on the box, that may actually be corrosive powder.  I don't want to run that through the AR because of the gas tube.  I may just be paranoid but I'll spend the extra cash for American ammo.  I spend too much money on my guns to worry about that stuff.

Concur........wise words........especially with the price of a good Bulgarian SLR.  I'm peculiar about all my stuff anyway.  I do know plenty of folks though, who use the stuff, and never think twice about it.  Dud rounds.........pull the slide, eject, and drive on.  Not sure I'd appreciate that kind of unreliability during the defense of my home and family.   :2vrolijk_21:

REGGAB

« Reply #1026 on: February 15, 2009, 06:34:01 PM »

WASR-10's were the rejects from the military runs, so they are cheaper out of spec guns from the ROMAK factory...  Many of them were sportorized to meet the 94 ban req - no bayonet lug, non flash suppressor capable ect.  The one I am building has no threads for a flash suppressor, but you can buy a tap to thread them.

I am using it as a test gun for my builds, I have a few other kits, Romanian G's and a few Yugo U/F's.  Building the AR's got me started on this, it is a wicked slippery slope.  The Rom G's were de-milled, many new (I have three of them - appear to be unfired).

$400 is a great price all that said, if you can get an AK for that, would do so...

Also - if you want a GOOD AK - look for a PreBan Norinko, or a Yugo - M70AB2 being my personal favorite of all AK's.  Check Gun Broker.

After all this looking............and with my extreme addiction to quality handguns, it is evident to me that I could easily get hooked on AK/AK variants.  The CAI WASR-10s I've seen.........just look like they need a little "help."  Stocks could use some sanding, staining, refinishing..........probably needs to be tweaked internally to ensure reliability and accuracy.............but for $400, they're awful tempting when compared to the $1250 asking price for a Bulgarian SLR with composite stocks.  Each time I get in a jam like this I start trying to apply math........and scientifically make the decision.  It's not working this time.  I want 'em both............but Checkbook 06 says one or the other.......preferably the less expensive one...........which isn't all bad, since it will give me something else to work on.

Getting to the point where I need a gun safe.............and a safer place to store all this ammo.  If my house catches fire.........it would be "interesting."   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2:

Sean M Cary

« Reply #1027 on: February 15, 2009, 07:02:52 PM »

Getting to the point where I need a gun safe.............and a safer place to store all this ammo.  If my house catches fire.........it would be "interesting."   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2:

I need ANOTHER safe...  They are a huge pain in the a$$ to move, so I am waiting until we get up to VA, but I am going to need another safe for all the post election revelry that I have been having.

I am working on the assumption its easier to have two small/med safes then one mondo mofo that I cannot move.

Safe room when I get to the Final House and the compound...but that is a ways off.

Since I have all these kits, I am already sweating what to do with them as I build them.  Worry about that later.

Decided what to do with my new stripped lower - AR-15 Pistol.  That has to make Rom Emmanual just shiver  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Sean

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #1028 on: February 19, 2009, 07:46:36 PM »

Ain't mine - that thing would knock me on my ass

http://www.vincelewis.net/60magnum.html

Used to have a Lone Eagle in 308, 14" brl and break with rotary (canon style) action and 6X shotgun scope.  Kicked harder than a mule.  Never killed anything with just target,  shot 6" group at 100 yrds (I could only shoot it 2-3 times a day).  replaced it with a custom 6mm PPC, what a sweet rifle.
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #1029 on: February 21, 2009, 03:08:36 PM »

my new weapon. :orange:

i can see now i need a part time job.

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #1030 on: February 21, 2009, 05:09:54 PM »

Good choice with the smitty TN, they are fun....I have some nice teflon clips I really don't need 12; I can send 2 or 3 30 rounders in exchange for a sand gnat hat..PM me mailing addy.. :drink:

Sean M Cary

« Reply #1031 on: February 21, 2009, 07:00:57 PM »

my new weapon. :orange:

i can see now i need a part time job.

TN

sweet, like that gas block front - good choice on the optics over iron - nice to have back-up iron just in case...

Its a dark, slippery slope!

Sean M Cary

« Reply #1032 on: February 21, 2009, 07:02:21 PM »

Good choice with the smitty TN, they are fun....I have some nice teflon clips I really don't need 12; I can send 2 or 3 30 rounders in exchange for a sand gnat hat..PM me mailing addy.. :drink:
you been drinking?

Every time I go to the PX I score 2-3 more 30 rounders...if 94 reemerges they will be GOLD.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #1033 on: February 21, 2009, 10:58:15 PM »

Yesh I have been...A gift for TN and an excuse to get some other styles..for me 6-8 of these slick ones otter do it, I can reload em quick with the hand loader framis.

It was a big day today, put led light strips in the safe...and they light up...just on a button switch for now, I don't know if I want a door switch to turn them automatically like.

I like my benelli mostly and have yet tired of buying the schmorgasboard of ammo available for 12 ga...combo slug/00 and other widgets for it...One of those cool touch pad led blind light thingies....and a folding(ahem)stock(ahem).... :drink:

springervett

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 CVO Springer 105th Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic 110th Anniversary
« Reply #1034 on: February 21, 2009, 11:11:15 PM »

Yesh I have been...A gift for TN and an excuse to get some other styles..for me 6-8 of these slick ones otter do it, I can reload em quick with the hand loader framis.

It was a big day today, put led light strips in the safe...and they light up...just on a button switch for now, I don't know if I want a door switch to turn them automatically like.

I like my benelli mostly and have yet tired of buying the schmorgasboard of ammo available for 12 ga...combo slug/00 and other widgets for it...One of those cool touch pad led blind light thingies....and a folding(ahem)stock(ahem).... :drink:

Anyone else having a hard time trying to find small rifle primers?
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 201

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 23 queries.