Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Deep South Eagle  (Read 15296 times)

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Deep South Eagle
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2007, 09:49:14 AM »

Wayne, you are pretty funny - ya know that Chip and Nancy actually do ride their bikes sometimes and don't just trailer them. 

Even if ya hit a deer with a truck, the end result is not going to be pretty.

Re the dogs chasing deer - the deer are crazed and come out of bushes just scrambling, literally running for their lives. It is kinda sad. 

Another problem with the dogs, is that they too come out of the bush on a trail of something and they don't have any common sense either.  I have seen a whole lotta dogs out this way that you end up trying to dodge as they run across, up and down the road on a scent. 

Any animal that is bigger than I can eat at one sitting is too big for me to want to hit with my bike.  What kinda whistle can you buy to cover all varmints bigger than that?

Turn your raido WAY UP, That's the way I ride -Remember,It's not that I can't hear it's so the other stuff may hear me first :)  So far so Good.

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2007, 01:45:51 PM »

any update on Ed's condition? So sorry to hear about it...had a really bad spill myself in 1990-they told me I'd never be able to use my right leg again. Showed them! Best wishes to Ed and his family, you'll be in my prayers.

Flyndyna
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2007, 02:31:12 PM »

any update on Ed's condition? So sorry to hear about it...had a really bad spill myself in 1990-they told me I'd never be able to use my right leg again. Showed them! Best wishes to Ed and his family, you'll be in my prayers.

Flyndyna

As a matter of fact, yes. I just got off the phone with him. His pain meds have been reduced, and he sounds so much more alert. He'll be in the hospital at least til Monday or Tuesday. He's still a hurting puppy, but he was able to start walking a little today. Painful, but getting stronger. The wrist is still very swollen, and they can't fully assess it until the selling subsides a little. But they think it's fractured. It'll be set and casted after they can get a clear picture of the damage. Lots of bruises, lots of pain. But he's sucking air and walking. That's the main thing. He'll get better each day, til he's good as new! I sent regards and prayers from everyone here. He thanks all ya'll for your thoughts.

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2007, 07:09:33 AM »

I stopped by the hospital last night to see Ed. Saturday was a rough day. Some of the meds had him sick as a dog. They changed it and it's better now. He's gotten pneumonia now. They say that's pretty common whenever you have roken ribs because you aren't breathing so well. He's hoping to go home in a day or two.

In my humble opinion, deer whistles aren't worth squat. I've use them and hit deer with a cage. Living in an area with this many deer it's something we deal with al the time. I hit one with the truck just last year. There wasn't time to do anything. I didn't even touch my brakes.

The fall of the year deer are moving more than the summer time. Early in the morning, late in the evening and after dark are the worst times. If I catch myself out at these times, esp in the fall, I try and avoid the back roads as much as possible. I know the local roads where I see the most deer. Those are the roads I'll avoid. Not to say you won't hit one on the interstate too.

A friend of mine gave me the best advise I ever heard, and you don't have to buy anything. If you see a deer, BLOW YOUR HORN. The deer will normally head off the road asap. I've tried it, and it works. Problem is, I usually am too busy hitting the brakes and steering to avoid the beast and forget the horn.

I wish they were all dead. I'm sure the tree huggers will think less of me.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2007, 07:51:46 AM »

I stopped by the hospital last night to see Ed. Saturday was a rough day. Some of the meds had him sick as a dog. They changed it and it's better now. He's gotten pneumonia now. They say that's pretty common whenever you have roken ribs because you aren't breathing so well. He's hoping to go home in a day or two.

In my humble opinion, deer whistles aren't worth squat. I've use them and hit deer with a cage. Living in an area with this many deer it's something we deal with al the time. I hit one with the truck just last year. There wasn't time to do anything. I didn't even touch my brakes.

The fall of the year deer are moving more than the summer time. Early in the morning, late in the evening and after dark are the worst times. If I catch myself out at these times, esp in the fall, I try and avoid the back roads as much as possible. I know the local roads where I see the most deer. Those are the roads I'll avoid. Not to say you won't hit one on the interstate too.

A friend of mine gave me the best advise I ever heard, and you don't have to buy anything. If you see a deer, BLOW YOUR HORN. The deer will normally head off the road asap. I've tried it, and it works. Problem is, I usually am too busy hitting the brakes and steering to avoid the beast and forget the horn.

I wish they were all dead. I'm sure the tree huggers will think less of me.

Ken

thanks for the accurate update on Ed.
it just takes time to get better
drugs man, make sure he gets the good ones
but not to many
I'm ready for a cookout @ the Hogbreath ranch before winter gets here.
(nothing like a self invitation)  ;)

I'm with you on the deer, and being in my business the tree huggers don't like me either
till they need a job and then they are my bestest friend

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2007, 12:17:44 PM »

Good to hear Ed's going home, it's always better to recuperate in your own surroundings. As far as the deer-ask a tree hugger to try hugging one of their cute little furry woodland friends, especially during rutting season. Perhaps that will show them how sweet and innocent they are! I really like deer myself, I think they taste great barbecued with Old No. 7 sauce...but I certainly prefer them on a plate rather than the road.

Flyndyna 8)
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2007, 03:46:07 PM »

EXCELLENT NEWS!

Just got a call from Ed and he is homeward bound! He is more than thrilled after spending the last week in the hospital. He's still hurting but his lovely wife was chauffeuring him home VERY gently to his awaiting recliner to continue his recuperation. He's in great spirits and asked me to post this update and let all the well wishers know that he's on mend and appreciates all the thoughts and prayers and support!

He hasn't gotten any word on his bike, but it has already been delivered to our local HD dealership to get it all better too!

We can't wait till both you and your bike are back to 100%! I'll be keeping an eye out for double nickel!!

I like shiny stuff!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2007, 03:55:27 PM »

Thanks for the update that's great news. :2vrolijk_21: Maybe we can get him in here while he's recuperating to help him get better.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2007, 03:58:59 PM »

Great News!! now he has a reason to get a new bike - Should be easy to total it out, They make a new one everyday. ;D

Binx

• Hoist's BSR
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2007, 04:04:01 PM »

So happy to hear Ed is on his way home. Kisses to Ed and Trish!  :-*
wut?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2007, 04:05:20 PM »

Awesome news Cheri, especially after hearing the "medication" story from Ken last night! Send him our best and I'll be calling him soon! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2007, 04:26:00 PM »

That's GREAT news.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2007, 05:17:36 PM »

Great News!  I don't care how sick you are, you just feel better at home being cared for by someone who loves you.

Thanks for the update.

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2007, 10:14:18 AM »

Talked to Trish last night and Ed is happily settled into his Recliner and running her ragged making demands! Just kidding! He's doing great except for his need to sneeze. Apparently that is the utmost insult to broken ribs! Don't worry Binxie, I told him about pineapple and he was repeating that mantra cracking me and Trish up! (but it works!!)

Trish asked me to again thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers and support. Couldn't say enough about the great support that this CVO family provided and made things just a little bit easier to bear through this tough time! SO, thanks again everyone!!
I like shiny stuff!

harleydiva

« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2007, 10:03:00 AM »

Please tell Ed and Trish that we are thinking about them and anxiously awaiting a barbq cookout.  Maybe he could barbq some deer.   :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.