Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: When will it get here ?  (Read 2551 times)

Quint

• You all know how I earn a livin'
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 Road King - Crystal Copper/Black Onyx
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2004 FLHRI Road King
Re: When will it get here ?
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 08:48:49 PM »

Roger

Patience, my friend, patience! (Actually it's bloody difficult waiting for what seems like for-e-v-e-r!) Anyway, Top 10 reasons why it's worth the wait:

1. The paint job looks awesome
2. Lots of positive comments from other riders
3. That engine has a lot of stonk
4. You get compliments from onlookers
5. It's not quite a one-off, but you won't see another one at the lights
6. Your friends will ogle it, shake their heads, and say "Now THAT'S a bike!"
7. All that chrome
8. All the whoops and hollers from little kids
9. It's faster than a bat outta hell
10. As soon as you get it, you know the wait has been worth it!  ;D

Good luck. I hope the little bronze devil finds it way to your place soon.
You all know me. You know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for yer but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Swallow you whole.

rottenroger

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SERK
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2007, 08:37:50 PM »

Called the Dealer today and the bike is build and in inventory. Should be here in 10-15 days.  :bananarock:

Talked to Vance and Hines tech today and asked what the db level was on there slip on muffers. The reply
I got was they run around 99db @ half throttle from 20 feet. Some of them run a little louder. I've been reading
up on pipes and db level and state reqs. It looks like you can change size of the baffle in the Rineharts and increase
or decrease the volume of your muffler. Decisions, decisions, I guess I'll get this figured out at point or another. I'm
not that worried about having the fastest ride in town, but I do want it to look and sound good. I just don't want the
neighbors sicking their dogs on me or take pop shots at me in the morning on the way to work.   :confused5:
Code:

SE A/C
Rush Slip-on mufflers  2.25 Baffles
SERT
Chrome Head Bolt Bridge Cover
Ironside Passenger Floor boards
Flush Mount Gas Cap and Gauge
Standard Height Sissy Bar with Rack and 105 Annie Back Rest
Auxilary Passing Lamps
Clearview 17" light gray recurve Shield

megavolt17

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2007, 10:42:39 PM »

Called the Dealer today and the bike is build and in inventory. Should be here in 10-15 days.  :bananarock:

Talked to Vance and Hines tech today and asked what the db level was on there slip on muffers. The reply
I got was they run around 99db @ half throttle from 20 feet. Some of them run a little louder. I've been reading
up on pipes and db level and state reqs. It looks like you can change size of the baffle in the Rineharts and increase
or decrease the volume of your muffler. Decisions, decisions, I guess I'll get this figured out at point or another. I'm
not that worried about having the fastest ride in town, but I do want it to look and sound good. I just don't want the
neighbors sicking their dogs on me or take pop shots at me in the morning on the way to work.   :confused5:

I see people often with noise induced hearing loss.  Not to be a kill-joy as my mom used to say, but here is something else to consider:

According to the Tinnitis Association "There is good evidence that the human ear can tolerate sound levels below 85dB almost indefinitely but with increasing sound levels above this, the chance of ear damage rises. Research suggests that 90dB is safe for about 8 hours (the typical working day). The equal energy principle then says that for every doubling of sound intensity above this, the safe time of exposure must half. As sound intensity is measured logarithmically, this means that a 3dB increase corresponds to a doubling of intensity. So, 93dB is therefore safe for 4hours, 96dB for 2 hours, 99dB for 1 hour and so on."

Megavolt17

2008 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide (FLHTCUSE3)
105th Anniversary Crystal Copper and Black Onyx
HD High Intensity Discharge (HID) Dual Bulb Headlamp
HD Illuminated LED Windshield Molding Kit
HD Air Wing Tour-Pak Luggage Rack with Smoked Lens LED Rack Light
Küryakyn Panacea Blue Dot Smoked LED Taillights and Turn Signals
"Roll Your Own" SE Air Cleaner
SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers
SE Race Tuner
Traxxion AK-20 cartridges
Bitubo HD 300mm shocks
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 22 queries.