Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dyno tune $$$  (Read 2731 times)

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
Dyno tune $$$
« on: January 02, 2004, 12:28:51 PM »

Talk to an authorized Dynajet tuning shop. Told me that he could map my bike iw one was available (which it is not) for $100.  He would custom map my bike for $200.  Is this a good deal, average price, or too high?
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Dyno tune $$$
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 01:26:46 PM »

We get a dyno tune (custom) for a minamum of two hours labor but can take up to three or four hours if it is truely done right.

A flat rate of $200 sounds o.k. to me........if he has a reputation for performance dyno tuning.  Is it at a shop that does a lot of "performance" work?  Ask around from the guys riding the performance bikes.  Be sure and get a "before and after" dyno reading and get your air/fuel done, too.  Most shops do the air/fuel, but not all of them.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: Dyno tune $$$
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004, 02:22:02 PM »

Sounds about right price wise my guy says 2-3hrs @ $70 bucks an hour,  if they know what they are doing it is cheap for the  performance gains.  If they have a dynojet dyno with the software package and you have a power commander it can tune it's self.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.