Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LION IN WEST VIRGINIA  (Read 789 times)

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
LION IN WEST VIRGINIA
« on: November 01, 2007, 11:29:50 AM »

Hey Hubbard ,
  When are you and the boys turning the dogs loose ?

Reward For Mystery Lion Save Email Print 

Posted: 5:50 AM Nov 1, 2007
Last Updated: 10:15 AM Nov 1, 2007
Reporter: The Associated Press
Email Address: news@wsaz.com

3 comments   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A | A | A If an African lion is roaming the mountains of southeastern West Virginia, Angus Peyton wants it captured, not killed.

Peyton is offering a $3,000 award for the safe and humane capture of the lion.

He also wants the animal to be placed in refuge.

The Charleston broker says he fears someone may try to shoot the lion.

Bow hunter Jim Shortridge swears he saw a male African lion weighing between 250 and 300 pounds at the foot of Cold Knob Mountain earlier this month.

Rainelle-based Tiger Mountain Refuge and Greenbrier County animal control officer Robert McClung have placed motion-sensitive video cameras in that area in hopes of getting an image of the lion.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

Re: LION IN WEST VIRGINIA
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 09:02:36 PM »

Hey Hubbard ,
  When are you and the boys turning the dogs loose ?

Reward For Mystery Lion Save Email Print 

Posted: 5:50 AM Nov 1, 2007
Last Updated: 10:15 AM Nov 1, 2007
Reporter: The Associated Press
Email Address: news@wsaz.com

3 comments   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A | A | A If an African lion is roaming the mountains of southeastern West Virginia, Angus Peyton wants it captured, not killed.

Peyton is offering a $3,000 award for the safe and humane capture of the lion.

He also wants the animal to be placed in refuge.

The Charleston broker says he fears someone may try to shoot the lion.

Bow hunter Jim Shortridge swears he saw a male African lion weighing between 250 and 300 pounds at the foot of Cold Knob Mountain earlier this month.

Rainelle-based Tiger Mountain Refuge and Greenbrier County animal control officer Robert McClung have placed motion-sensitive video cameras in that area in hopes of getting an image of the lion.

Dave,
  I'm presently in the Sunshine State, and haven't heard anything about this story.  Seems odd an African Lion would be in the Mountain State, but stanger things have happened.  Bob Cats and Panthers are quite common in WV.  I'm sure some of the avid hunters are looking for this Lion.  Better them than me.  I used to be a Hunter, but find it difficult to bear down on them now.  I guess I've mellowed, somewhat.  Later--HUBBARD 
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 22 queries.