Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: ZUMO 550 and Techmount 30997MC On The Way!!  (Read 6745 times)

REGGAB

Re: ZUMO 550 and Techmount 30997MC On The Way!!
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2007, 07:45:08 PM »

Chit Henry, I'm older than you and I haven't lost any of my memory at all. Why, just the other day I was telling--errrrr..

Yup!  You were saying......................   ;D

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2007, 08:01:15 PM »

Congrats on your new Zumo, Henry!  :2vrolijk_21:

Considering one myself and Zumo appears to be the best system from everything I read. 

I suffer from CRS and PACR (p!ssed away, can't remember) and figure the GPS could remember for me. Hard wiring it to the bike as Terry suggested is the way I plan to install it as well.  Plan to use it in other vehicles also.

Keep us posted on it - reading here gets more & more expensive....... :huepfenjump3:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

REGGAB

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2007, 08:07:55 PM »

Congrats on your new Zumo, Henry!  :2vrolijk_21:

Considering one myself and Zumo appears to be the best system from everything I read. 

I suffer from CRS and PACR (p!ssed away, can't remember) and figure the GPS could remember for me. Hard wiring it to the bike as Terry suggested is the way I plan to install it as well.  Plan to use it in other vehicles also.

Keep us posted on it - reading here gets more & more expensive....... :huepfenjump3:

Concur.  Unlike Terry, I didn't list all my CVO expenditures on a spreadsheet.............I don't wanna know!  For one thing, I'm having too much fun doin' this stuff, and I'm afraid if I did know............well................we won't go there.  Suffice it to say...........I'm po!   ;D

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2007, 08:14:36 PM »

Concur.  Unlike Terry, I didn't list all my CVO expenditures on a spreadsheet.............I don't wanna know!  For one thing, I'm having too much fun doin' this stuff, and I'm afraid if I did know............well................we won't go there.  Suffice it to say...........I'm po!   ;D

I'm po too.  Better not count your money until the playings done, as the old song goes.

On the Jester, it is not so much about chrome as planned electronics purchases.  Also planning to make the tour pack removable (new amp, new speakers, etc., etc......). 

REGGAB

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2007, 08:19:32 PM »

I'm po too.  Better not count your money until the playings done, as the old song goes.

On the Jester, it is not so much about chrome as planned electronics purchases.  Also planning to make the tour pack removable (new amp, new speakers, etc., etc......). 

Don't forget about your engine!!!!!  Dennis ain't far from you, and he's very good at his craft.  I bet he can implement the GMR fix for 110ci engines to your Jester.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2007, 08:23:22 PM »

Don't forget about your engine!!!!!  Dennis ain't far from you, and he's very good at his craft.  I bet he can implement the GMR fix for 110ci engines to your Jester.

So far the engine has been rock solid. Since I no longer race bikes, and that was at LEAST a hunnert years ago, I tend to leave the engines uncracked until absolutely necessary.  GMR does appear to offer good way to go though, if needed.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2007, 10:58:33 AM »

That's what I want to see.   :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2007, 11:22:33 AM »

I might have murdered too many brain cells in my younger years, Gary, but it was fun killing them... ;D ;)
Yeah, TC, but.........I can't remember much of the 'fun' due to the 'damage'.  :-X har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2007, 11:52:09 AM »

The only other thing I did was went to a local fastener store w/the screws that hold the Zumo mount to the Techmount and got some shorter screws. You can see the difference in these two posts - stock screws and short screws.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
Or......if you're impatient like I am, you can just cut the screws off instead of going to the store.  :P spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2007, 11:54:13 AM »

Or......if you're impatient like I am, you can just cut the screws off instead of going to the store.  :P spyder
That'll work too. :2vrolijk_21:

However w/my limited tool box I would've had to go out and purchase a hacksaw (or something to cut it with), vise, and file to debur. I took the easy way out. ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

REGGAB

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2007, 01:01:25 PM »

That'll work too. :2vrolijk_21:

However w/my limited tool box I would've had to go out and purchase a hacksaw (or something to cut it with), vise, and file to debur. I took the easy way out. ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Enter the Dremel Tool.  What a wonderful invention.  No self respecting Harley Rider should be without one.  I recently picked up a new one complete with about a gozillion attachments.  I plan to use a cutting wheel to cut the screws, then back off the nuts, which should rethread the cut edges.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2007, 01:08:42 PM »

Enter the Dremel Tool.  What a wonderful invention.  No self respecting Harley Rider should be without one.  I recently picked up a new one complete with about a gozillion attachments.  I plan to use a cutting wheel to cut the screws, then back off the nuts, which should rethread the cut edges.
;) :2vrolijk_21:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2007, 01:50:55 PM »

I break/destroy more stuff w/just a screwdriver and wrench I'd probably kill myself w/a power tool. :nervous:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2007, 02:06:42 PM »

JD doesn't allow me to use power tools ever since "the incident"
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2007, 02:08:43 PM »

JD doesn't allow me to use power tools ever since "the incident"
Fiddlesticks!!!

Ken,
I thought for sure I was going to see some buck wild picture associated w/this post. ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.295 seconds with 21 queries.