Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: difference in performance from Hog Tunes to Hawg Wired?  (Read 9435 times)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
Re: difference in performance from Hog Tunes to Hawg Wired?
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2007, 08:58:21 PM »

I have been pleased with my Hawg-Wired System...

FISHMAN7

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2007, 07:37:57 AM »

HD-Dude   i want to order the 2 amp set   but going thru your site it does not offer any code or any spot for the 10% discount   e-mail me let me know
thanks

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2007, 09:19:52 AM »

HD-Dude   i want to order the 2 amp set   but going thru your site it does not offer any code or any spot for the 10% discount   e-mail me let me know
thanks

You have a PM....

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2007, 05:05:42 PM »

Hello FISHMAN7,

I send you the  :welcome_005: from FRANCE.

Best regards

:vrolijk_26:  Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2007, 08:32:39 PM »

I have had the Hogtunes speakers in the fairing for 2 years.  The HT's are much better than stock.  I am trying to get more sound to my daughter (have stock exhaust) with just 2 speakers.

I recently got the CX speakers from Jim with the crossovers.  Install was easy and I velcroed the crossovers to the tops of the speaker bezels.  The fairing braces were easily bent to clear the larger size of the CX's..

The CX's are a lot larger than the HT's (just the way the HT's were larger than the stock).

The sound is much more clear and crisp with the CX's..  I am not using as much volume with the CX's..  I have never had issues hearing these or the HT's..  I have not had my daughter  on the back since the install..

I don't know if the Hawg wired amp for $600 is worth it for the additional sound???  If it is, then you most decide to get the $750 add on amp if you ever want to add a king tourpack and rear speakers.

Leroy is correct in that they are better than the HT's..  Still the HT's are a great improvement over stock speakers for the price.

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon/Silver
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI Purple/Silver Flames
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2007, 06:43:23 PM »

The CVO radio has an added amp in it so it will run the component speakers fine (i would not use them in a standard radio). The CVO radios use a 4 ohm output so they are matched for them. Worth it, In my (biased) opinion yes. (i am a dealer for them). Get some feed back from some of the other members that have changed from the BT series to the CX series, Twolane, and Erniezap are a couple that come to mind........

You will need 2 sets of speakers, one for the front and one for the rear. I recommend the CX for the front and the BT for the rear as the CX will not fit. You would also get the 4 channel amp. If you don't replace the amp you will not be able to use the current offerings from HW. They are 4 ohm speakers and the factory uses 2 ohm speakers. HW is working on some 2 ohm units. All speaker pricing is per pair. (My website has not been updated to reflect the new pricing from HW.)
Hd-dude,

You posted once that the CVO's had 4 ohm systems, and another time that they were 2 ohm and needed the amp kit.  I have the 08 SEUC; which speakers do I use:  One set of BT504-50  Speaker Kit for the rear and CX504-70 for the front? Or do I need the amps?

Dave

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2007, 07:20:18 PM »

Hd-dude,

You posted once that the CVO's had 4 ohm systems, and another time that they were 2 ohm and needed the amp kit.  I have the 08 SEUC; which speakers do I use:  One set of BT504-50  Speaker Kit for the rear and CX504-70 for the front? Or do I need the amps?

Dave

Dave;
The 04-05 CVO's are 4 ohm systems whereas the 06-up are 2 ohm systems. For your bike you will need the just released SX series 2 ohm speakers for the fairng and the BT502-50 series for the tour pack pods. This is if your are going to retaing your factory system. If you want to add the HW amp kit you would then use the 4 ohm speakers. Give a call at the shop if you would like additional info or to order. 510-885-9471

Jim

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon/Silver
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI Purple/Silver Flames
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2007, 08:49:04 PM »

Thanks.  I posted earlier in the "I wish we could keep them bone stock" post and was in favor of keeping it original, but I see I am traveling down the slippery slope already.  The stock speakers pretty much suck in my opinion, and they distort once the volume gets over 2/3.  I was at the dealership this past Saturday -- the day after I picked it up -- and heard a EG Standard with great sounding system that blew mine away.  While I was there I ordered another $300 worth of shiny stuff for it, so I guess I'm doomed!  I'll give you a call to order when I get a round tuit.

Dave
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 22 queries.