Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Freedom Of Speech - Not In America or CVOHARLEY Anymore  (Read 6709 times)

Rhino

Freedom Of Speech - Not In America or CVOHARLEY Anymore
« on: October 26, 2007, 07:28:32 PM »

I am now a probationary member, and was not only banned for 24, but my post(s) were deleted.  I got DixieChicked. Reason Used: Bashing another member. Well, frankly that term for penalty was used quite loosely, and I totally disagree, but when hotshot members lie or make misrepresentations, I feel a need to make corrections and reiterate that this website should not be relied on for 100% truths. But in any event, I thought the Freedom OF Speech, in any form, was protected by our Constitution. You see, every day in this country, we are slowly getting banned. Unless you are affected by it directly, you probably would not notice. But it is happening in our Washington administration on a daily basis.  Happened in the McCarthy era too, what did they call it....commmunist ideologies, thinking outside the government rules was verbotten. Was getting out of control. And now, it is happening again. Protesters are kept blocks away from any administrative events, only supporters are allowed.  When did this all happen.  I mean, even the KKK can hold an event and say what they want on a city street or wherever, and of course, protesters along the walks are yelling back. But, it is part of this great country, to be able, without prejudice, to present any viewpoint.

My argument might be viewed as different, because CVOHARLEY is privately owned. Oh, does that mean the Constitution is no longer valid? Does Blackwater stay above the law because they are private?  They are all choices that people may make.  This wonderful world of web has viewpoints from differing perspectives from all over the world.  Some people like Fox Noise, others like MSNBC.  It is a choice, it is free, but what we should all be fighting for is not what made Russia and China, but what we, America, stand for, to absolutely protect the sacred and hallowed grounds of the institution that is these United States.

We live in dangerous times.  People have to be cognizant of the loss of our rights, which happening seems to be precariously and thinly shrouded by keeping the sheeple together and the fear in front, reasons why we need to lose our rights for the sake of our safety. Well, with pure good comes some bad.  We cannot let topple our way of life, and the loss of our rights, even now as Habeus Corpus comes under attack.  It is our duty to defend at all costs, but it is also our duty to protect. 

But what started it all (banned) is truly unfortunate.  That those actual expert wrenches and tech's that exist here are overshadowed by those that feel the need to bust in on every post with their own opinions, unfortunately presented in such a way that it may be construed as fact.  Yes selling schtik in an eloquent way sometimes works, and it would be a shame to see some newbies swayed into the grips and clutches of those few that seem that the only thing they have to give is more schtik, like a game, to pass themselves off as experts, when the reality is they own 1 or 2 bikes, and have NEVER turned their own wrench, ever.  Yes that is a gripe, and it should be made clear that if someone makes claims, they ought to at least admit they have no personal experience, but rely only on what is heresay, what they are repeating from what others have told them, which ultimately, may have been just words from a shop just trying to sell.  And if they experience blown up bikes due to incompetence, they ought to mention that too.

Rhino(notlongforthisboardifthingsdontchange)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Freedom Of Speech - Not In America or CVOHARLEY Anymore
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 07:38:09 PM »

I am now a probationary member, and was not only banned for 24, but my post(s) were deleted.  I got DixieChicked. Reason Used: Bashing another member. Well, frankly that term for penalty was used quite loosely, and I totally disagree, but when hotshot members lie or make misrepresentations, I feel a need to make corrections and reiterate that this website should not be relied on for 100% truths. But in any event, I thought the Freedom OF Speech, in any form, was protected by our Constitution. You see, every day in this country, we are slowly getting banned. Unless you are affected by it directly, you probably would not notice. But it is happening in our Washington administration on a daily basis.  Happened in the McCarthy era too, what did they call it....commmunist ideologies, thinking outside the government rules was verbotten. Was getting out of control. And now, it is happening again. Protesters are kept blocks away from any administrative events, only supporters are allowed.  When did this all happen.  I mean, even the KKK can hold an event and say what they want on a city street or wherever, and of course, protesters along the walks are yelling back. But, it is part of this great country, to be able, without prejudice, to present any viewpoint.

My argument might be viewed as different, because CVOHARLEY is privately owned. Oh, does that mean the Constitution is no longer valid? Does Blackwater stay above the law because they are private?  They are all choices that people may make.  This wonderful world of web has viewpoints from differing perspectives from all over the world.  Some people like Fox Noise, others like MSNBC.  It is a choice, it is free, but what we should all be fighting for is not what made Russia and China, but what we, America, stand for, to absolutely protect the sacred and hallowed grounds of the institution that is these United States.

We live in dangerous times.  People have to be cognizant of the loss of our rights, which happening seems to be precariously and thinly shrouded by keeping the sheeple together and the fear in front, reasons why we need to lose our rights for the sake of our safety. Well, with pure good comes some bad.  We cannot let topple our way of life, and the loss of our rights, even now as Habeus Corpus comes under attack.  It is our duty to defend at all costs, but it is also our duty to protect. 

But what started it all (banned) is truly unfortunate.  That those actual expert wrenches and tech's that exist here are overshadowed by those that feel the need to bust in on every post with their own opinions, unfortunately presented in such a way that it may be construed as fact.  Yes selling schtik in an eloquent way sometimes works, and it would be a shame to see some newbies swayed into the grips and clutches of those few that seem that the only thing they have to give is more schtik, like a game, to pass themselves off as experts, when the reality is they own 1 or 2 bikes, and have NEVER turned their own wrench, ever.  Yes that is a gripe, and it should be made clear that if someone makes claims, they ought to at least admit they have no personal experience, but rely only on what is heresay, what they are repeating from what others have told them, which ultimately, may have been just words from a shop just trying to sell.  And if they experience blown up bikes due to incompetence, they ought to mention that too.

Rhino(notlongforthisboardifthingsdontchange)

Amongst all your rambling you've made two very good points.....

1. This site is privately owned, and run they way the owner and administration see would be the best way to run it just like you would do your own house.

2. If you don't like the way it is run, you have the freedom to leave as you had the freedom to come. If you don't act according to the rules set up in this forum then you will be removed.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 07:40:22 PM »

yup you got banned for 24 hrs. get over it or get lost.

you decided to take a personal gripe against another member and make it public over and over to the point other members have complained.

you have no 1st ammendment right on this site or any other forum based web site. you agreed to that when you signed up. ( that agreement you clicked on without reading )

:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 09:36:58 PM »

Freedom of choice... it's a wonderful thing!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 10:29:17 PM »

Rhino.......I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you should never rely on any web site for 100% truths.  Forums are just peoples opinions.....not necessarily "truths".  Gotta sift through it all with a grain of salt.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 06:06:34 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 10:32:53 PM »

damned rhino, i thought i was king of banned. not here at cvo , but other forums. truth hurts, i missed the posts that obviously got you in trouble, but as i have learned---------truth will get you banned.

hope you get over it, i enjoy learning from all the folks here! 

besides, if you are gone---------------that leaves me as the only one here who likes thundermax!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 11:10:16 PM »

One of the many things I like about this site compared to the others I've visited is the very low incidence of flaming or bullying.  Some sites have a handful of people who basically run everyone else off with their obnoxious behavior, and the administration seems to not care.  At least for the 2.5 years I've been here, that is not the case with Neal's site.  For the most part, people treat other people with respect, even when disagreeing with them.  When someone does step over the line, Neal and his moderators do a good job of contacting the offender and taking whatever corrective action is appropriate.

Just because someone has a different opinion doesn't mean they are an automatic a$$hole who you can call out publicly like a gunfighter in the old westerns.  The site gives you the option of keeping your disagreement private, by using the PM function.  If an issue is such that you can't just ignore it and move on, use PM's to make your case and try to convince the other person to see things your way.  

BTW - I haven't run into anyone yet who was always right.  I got on a roll back in '75 and almost claimed that distinction, but unfortunately it's all gone downhill from there.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 11:52:28 PM »

While in Daytona for Octoberfest, I had the opportunity to meet a guy from the MoCo named Brad (?). Jorge, Gary (usa_eagle) and myself were admiring the new CVO Springer and started talking to the 'salesperson' standing there. We told him that we all owned CVO's and that Jorge had just bought a Springer sight unseen. While chatting, I asked him exactly what it was that he did for the MoCo. He proceeded to tell us that he was the guy that was responsible for procuring the parts for the CVO line once the engineers decided what items they wanted on the bike. We then asked him if he was aware of the site. He said that he was aware of FLHRSEI.org but that one could not believe all that was written here. There was a ton of questions that I would have liked to ask but felt that that was not the appropriate setting. However, it does lead me to my point. We do not know every thing here and there is a lot of misinformation as well as constructive chatter. I do not know what post lead to this particular topic. I do think though that we should take information here for what it's worth and try not to banter back and forth. We know that the MoCo watches this site and we should try and have some decorum and politeness about ourselves. We are after all the purchasers of Harley's top of the line product.

AJ

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 11:59:01 PM »

BTW - I haven't run into anyone yet who was always right.  I got on a roll back in '75 and almost claimed that distinction, but unfortunately it's all gone downhill from there.

Jerry

Jerry, I had two months in '83 and another six weeks in April and May of '95.  But that's it.  Anyone else?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 12:03:47 AM »

Oops, just noticed that Rhino MFG'd himself.  Guess there's nothing to talk about anymore (like there was that much to begin with).

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 05:42:36 AM »

Jerry, I had two months in '83 and another six weeks in April and May of '95.  But that's it.  Anyone else?

I thought I was wrong once,

but I was mistaken.  :2vrolijk_21:
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2007, 06:15:36 AM »

Oops, just noticed that Rhino MFG'd himself.  Guess there's nothing to talk about anymore (like there was that much to begin with).

wuts a MFG?

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2007, 06:36:04 AM »

I have no idea what happened to make this be the last straw, but it must have been pretty ugly and for that I am sorry.  Very sorry that a good friend has found that his anger of the moment forced him to delete his profile from this site, cause I for one, have really enjoyed my conversations with him.  Very much in fact. 

MFG was a member who was even more prolific at posting than Twolanerider or Fired00d.  One day he got in a tiff, wanted to take all his toys and go home, so he went about removing all his posts from the site and then deleting his profile from the site.  That caused a lot of problems for the board for a long time.  I don't think he ever came back.  For that, I am also sorry. 
When the slurs and slings are being slung, it is no fun for participants or the viewing public.   There are a lot of real nice people who never come back to this great forum over some quick response and I wish there was in fact a way for folks to just get up, walk away from the computer for a couple of days and not think about some misguided comment.  This is supposed to be a fun place.  It usually is.  Sometimes it isn't.  This is one of those "isn't" times.   

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 07:02:16 AM »

Mrs.WeCVO, thank you for explaining. i hope rhino calms and returns. us guys have a problem sometimes, our cahoonahs get larger than our brain.

having been banned elsewhere, it was because i told myself i wasnt gonna let someone get away with an attack----no matter the cost. looking back, i wish i had just went with diplomacy or silence, end result was it cost me some great cyberfriends!!!!! not being able to contain the caveman within has been a problem for many men, myself included :-[

SE08RK

• Banned
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2007, 09:01:17 AM »

I have no idea what happened to make this be the last straw, but it must have been pretty ugly and for that I am sorry.  Very sorry that a good friend has found that his anger of the moment forced him to delete his profile from this site, cause I for one, have really enjoyed my conversations with him.  Very much in fact. 

MFG was a member who was even more prolific at posting than Twolanerider or Fired00d.  One day he got in a tiff, wanted to take all his toys and go home, so he went about removing all his posts from the site and then deleting his profile from the site.  That caused a lot of problems for the board for a long time.  I don't think he ever came back.  For that, I am also sorry. 
When the slurs and slings are being slung, it is no fun for participants or the viewing public.   There are a lot of real nice people who never come back to this great forum over some quick response and I wish there was in fact a way for folks to just get up, walk away from the computer for a couple of days and not think about some misguided comment.  This is supposed to be a fun place.  It usually is.  Sometimes it isn't.  This is one of those "isn't" times.   

That makes so much sense, I think it needs to be posted again! Mrs.WeCVO, you are mature beyond your years. I guess that means the old wives tale about girls maturing earlier than boys has some truth after all. I never thought past the physical maturity! And yes, I remember what a chauvinist pig is too! Anyhow, thanks for that!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 21 queries.