Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: New CVO Newbie  (Read 9286 times)

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
Re: New CVO Newbie
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2005, 03:45:54 PM »

Goosh, thanks for the great welcome. You sure seem to have a great bunch of guys and gals here too and yes, I guess it could be Mr & Mrs Red Hot. Is there a way to change the screen name from Red Hot Fat Boy to Mr & Mrs Red Hot?? Right now we do feel red hot and ready to get these bikes out on the roads. Today we're getting a ton of rain, Saturday is suposse to be real windy, gusting up to 50mph, not real good for motorcycle riding. Sunday is going to be beautiful though and near 70* or more, so I know we're heading out for a long day of riding then. Will let everyone know what I really think of this CVO come early next week.

Yes, Dan it was you who told me about this forum. Thanks, it a great place for all sorts of info. Will be dropping in often. Plus I won't forget about the guys/gals on the RKR forum either. I have been there for nearly 3 years and made lots of good friends. I'll still drop in there too.

Now, rain, rain go away!!!!! :) Sandy

PS:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2005, 05:01:01 PM »

Goosh, thanks for the great welcome. You sure seem to have a great bunch of guys and gals here too and yes, I guess it could be Mr & Mrs Red Hot. Is there a way to change the screen name from Red Hot Fat Boy to Mr & Mrs Red Hot?? Right now we do feel red hot and ready to get these bikes out on the roads. Today we're getting a ton of rain, Saturday is suposse to be real windy, gusting up to 50mph, not real good for motorcycle riding. Sunday is going to be beautiful though and near 70* or more, so I know we're heading out for a long day of riding then. Will let everyone know what I really think of this CVO come early next week.

Yes, Dan it was you who told me about this forum. Thanks, it a great place for all sorts of info. Will be dropping in often. Plus I won't forget about the guys/gals on the RKR forum either. I have been there for nearly 3 years and made lots of good friends. I'll still drop in there too.

Now, rain, rain go away!!!!! :) Sandy

PS:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2005, 03:09:13 PM »

Thanks guys, I checked there once to try and change it, maybe I just didn't look good enough.

No rain here today but the wind is terrible, in the mid 20mph range gusting up into the upper 40's to near 50mph. Tomorrow is suppost to be mild winds, 9 to 18 mph or so, and near 70*. So looks like that will be the better day for riding. Have fun on your trip and enjoy that good weather. ;) Sandy
Sandy :)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2005, 03:35:32 PM »

Mrs. Red Hot FB, don't let JCZ's and AK's ride bother you, he is always bragging how much better that views, the women and the weather is in California, when the Canadians are up to thier butts in snow, those from Ohio and Chicago have ice, we from Virginia have it a little cool, and Georgia and Florida are just baking.  haaaaaa haaaaa haaaaa!  
We may not have the temperate climate of CA, but we still get out there and have a real good time whenever we can.  
I just wanted to share that my husband, Mr.WeCVO, logged into this site before I ever knew anything about sites like this and we shared a log-in. Well, some of the guys complained cause they did not know if they were talking to a boy or a girl. So someone suggested I get the Mrs.WeCVO log-in on my own.  I did.   Now, I don't know what to change it to, as I am very well known as Mrs We, so will leave it alone, but you and your hubby may wish to think about this before you get too well known and choose a name for each of you.  Just a suggestion from one that would have a different handle if I had thought about it a minute or two.  
I sure hope that you get to get out tomorrow and ride like crazy, get home all tired and happy.  Don't forget the sunblock, the wind will burn you before the sun sometimes.  I am going to ride my bike tomorrow doing an experienced riders course. An opportunity to challenge myself a little with the help of trained instructors.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2005, 03:46:51 PM »

Mrs.WeCVO, You're gonna really enjoy taking that Experienced Rider Course.  I took it a couple of years ago just to get a reduction on my mc insurance.  I'd been riding for many years and didn't expect to learn anything, but  I was mistaken.  Learned a couple of things that has made me a better rider.  Be careful and don't over ride the course and end up scraping the new CVO.  A couple of riders dropped their bikes the day I took it.  Of course, the monsoon conditions didn't improve traction that day, either.  Good luck and enjoy the course.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2005, 04:12:46 PM »

Mrs.WeCVO, You're gonna really enjoy taking that Experienced Rider Course.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 05:55:57 PM by Mrs._WeCVO »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2005, 05:25:23 PM »

Yep, it's the 'reach thing' alright.  I too, am 'vertically challenged' and prefer my seat height to be looooow so as to have good 'purchase' in those  parking lots or the dreaded deep gravel pits that some call parking lots.  I've developed a habit of using my front brake 90% of the time and it's hard to not grab it in a panic deal while moving slow.  That's one time the instinctive rider experience can backfire on you.  You'll do fine!  The weather's gonna turn from nasty to good tonight for you.   [smiley=biggthumpup.gif] [smiley=6.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2005, 05:40:43 PM »

Yep, it's the 'reach thing' alright.

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2005, 09:04:50 PM »

No rain here today but the wind is terrible, in the mid 20mph range gusting up into the upper 40's to near 50mph. Tomorrow is suppost to be mild winds, 9 to 18 mph or so, and near 70*. So looks like that will be the better day for riding.

Hey Mrs Red Hot,  I just got off the phone with my husband, who is in Montgomery, AL for a few weeks.  He said he and three others rode up into GA and he said the 460 mile ride was pretty miserable all but the last 45 minutes. He said the wind was blowing them three feet one way one minute and gusting them back three feet the other the next.  Good thing you got your ride planned for tomorrow. Sure hope you have a great time. Will tune in tomorrow evening to hear what you think of the two new scoots.
All the best!   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2005, 04:04:15 PM »

Mrs. Red Hot FB, don't let JCZ's and AK's ride bother you, he is always bragging how much better that views, the women and the weather is in California, when the Canadians are up to thier butts in snow, those from Ohio and Chicago have ice, we from Virginia have it a little cool, and Georgia and Florida are just baking.

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2005, 05:13:24 PM »

Sounds Awesome, Mrs Red Hot [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2005, 07:58:45 PM »

Those two just need to come on down South and see what they are missing out on. Us true Southern gals can be quite charming. Our weather here is just fine too. We ride here year round, just gets a little colder than out in CA. But then we just add a few layers on and go out anyway. We have left home in 32* temps and ridden most of the day, just takes the right clothes.

I think I will stay with Mrs.Red Hot just in case my husband does decide to drop in more often. Right now he's only been in here once or twice just to read and bone up on what everyone was saying about the SE bikes. I dought he will ever be a regular, he's just not much into staying on the PC once he's home. Has enough of them at work.

Our weather has been wonderful here for the past few weeks. We have had some on again off again rains, but mostly through the weekdays. Our weekends have been good enough that we have already added 500+ miles on the bikes and hope to ride more this weekend. We're just loving the new bikes and having a blast with them. Have already made plans to make it up to Myrtle Beach Bike Week in may. Haven't been to that in a few years, looking forward to going back up.

I have a picture of the new bike and myself, but need to do a bit of resizing and such before I add it here. Will get it done soon, I promise. ;) Sandy

Actually, AK and I have talked several times about the possability of doing a ride to the east coast side of the country, next year.  And I was stationed in South Carolina while in the Marines (Aviation) and went to Georgia several times.........you have some great riding weather there and some good roads.  Everything else is failing, but my memory is still there. [smiley=laugh.gif]  Anyway, if we do it, it'll be next year and we'll try to hook up with some of the people from this site, along the way.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

starvin

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2005, 01:25:15 AM »

Welcome to the sight Sandy. We have been waiting on you.
Looks like your member number 1000.
Congradulations . [smiley=beerchug.gif]
 Does anyone know what the prize is ?

On a related note just wondering why the member number feature was turned off [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2005, 01:01:18 PM »

Actually, AK and I have talked several times about the possability of doing a ride to the east coast side of the country, next year.

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2005, 01:06:36 PM »

On a related note just wondering why the member number feature was turned off [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Thanks a bunch Starvin. I beleive someone said the prize was 1000 free minutes here.  [smiley=laugh.gif] Just glad there's a place like this to check and see what other CVO owners think of their bikes and any problems they may be having or suggestions that could help a newbie. You all have a great forum here and I love how it navigates, it's one of the better ones I have been on.  [smiley=biggthumpup.gif] Sandy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.