Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Author Topic: New CVO Newbie  (Read 9283 times)

LBI-DTW

New CVO Newbie
« on: February 25, 2005, 09:37:30 PM »

I would like to thank each and every one of you for all the info that has been posted to your site. Over the course of the past few months(4 months) I've been one of the guest persons on the site. Just hanging out from time to time.
Just great info about your bikes and what changes you have done or plan to do.
My ride is a seeg2. The candy red.  Now only if the white stuff would stop falling I would get a change to do a little riding.
Been around bike for a few years back to 1965.. both road, dirt, Harleys and others.
Thanks again,
LBI-DTW

LBI-DTW

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: New CVO Newbie
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 09:53:12 PM »

LBI....Welcome, glad to see you signed up. And you got the best color too. [smiley=7.gif]

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 09:44:42 AM »

Another welcome...from not so sunny California...this is a great place for info..have you done any mods yet? how many miles on that beautiful red bike?

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 10:32:43 AM »

Welcome LBI-DTW and I also thank God for making the SEEG, and like hd-dude and tonys, I also think you chose the beter color, but all the colours of the SEEG are gorgeous. It is a great bike. Enjoy the fun wisdom and banter on this site. If you have a question, there are so many here to help. But for themost part, the questions have been asked before, It took me seven weeks to read all I could understand, and then if you go away for a few days, it takes weeks to catch back up.  It is a good place to be, until the sun comes out for real rides.  Talk to ya soon.   [smiley=laugh.gif]

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 10:42:07 AM »

Warm welcome brother! [smiley=beerchug.gif]

You were a guest for 4 mo. Thats a month less than I been waiting on my scoot to come in. So glad you decided to take the plunge. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Let us know if you done anything to your scoot yet. Blessings to you and your new ride!
                                             JR [smiley=laugh.gif]

cei600

• Junior CVO Member
  • Nothing Else Comes Close
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005, 09:37:58 PM »

Welcome fellow Newbie, make yourself at home.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 09:39:30 PM by cei600 »

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2005, 06:49:08 AM »

Hello LBI and welcome to the site. I lurked for awhile before I got my Cherry as well and learned a lot. I found this a great forum where even Wolverines and Buckeyes can benefit from the experiences of others. Enjoy your machine, if it ever warms up, and ride safe.  [smiley=laugh.gif]

Nite-Al

• Junior CVO Member
  • "HOW SWEET IT IS"
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2005, 08:03:14 PM »

Hello LBI and a great big welcome, hope you enjoy the site as much as I
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 08:04:12 PM by Nite-Al »

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member
  • make it two yellows for me

• CVO1: 2004 FXSTDSE2 (sold)
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2005, 01:25:14 AM »

LBI,

Welcome to the site & sounds like you have a lot of experience to share with us young-uns.

Yellowsed

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2005, 02:28:24 AM »

Another welcome...from not so sunny California...this is a great place for info..have you done any mods yet? how many miles on that beautiful red bike?

LBI welcome to the board and congrats on the new ride.  I think Tony's rubbing it in cause it was 72 degrees here today, forcasted for 73 tomorrow and 76 on Tues!  Finally sent the storms back up to the Northwest, where they belong. [smiley=laugh.gif]

Anyway, welcome to the site and enjoy.  As for the rest of you lurking........if you have a CVO or are waiting for one that you've ordered please register and tell us about yourself and your ride, so that we can get to know you.  This site is the most increadible motorcycle web site on the internet and once you start participating, I think you'll agree.  (But if not, we sure want to know that, too).

J.C.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2005, 11:13:55 AM »

LBI welcome!

JCZ is right about the incrediable site. You can learn a lot here!

LBI-DTW

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2005, 10:25:13 PM »

Sorry on not answering your questions and comments. I was out of town for a few days. I was asked to attend a training class.
In any case THANK YOU FOR THE WARM WELCOME
Heading down to Daytona in the AM.  
I could not stand it any longer, I had to ride the seeg.
After a few of you giving out the berries on how nice the weather is out your way(Ca.) Thanks Tony and JCZ... You helped in the decision process on going or not.
I'm not a trailer fan, but let's face it... 28F-35F to me is not good riding weather.
The 10 day forecast is not much better on the return trip.
So trailering it will be...
Thanks again...
LBI

LBI-DTW

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2005, 09:24:52 PM »

LBI, Welcome aboard to another SEEG rider.  It'll surely put a grin on your face, won't it?  Hope you enjoyed your Daytona trip, even having to trailer.  I just returned from Daytona and rode in one of the worse side-ways rain/wind storms on I-95 that you can imagine.  But, survived it and now ready to plan the next ride.  Enjoy the banter of this site, lot's of good tech stuff tossed around.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Spyke

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2005, 01:46:55 PM »

LBI, Welcome to the greatest site available for our beautiful machines.  Very funny and interesting stuff to be found here, Ya also got the best and fastest color.
05 FLHTCSE

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2005, 10:25:28 PM »

I would like to thank each and every one of you for all the info that has been posted to your site. Over the course of the past few months(4 months) I've been one of the guest persons on the site. Just hanging out from time to time.
My ride is a seeg2. The candy red.

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
New CVO Newbie
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2005, 12:16:32 PM »

Hi all, a friend from another forum sent me here. I new to your forum but not necessarily new to the CVO bikes. Back in 1999 I had one of the very first CVO bikes, the Arresting Red FXR2 to be exact. I turly loved that bike but was ready to move to something larger for touring. So in 2003 I purchased a Vivid Black and Sterling Silver Road King Classic which I had to lower quite a bit to be able to ride since I'm only 5'4 1/2" with 29" inseam. Still after three years of giving it a good try I was having a few problems in certain sitiations. Finally decided to downsize and went back with another CVO. I just brought home a 2005 Candy Red SE Fat Boy. Boy oh Boy is this a nice ride and fits me like a glove. Haven't had the chance yet to get out and do much riding, been raining too much here. However the weekend looks very good and we're going out both days to get some good breakin miles on our bikes. Oh, I forgot to mention, while we were at our dealers looking for me a new bike, they showed my husband one they were getting ready to put on the show room floor. He ended up getting a new bike too!! He brought home a 2005 Candy Cherry and Dark Candy Cherry Red SE E-Glide. Traded in his 2003 SE Road King, didn't realize just how much he had missed his ferrin and radio. So we're both in biker bliss right now enjoying these new rides. Hope to visit here often and see what all's going on. I have already showed him your site too, we have been 2 of your quest visitors these past few days. Looking forward to chatting with you all. Sandy [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]
Sandy :)

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member
  • make it two yellows for me

• CVO1: 2004 FXSTDSE2 (sold)
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2005, 01:29:42 PM »

Hi all, a friend from another forum sent me here. I new to your forum but not necessarily new to the CVO bikes. Back in 1999 I had one of the very first CVO bikes, the Arresting Red FXR2 to be exact. I turly loved that bike but was ready to move to something larger for touring. So in 2003 I purchased a Vivid Black and Sterling Silver Road King Classic which I had to lower quite a bit to be able to ride since I'm only 5'4 1/2" with 29" inseam. Still after three years of giving it a good try I was having a few problems in certain sitiations. Finally decided to downsize and went back with another CVO. I just brought home a 2005 Candy Red SE Fat Boy. Boy oh Boy is this a nice ride and fits me like a glove. Haven't had the chance yet to get out and do much riding, been raining too much here. However the weekend looks very good and we're going out both days to get some good breakin miles on our bikes. Oh, I forgot to mention, while we were at our dealers looking for me a new bike, they showed my husband one they were getting ready to put on the show room floor. He ended up getting a new bike too!! He brought home a 2005 Candy Cherry and Dark Candy Cherry Red SE E-Glide. Traded in his 2003 SE Road King, didn't realize just how much he had missed his ferrin and radio. So we're both in biker bliss right now enjoying these new rides. Hope to visit here often and see what all's going on. I have already showed him your site too, we have been 2 of your quest visitors these past few days. Looking forward to chatting with you all. Sandy [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

Red_Hot_SE_Fat_Boy & Hubby,

Congrats on the new purchases! What a pair & nice choices, too!  Enjoy your new toys and I look forward to the never ending "Adjustments" we make to our scoots.

YellowSED

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2005, 02:43:45 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, LBI,
 Welcome to the site!! [smiley=bigok.gif]  I agree with JCZ's comments! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  I was a guest for a time also.  Had reservations, [smiley=nixweiss.gif] because I don't ride a CVO, just an ol' "Led Sled" Ultra, as hd2003 calls it!  I've had a Blast!  Enjoy!!  Later--HUBBARD      
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2005, 03:03:09 PM »

Red Hot Fat Boy

Sandy
Welcome to the site. Don't let Hubbard fool you. He's saving his change right now so he can get rid of that "Lead Sled" and buy a CVO bike.

You made the best choice in colors also!
You need to read about the CVO rally in Maggy Valley. Would love to see you and the SEEG there!

Again, welcome and spend some time here! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2005, 03:37:25 PM »

Welcome to the sight Sandy. We have been waiting on you.
Looks like your member number 1000.
Congradulations . [smiley=beerchug.gif]
Does anyone know what the prize is ?

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2005, 04:51:44 PM »

Thanks a bunch guys for the nice welcome.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 04:56:07 PM by Red_Hot_SE_Fat_Boy »

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2005, 05:30:01 PM »

Welcome Red_Hot_SE_Fat_Boy and congratualtions to both you and your husband on two cherry red bikes for the garage. It is an absolutely gorgeous color, that is even nicer in the sunshine, I hope you get lots of that this weekend.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 05:45:39 PM by Mrs._WeCVO »

LBI-DTW

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2005, 06:52:06 PM »

Nice on both bikes.
RED HOT SE FAT BOY
I am sure you will find everything about your bikes on this site and more.
[smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=bigok.gif]
Good timing being 1000 member.
Enjoy and safe riding
LBI-DTW

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2005, 09:13:08 PM »

Red Hot .........

Congratulations!!!! [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon3.gif] [smiley=balloon2.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon3.gif] [smiley=balloon2.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif]
Warm welcome to this wonderful site! I believe being the 1000th member you recieve 1000 FREE minutes on this site! [smiley=shocked2.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] And with your husband being a SE owner also, he too recieves 1000 FREE minutes! [smiley=shocked2.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Blessings to you both!

JR [smiley=laugh.gif]

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2005, 09:39:14 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Red Hot,
 Welcome!!  We will be bigger than US Steel, or are we already?? [smiley=thumbsup.gif]  Thanks, Naitram!! [smiley=bigok.gif]  I'm having more fun than a Pig in a mud hole!! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2005, 09:52:17 PM »

Red Hot Fat Boy

Sandy
Welcome to the site. Don't let Hubbard fool you. He's saving his change right now so he can get rid of that "Lead Sled" and buy a CVO bike.

You made the best choice in colors also!
You need to read about the CVO rally in Maggy Valley. Would love to see you and the SEEG there!

Again, welcome and spend some time here! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Sandy,
 Welcome! [smiley=bigok.gif]  Don't let hd2003's concern for my "Change" deter you from laughing out loud! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  You'll do that a lot, here!  I'm gonna' hit kng103 up for a crash course in purchasing, anyway.  He says you can buy Motorsickles in NY with "Play Money!" [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  Later--HUBBARD

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2005, 09:59:08 PM »

welcome to the board Red Hot [smiley=beerchug.gif]  Lot of information here on the CVO......more than any other web site.

So is this going to be a Mr. and Mrs. Red Hot........like Mr. and Mrs. We CVO? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  Inquiring minds want to know. [smiley=laugh.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2005, 10:33:15 PM »

Another warm welcome from sunny Cal. you will enjoy the bantering and the wealth of information. Great group! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2005, 10:43:01 PM »

Welcome Sandy.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 10:43:53 PM by DDL »
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2005, 12:23:09 PM »

Goosh, thanks for the great welcome. You sure seem to have a great bunch of guys and gals here too and yes, I guess it could be Mr & Mrs Red Hot. Is there a way to change the screen name from Red Hot Fat Boy to Mr & Mrs Red Hot?? Right now we do feel red hot and ready to get these bikes out on the roads. Today we're getting a ton of rain, Saturday is suposse to be real windy, gusting up to 50mph, not real good for motorcycle riding. Sunday is going to be beautiful though and near 70* or more, so I know we're heading out for a long day of riding then. Will let everyone know what I really think of this CVO come early next week.

Yes, Dan it was you who told me about this forum. Thanks, it a great place for all sorts of info. Will be dropping in often. Plus I won't forget about the guys/gals on the RKR forum either. I have been there for nearly 3 years and made lots of good friends. I'll still drop in there too.

Now, rain, rain go away!!!!! :) Sandy

PS:  I'll get a pic of both bikes in here on Monday.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 12:25:49 PM by Red_Hot_SE_Fat_Boy »

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2005, 03:45:54 PM »

Goosh, thanks for the great welcome. You sure seem to have a great bunch of guys and gals here too and yes, I guess it could be Mr & Mrs Red Hot. Is there a way to change the screen name from Red Hot Fat Boy to Mr & Mrs Red Hot?? Right now we do feel red hot and ready to get these bikes out on the roads. Today we're getting a ton of rain, Saturday is suposse to be real windy, gusting up to 50mph, not real good for motorcycle riding. Sunday is going to be beautiful though and near 70* or more, so I know we're heading out for a long day of riding then. Will let everyone know what I really think of this CVO come early next week.

Yes, Dan it was you who told me about this forum. Thanks, it a great place for all sorts of info. Will be dropping in often. Plus I won't forget about the guys/gals on the RKR forum either. I have been there for nearly 3 years and made lots of good friends. I'll still drop in there too.

PS:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2005, 05:01:01 PM »

PS:

West Coast GTG   

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2005, 03:09:13 PM »

Thanks guys, I checked there once to try and change it, maybe I just didn't look good enough.

No rain here today but the wind is terrible, in the mid 20mph range gusting up into the upper 40's to near 50mph. Tomorrow is suppost to be mild winds, 9 to 18 mph or so, and near 70*. So looks like that will be the better day for riding. Have fun on your trip and enjoy that good weather. ;) Sandy

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2005, 03:35:32 PM »

Mrs. Red Hot FB, don't let JCZ's and AK's ride bother you, he is always bragging how much better that views, the women and the weather is in California, when the Canadians are up to thier butts in snow, those from Ohio and Chicago have ice, we from Virginia have it a little cool, and Georgia and Florida are just baking.  haaaaaa haaaaa haaaaa!  
We may not have the temperate climate of CA, but we still get out there and have a real good time whenever we can.  
I just wanted to share that my husband, Mr.WeCVO, logged into this site before I ever knew anything about sites like this and we shared a log-in. Well, some of the guys complained cause they did not know if they were talking to a boy or a girl. So someone suggested I get the Mrs.WeCVO log-in on my own.  I did.   Now, I don't know what to change it to, as I am very well known as Mrs We, so will leave it alone, but you and your hubby may wish to think about this before you get too well known and choose a name for each of you.  Just a suggestion from one that would have a different handle if I had thought about it a minute or two.  
I sure hope that you get to get out tomorrow and ride like crazy, get home all tired and happy.  Don't forget the sunblock, the wind will burn you before the sun sometimes.  I am going to ride my bike tomorrow doing an experienced riders course. An opportunity to challenge myself a little with the help of trained instructors.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2005, 03:46:51 PM »

Mrs.WeCVO, You're gonna really enjoy taking that Experienced Rider Course.  I took it a couple of years ago just to get a reduction on my mc insurance.  I'd been riding for many years and didn't expect to learn anything, but  I was mistaken.  Learned a couple of things that has made me a better rider.  Be careful and don't over ride the course and end up scraping the new CVO.  A couple of riders dropped their bikes the day I took it.  Of course, the monsoon conditions didn't improve traction that day, either.  Good luck and enjoy the course.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2005, 04:12:46 PM »

Mrs.WeCVO, You're gonna really enjoy taking that Experienced Rider Course.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 05:55:57 PM by Mrs._WeCVO »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2005, 05:25:23 PM »

Yep, it's the 'reach thing' alright.  I too, am 'vertically challenged' and prefer my seat height to be looooow so as to have good 'purchase' in those  parking lots or the dreaded deep gravel pits that some call parking lots.  I've developed a habit of using my front brake 90% of the time and it's hard to not grab it in a panic deal while moving slow.  That's one time the instinctive rider experience can backfire on you.  You'll do fine!  The weather's gonna turn from nasty to good tonight for you.   [smiley=biggthumpup.gif] [smiley=6.gif]

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2005, 05:40:43 PM »

Yep, it's the 'reach thing' alright.

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2005, 09:04:50 PM »

No rain here today but the wind is terrible, in the mid 20mph range gusting up into the upper 40's to near 50mph. Tomorrow is suppost to be mild winds, 9 to 18 mph or so, and near 70*. So looks like that will be the better day for riding.

Hey Mrs Red Hot,  I just got off the phone with my husband, who is in Montgomery, AL for a few weeks.  He said he and three others rode up into GA and he said the 460 mile ride was pretty miserable all but the last 45 minutes. He said the wind was blowing them three feet one way one minute and gusting them back three feet the other the next.  Good thing you got your ride planned for tomorrow. Sure hope you have a great time. Will tune in tomorrow evening to hear what you think of the two new scoots.
All the best!   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2005, 04:04:15 PM »

Mrs. Red Hot FB, don't let JCZ's and AK's ride bother you, he is always bragging how much better that views, the women and the weather is in California, when the Canadians are up to thier butts in snow, those from Ohio and Chicago have ice, we from Virginia have it a little cool, and Georgia and Florida are just baking.

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2005, 05:13:24 PM »

Sounds Awesome, Mrs Red Hot [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2005, 07:58:45 PM »

Those two just need to come on down South and see what they are missing out on. Us true Southern gals can be quite charming. Our weather here is just fine too. We ride here year round, just gets a little colder than out in CA. But then we just add a few layers on and go out anyway. We have left home in 32* temps and ridden most of the day, just takes the right clothes.

I think I will stay with Mrs.Red Hot just in case my husband does decide to drop in more often. Right now he's only been in here once or twice just to read and bone up on what everyone was saying about the SE bikes. I dought he will ever be a regular, he's just not much into staying on the PC once he's home. Has enough of them at work.

Our weather has been wonderful here for the past few weeks. We have had some on again off again rains, but mostly through the weekdays. Our weekends have been good enough that we have already added 500+ miles on the bikes and hope to ride more this weekend. We're just loving the new bikes and having a blast with them. Have already made plans to make it up to Myrtle Beach Bike Week in may. Haven't been to that in a few years, looking forward to going back up.

I have a picture of the new bike and myself, but need to do a bit of resizing and such before I add it here. Will get it done soon, I promise. ;) Sandy

Actually, AK and I have talked several times about the possability of doing a ride to the east coast side of the country, next year.  And I was stationed in South Carolina while in the Marines (Aviation) and went to Georgia several times.........you have some great riding weather there and some good roads.  Everything else is failing, but my memory is still there. [smiley=laugh.gif]  Anyway, if we do it, it'll be next year and we'll try to hook up with some of the people from this site, along the way.

West Coast GTG   

starvin

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2005, 01:25:15 AM »

Welcome to the sight Sandy. We have been waiting on you.
Looks like your member number 1000.
Congradulations . [smiley=beerchug.gif]
 Does anyone know what the prize is ?

On a related note just wondering why the member number feature was turned off [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2005, 01:01:18 PM »

Actually, AK and I have talked several times about the possability of doing a ride to the east coast side of the country, next year.

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2005, 01:06:36 PM »

On a related note just wondering why the member number feature was turned off [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Thanks a bunch Starvin. I beleive someone said the prize was 1000 free minutes here.  [smiley=laugh.gif] Just glad there's a place like this to check and see what other CVO owners think of their bikes and any problems they may be having or suggestions that could help a newbie. You all have a great forum here and I love how it navigates, it's one of the better ones I have been on.  [smiley=biggthumpup.gif] Sandy

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2005, 01:21:53 PM »

Sounds like you have a plan in process already. Would be great to meet and show you guys around. We do have lots of great roads here and some nice places to stay and eat too. I'm sure you would really like it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 02:07:08 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2005, 04:29:03 PM »

That's sounds great. I have met a few on the forums I visit, it's great putting faces to people you have chatted online with for a few years with. Gonna meet a few more next month at Myrtle Beach Bike Week, that should be a blast too. Just let me know when and if you make it to our area. ;) Sandy

Renzo

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2005, 06:01:27 PM »

Hello guys im a newbie too hoping to buy a SEEG IN NEXT FEW WEEKS HAVE FOUND A COUPLE OF USED VERSIONS AT DEALERS IN UK didnt know about the peeling chrome problem until yesterday thanks too this site and thanks for the intro paspoons  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] i am well armed for next visit to dealer  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2005, 10:07:17 PM »

Renzo

Warm welcome to this wonderful site. [smiley=beerchug.gif] Pull up a chair and do your research and fill your plate with more knowlege than most dealers have. Our advantage is we specialize in one type of bike that is run all around the world and if anything has happened to it before ....you will find it here. Its kinda quiet around here because alot of folks are at a CVO gathering.

Once again warm welcome and God Bless! [smiley=beerchug.gif]

JR [smiley=laugh.gif]

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2011, 04:15:19 AM »

:oops:
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

Classic45

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRUSE
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2011, 04:24:32 AM »

Welcome to the site from - Moss - Norway!  :coolblue:
2000 FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic
2005 FLHRC Road King Classic
2008 FLHTCUSE3
2010 FLHXE
2013 FLTRXSE2

Iron Butt Association Membership Number: 38579

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2011, 08:31:05 AM »

:oops:
Yet another :nixweiss: Original post in this thread February 25, 2005, 09:37:30 PM

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

04se103

« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2011, 09:20:47 AM »

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2011, 11:33:53 AM »

Yet another :nixweiss: Original post in this thread February 25, 2005, 09:37:30 PM

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Somebody is trying to keep you busy today Dood  :nixweiss: is it some sort of distraction  :nixweiss:  :huepfenlol2:  :drink:
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2011, 11:38:06 AM »

Somebody is trying to keep you busy today Dood  :nixweiss: is it some sort of distraction  :nixweiss:  :huepfenlol2:  :drink:
I first thought we had been "Mofo'd" but I know he's to busy cleaning his bike to do something like that. :D :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Tweet

• Tweet
  • 1K CVO Member
    • WY

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2011, 12:09:18 PM »

Welcome to the site from Wyoming! :2vrolijk_21:

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2011, 03:59:17 PM »

Welcome from Toronto, Canada. :bananarock:

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2011, 05:35:09 PM »

Welcome from Tennessee!
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Bikerdude1018

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2010 FLSTSE2 CVO Softail Convertable-Sold
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2011, 11:04:44 AM »

Welcome from Maryland  :orange:

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2011, 11:00:02 AM »

Welcome to the Forum from Indy waiting for that first Spring ride! It looks like you joined in 2005? Another winter storm heading our way.
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

Zee110

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2011, 11:57:02 PM »

A BIG WELCOME FROM ALBERTA  :2vrolijk_21:

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2011, 11:05:23 PM »

My ride is a seeg2. The candy red.  Now only if the white stuff would stop falling I would get a change to do a little riding.
Been around bike for a few years back to 1965.. both road, dirt, Harleys and others.
Thanks again,
LBI-DTW

Welcome to the site from S. Korea.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Page created in 0.29 seconds with 21 queries.