Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 588876 times)

fresh oil and pipes

• Enjoying Life More Than Ever!!!!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • RedNecks, White Socks & Blue Ribbon Beer

• CVO1: One of the Fast Green Ones
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #1170 on: May 04, 2010, 05:03:59 PM »

You're receiving this email because you support the Petition for Open Carry in Oklahoma at http://www.petitiononline.com/oc4ok/petition.html Below is a message I received from OpenCarry.Org , a National organization advocating 2nd Amendment and Open Carry rights.
Please share with everyone you know who shares our interest in restoring our 2nd Amendment rights!

Subject: California anti-gun group trying to block legalization of open carry in Oklahoma!
Open carriers:

Soon after the Oklahoma Senate voted 33-15 to legalize open carry in Oklahoma, the California-based anti-gun rights lobby group "Legal Community Against Violence" decided to stick their nose into matter, opposing the bill. Their lobbyist-attorney Lindsay Nicholls exclaimed that if open carry reform passes, that "[t]]here's no way for officers to know that people are just exercising their rights [or can] quickly determine whether the gun is owned legally." See Tulsa World news coverage at http://www.facebook.com/l/42739;opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum66/43223.html

Here at http://www.facebook.com/l/42739;OpenCarry.org we have no way of knowing if Ms. Lindsay Nicholls, Esquire, has ever been to Oklahoma or knows where it is - but we can tell you that Nicholls shot her mouth off without even bother to read HB 3354 which provides in plain sight that open carry of properly holstered handguns will be limited to those ALREADY holding the permit to conceal!

Meanwhile, common sense law enforcement professionals like Tulsa Police Chief Chuck Jordan appropriately said that his department does take stances on pending legislation "but has had no trouble with the concealed-carry law. We'll just have to wait and see, but I've been impressed with concealed carry," Jordan said.

TAKE ACTION:

If you are an Oklahoma resident, student, or business owner with an Oklahoma address, FIRST, sign the online petition for Oklahoma if you have not already done so at http://www.facebook.com/l/42739;www.petitiononline.com/oc4ok/petition.html

SECOND, go to http://www.facebook.com/l/42739;www.okhouse.gov/Members/MemberListing.aspx to find and contact your state representative now - send him a short message encouraging him to vote FOR HB 3354 and legalize open carry.

Suggested Email:
------

SUBJECT: Please support HB 3354 to legalize open carry for permit holders!

Dear Representative:

I just read that the California-based anti-gun rights lobby group "Legal Community Against Violence" decided to stick their nose into Oklahoma to oppose legalization of the open carry handguns by people who ALREADY hold an Oklahoma Conceal Carry Permit. As a supporter of Second Amendment rights in Oklahoma, I find this meddling outrageous.

Most states allow open carry without any permit at all. I support open carry for Oklahomans, and urge you to support HB 3354 which merely legalizes open carry for Oklahoma Conceal Carry Permit holders.

Please let me know how you intend to vote.

Sincerely,

YOUR NAME
YOUR ADDRESS
-------

If Oklahoma legalizes open carry, can Texas and Arkansas be for behind?

Carry on!

John Pierce
Co-founder, http://www.facebook.com/l/42739;OpenCarry.org

Download   
  Attachments  Size  Action(s) 

"Let's Roll" Life is Short, Choose your Battles Wisely "Let's Roll"

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #1171 on: May 04, 2010, 07:34:05 PM »

What's not to like....it's hammerless, unless the grip is too large for her hands or something like that.  What's the weight?  :nixweiss: spyder

13.5 oz's...We'll see how she likes it....

dustingaunder

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE in Spiced Rum
« Reply #1172 on: May 04, 2010, 08:08:08 PM »

Cobb, that bill passed the house with the Senate's amendments.  It is on its way to the Governor and hopefully we'll be able to open carry in November!!!
2010 FLHXSE w/
Fullsac X-Pipe 'B'
2.0 Baffles
TTS Tune
Clearview 8" Smoke Recurve
Nice and Simple!

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #1173 on: May 21, 2010, 12:30:46 AM »

Finally got around to hitting a couple gun shops here... both places pointed me towards the Springfield Armory XD... one guy said he carried the .40, the one at the other place carried the .45.

Seems to me the grip is just a bit longer on the .45; most of the time my pinky hangs off the bottom of a subcompact, but it mostly fit on the .45.

I really like the feel of the XDm .40... but it is a little bigger, so do I sacrafice comfort for making it a bit less concealable...? No local places that let you rent/shoot before you buy... need to look around up in Denver.

decisions decisions... lol

63SSRagtop

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #1174 on: May 21, 2010, 05:11:14 AM »

Never leave home without one of them, which one i carry depends on how heavy i'm insulated...
forget the S&W, i don't have enough insulation to hide that one.. Usually carry the .40 Browning hi-power (2nd one from the bottom),
its got a very slim design and conceals well...
Want a snub nosed 5 shot .38, figure if you need more than 5 rounds you should just split to begin with!  
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 05:13:15 AM by 63SSRagtop »

Gank

• Senior CVO Member
  • Im from HQ, Im here to help :D

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #1175 on: May 21, 2010, 05:59:50 AM »

I carry Canadian flags on my stuff....

Crooks know I am nice....

Crooks don't want that strange coloured money....

It seems to work fine.... though I wish I could carry my Para Ordnance Stainless Steel 45
To Libs and NDP
"If we are not willing to commit our military when asked by the United Nations, for a NATO mission, in a country whose elected government wants us and whose citizens need us, then when would Canada be prepared to do so?"

fresh oil and pipes

• Enjoying Life More Than Ever!!!!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • RedNecks, White Socks & Blue Ribbon Beer

• CVO1: One of the Fast Green Ones
« Reply #1176 on: May 21, 2010, 07:30:13 AM »

Govenor vetoed the open carry bill. State houses trying to overide veto. Very interesting topic lots of positions and reasons I can aruge both sides pretty well but would prefer to have the option to strap on on.
"Let's Roll" Life is Short, Choose your Battles Wisely "Let's Roll"

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #1177 on: May 21, 2010, 07:56:05 AM »

That Black Talon ammo in your pic must be very old......haven't seen it for sale for years now.  Great ammo, wish they had not 'caved in' and taken it off the mkt.  :( spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #1178 on: May 21, 2010, 02:15:02 PM »

I really like the feel of the XDm .40... but it is a little bigger, so do I sacrafice comfort for making it a bit less concealable...?

decisions decisions... lol

Hi Crusty,
I feel like a person should carry what is comfortable for them but most of all ,what they can consistently and accurately control. Concealability can be done with most handguns if the wardrobe is modified. It does require some modification for most people. things like looser pants,shirts, shirt tails out or a cover shirt/jacket etc.
I know this is a long thread that has been around several years but take a look at my post on page 5 (#69) for the measurements on the Glock 36 in .45  which I still feel is a fantastic concealed carry weapon.
I have carried for about 32 years and have carried just about everything in revolvers (.44 to .38) to semiautos (9mm to .45) and I think the Glock 36 is hard to beat for easy concealment, accurate, stopping power, fits many size hands (my daughter shoots it and I have very large hands -size 16 ring) and has a very durable finish that resist dust ,dirt, sweat, and holster wear. I also prefer a matte black finish for a concealment weapon since it's less visible.

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #1179 on: May 21, 2010, 02:41:14 PM »

That Black Talon ammo in your pic must be very old......haven't seen it for sale for years now.  Great ammo, wish they had not 'caved in' and taken it off the mkt.  :( spyder

The last time I bought a box it was $16.00 (quite awhile ago) a couple of weeks ago I saw a box for sale at a gun show in Reno, NV  $69.00 !!
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #1180 on: May 21, 2010, 07:15:34 PM »

Now if you have decided to carry a firearm , you should try to stick with one weapon style and one method of carry. This will help build muscle memory and under stress you will reach instintively to the same spot and activate the weapon in the same manner without thinking about how the weapon functions today vs. what you may have carried yesterday etc. It would be a shame if a shooting situation arose and all you grabbed was a love handle or armpit hair instead of your gun.Then get in lots of pratice wearing what you would in everyday carry. Jackets/chaps, boots etc. Also try different positions as if you were seated on the bike or in a car/truck. How easy is the weapon to draw?
Look at the average shooting situation and you will realize that they are fast,short distance and usually one or two on one. There are always strange senarios where one guy is against a gang at 100 yards but that is rare. You also are not very likely to fire more than a few rounds so make it count with accuracy but hit with the largest caliber you can accurately hit your intended target. Remember that person will not just drop like in the movies with one shot but the bigger the caliber the more likely it will happen with less rounds. You will be held legally responible for each and every shot you fire so overpenetration or a stray round hitting a bystander is a concern of course.
When carrying a weapon you need to be concerned with maintenace more frequently due to weather and things like sweat. The finnish should be very durable and not shiny so it will be less visible to others when you want it concealed.
I personally like the Glock model 36 as a potent package that is concealable and durable and accurate.
Caliber
.45 AUTO
System
Safe Action

LENGTH
6.77in/172mm
HEIGHT
4.76in/121mm

WIDTH
1.13in/28.5mm
Barrel Height
1.26in/32mm

Line of Sight
6.18in/157mm

Barrel LENGTH
3.78in/96mm

WEIGHT
20.11oz/570g
LOADED (~)
26.99oz/765g

Mag. Capacity
Magazine Mass
Empty: 2.40oz./68g
Full: ~6.88oz/~195g

Trigger Pull
5.5lbs/2.5kg
Trigger Travel
0.5in/12.5mm
   Expressly "thinned" for maximum concealability, its frame designed for an easy reach to the trigger for even the shortest adult fingers, this 7-shot .45 Auto is built with "maximum concealment with maximum power" in mind.

Barrel Rifling
right hand, Octagonal
Length of Twist
9.84in/250mm

Internal Locking System
Available
Number of Safeties

Definitely good info, worth repeating! I agree consistancy and practice are key. I'm a pretty good shooter, qualifying expert most of the times I fire, from the days of the .38 wheel gun, to the Barretta M9. I also have a Glock 19, but don't carry it (mostly because right now it is locked in my sister's safe in Texas and she doesn't remember the combo... lol). I am trying to find somewhere close that lets you rent/shoot before you buy, so I can see how accurate I can fire the subcompact XD .45... and I'll give the Glock a try. Last time I tried the subcompact Glock, the grip was too small, but I htink that was in 9mm or .40... will check out the .45.

Thanks for the great info!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #1181 on: May 21, 2010, 07:57:32 PM »

Definitely good info, worth repeating! I agree consistancy and practice are key. I'm a pretty good shooter, qualifying expert most of the times I fire, from the days of the .38 wheel gun, to the Barretta M9. I also have a Glock 19, but don't carry it (mostly because right now it is locked in my sister's safe in Texas and she doesn't remember the combo... lol). I am trying to find somewhere close that lets you rent/shoot before you buy, so I can see how accurate I can fire the subcompact XD .45... and I'll give the Glock a try. Last time I tried the subcompact Glock, the grip was too small, but I htink that was in 9mm or .40... will check out the .45.

Thanks for the great info!
I had a similar problem w/compact Glock's when I first held one of those... just didn't feel I had control (could hold) of them when shooting. I then found out you could use the full size magazines with an extended grip on them to give you more to hold on to.... however this was after I bought a fullsize Glock. As VaEagle mentioned earlier it's not that difficult to conceal full size handguns if you modify your wadrobe. I have a Glock 22 as a duty weapon and a S&W for off duty and find myself carrying the Glock most of the time. I had thought about the getting a Glock 21 (.45 cal) but after looking at the price of ammo and the ability to get (some) free .40 cal ammo I decided on getting the Glock 22. ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #1182 on: May 21, 2010, 08:30:24 PM »

I had a similar problem w/compact Glock's when I first held one of those... just didn't feel I had control (could hold) of them when shooting. I then found out you could use the full size magazines with an extended grip on them to give you more to hold on to.... however this was after I bought a fullsize Glock. As VaEagle mentioned earlier it's not that difficult to conceal full size handguns if you modify your wadrobe. I have a Glock 22 as a duty weapon and a S&W for off duty and find myself carrying the Glock most of the time. I had thought about the getting a Glock 21 (.45 cal) but after looking at the price of ammo and the ability to get (some) free .40 cal ammo I decided on getting the Glock 22. ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Free is good  :)

I know you CAN get stuff to cover larger frames... but ithere is certainly something to be said for something you could slip in the pocket of a pair of shorts, or under a light shirt. Guess I could always just get two!!   :2vrolijk_21:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #1183 on: May 21, 2010, 08:43:37 PM »

Rule #1.  ALWAYS use the weapon with FREE/AVAILABLE ammo.   har.  spyder
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 08:45:39 PM by spydglide »
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #1184 on: May 21, 2010, 08:44:54 PM »

Free is good  :)

I know you CAN get stuff to cover larger frames... but ithere is certainly something to be said for something you could slip in the pocket of a pair of shorts, or under a light shirt. Guess I could always just get two!!   :2vrolijk_21:
Guns are like mods on a motorcycle... it never ends. ;D ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 201

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 22 queries.