Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: # 199 Duracell Ride report  (Read 1507 times)

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
# 199 Duracell Ride report
« on: October 25, 2007, 09:54:10 PM »

:apple: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: 

Hi all,

Rode my B/O Jester to the dealer today and traded it and some $$$$ for my new #199 Duracell. After picking up my scoot I had a chance to ride the Duracell out to another dealer (60 miles away) with my riding buddy Bob to trade in his Jester on his new Duracell # 260. Hard to believe that we had a shipping dates of 9/25, and 11/16; both bikes arrived this week (go figure).

I purchased my scoot at Century HD in Medina OH and they treated me great. MRSP and a real good trade in value.

Nonetheless, the weather was great today and I rode 148 miles and the bike is much much better than my 07 Jester. Ride is quite a bit smoother, engine is quieter, torque and / or throttle response is “right now” and the bike appears to be more powerful. The engine does not lug below 2000 rpm, in fact it felt very responsive and smooth at 1800 rpm in 6th gear.  The antilock brakes are superb!! I purposely tried them out and they are AWESOME!!! Seating position is very comfortable and the bike feels more nimble and responsive. Also, the cruise control is very responsive and appears to hold speed better. Tried everything on the bike and it all worked perfectly. After 10,000 miles on my Jester I thought that it couldn’t get much better, I was wrong!! This bike is better in ways you would not normally think of and it is a nice surprise.  Along with the 6 gallon tank, miles to empty, isolation drive, and the awesome paint job, this is the best HD I’ve ever had.

Three of us looked the bikes over and could not find one defect in paint, fit or finish on either bike (very very very slight orange peal). The bike is perfect in every way and a pleasure to ride! At 60 MPH, I just wanted to crank it up faster and faster because it felt like I was going too slow for the riding conditions.

Those of you waiting for yours, it is well worth the wait. Pictures to come soon (sorry forgot to take the camera).

Cerdo  :bananarock:
Andy

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon/Silver
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI Purple/Silver Flames
Re: # 199 Duracell Ride report
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 09:59:09 PM »

Thanks for the report.  I have had some of the same experiences with mine.  I'm encouraged to post a ride report now!

08cvouc

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 04:36:52 PM »

Congrats on the new scoot. It seems like it took forever to get here but it finally came. I'm looking forward to seeing it. I looked at the springer they had at the dealer. The color is fantastic. Definitely worth the wait. Good luck with it and enjoy.
Al

deucedog

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 01:03:58 AM »

Sheesh, its about time that thing arrived!  :D  But let me be the first to say it to you:

:worthless:

mcdonaldroadcapt

• CVO Third Time around
  • Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 flhtcuse 1
    • CVO2: 2007 flhtcuse 2
    • CVO3: 2008 flhtcuse 3
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 12:20:53 PM »

I also picked up my #308 and rode it about 130 miles.  I too realized the improvements over my 2007 SE.  Didn't think it could get better but engine quieter, smoother, and much more comfortable seating both for rider and passenger.  Plan to keep this one a long time.

Jim McDonald
Charlotte, NC

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 01:46:08 PM »

It's nice to hear some positive reports.   :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.