Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Freedom Of Speech - Not In America or CVOHARLEY Anymore  (Read 6698 times)

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
Re: Freedom Of Speech - Not In America or CVOHARLEY Anymore
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2007, 05:02:56 PM »

I for one remember the MFG days and probably am in a minority saying I miss his involvement, but not at the expense of the drama so I can accept his leaving. Many have left this website or lost interest, some that come to mind: MFG, Glave, Buffy,  Cannibus_Mann, Doctor Evil-DJW, SHRADER, kng103,  I know some of these people still visit with not posting but I still miss there involvement and I know there are others I have forgot.

Since my involvement here on this website witch has been a while, I have had just a few occasions where someone has bashed or commented in a very ignorant way to a post I've made. I have responded to these in a lenient manor taking what I believe to be the high road. I honestly don't think it's worth my abrasively defending my being right or trying to force my opinion on anyone. I truly enjoy the fact that there is quite a bit of communication here not having much friction or negative comments, I believe the moderators are doing the very best job they can and I appreciate that. I have been on other forums where it's so abrasive its not much fun at all.

I have got so much from this site in the info I've received for my bikes and the friends I've obtained it makes coming here a total joy, I actually miss not being able to come here sometimes. Lets face it you can get help here from fixing your bike to refinishing your hardwood floors. I have had some great rides due to this website. I've made some very good friends I've had help and support in difficult times.

I have to tell you, I sometimes will re frame from arguing with my wife even when I believe I'm right, I have found I honestly can learn more from letting it go. I guess its one of those things that makes life more interesting and certainly more fun in having the ability to listen instead of talking.

Thanks all for all the contributions here, you guys give me so much to think about every day. A couple people here have pointed out some invaluable information here in that no one should get too serious. I remember leaving jobs in the past thinking that they couldn't get the job done without me and I found out that they survived just fine, if I let myself I can learn every day. You guys are the best.....thx.

Roy……..
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 05:04:55 PM by reo »

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2007, 05:05:37 PM »

you back on your feet roy?
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2007, 05:06:55 PM »

you back on your feet roy?
Gingerly.

Getting a little better everyday. Thanks naitram.

Roy....

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2007, 05:07:44 PM »

you'll be out riding before you know it  :2vrolijk_21:

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2007, 05:09:36 PM »

Lets face it, one has to re-learn how to ride before re-learning how to walk. ha ha ha

Roy......

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2007, 05:10:46 PM »

think of it as training wheels  :huepfenlol2:

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2007, 05:58:12 PM »

I for one remember the MFG days and probably am in a minority saying I miss his involvement, but not at the expense of the drama so I can accept his leaving. Many have left this website or lost interest, some that come to mind: MFG, Glave, Buffy,  Cannibus_Mann, Doctor Evil-DJW, SHRADER, kng103,  I know some of these people still visit with not posting but I still miss there involvement and I know there are others I have forgot.

Since my involvement here on this website witch has been a while, I have had just a few occasions where someone has bashed or commented in a very ignorant way to a post I've made. I have responded to these in a lenient manor taking what I believe to be the high road. I honestly don't think it's worth my abrasively defending my being right or trying to force my opinion on anyone. I truly enjoy the fact that there is quite a bit of communication here not having much friction or negative comments, I believe the moderators are doing the very best job they can and I appreciate that. I have been on other forums where it's so abrasive its not much fun at all.

I have got so much from this site in the info I've received for my bikes and the friends I've obtained it makes coming here a total joy, I actually miss not being able to come here sometimes. Lets face it you can get help here from fixing your bike to refinishing your hardwood floors. I have had some great rides due to this website. I've made some very good friends I've had help and support in difficult times.

I have to tell you, I sometimes will re frame from arguing with my wife even when I believe I'm right, I have found I honestly can learn more from letting it go. I guess its one of those things that makes life more interesting and certainly more fun in having the ability to listen instead of talking.

Thanks all for all the contributions here, you guys give me so much to think about every day. A couple people here have pointed out some invaluable information here in that no one should get too serious. I remember leaving jobs in the past thinking that they couldn't get the job done without me and I found out that they survived just fine, if I let myself I can learn every day. You guys are the best.....thx.

Roy……..

Bingo.

And we have cat puke too.

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2007, 08:01:46 PM »

wuts a MFG?

I,ll never forget how pissed off MFG (from wisconsin) was at me. I told him California had better cheese than wisconsin. He posted a page of stats and pitcures of ribbons won by wisconsin cheese makers. This went to PM,s where i told him california had happy cows cause the commercials out her say so!   I think he was a little thined skined--------------AK

,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2007, 08:08:17 PM »

I,ll never forget how pissed off MFG (from wisconsin) was at me. I told him California had better cheese than wisconsin. He posted a page of stats and pitcures of ribbons won by wisconsin cheese makers. This went to PM,s where i told him california had happy cows cause the commercials out her say so!   I think he was a little thined skined--------------AK

now thats funny. yall got comercials with cows bouncing gayly about?  hehehe

Gunny4Sawx

• Enjoy life, but don't neglect prayer.
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2007, 08:16:04 PM »

Dude, did you just question my fanhood?     ;D   
Governments are a lot like Robin Hood, stealing from the rich to give to the poor. My Mother taught me that stealing is wrong!
There is no profit in peace.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2007, 10:37:17 PM »

REO, MFG did bring some interesting facts to the board, that's for sure.  However, if you remember, he had an uncanny knack for quoting tech. articles and all kinds of scientific motorcycle mechanics and engineering and then he'd sign his name to the bottom of each of those posts (as though it came directly from him).  Of course, we had some members that were naive' enough about Harleys to believe that he did write it all.......until his covers were pulled.

As Andy indicated above, he could get offended real easy by anybody who questioned him or chllenged him.  He was certainly an interesting guy however, I don't miss all his drama.

Rednectum......yes, they have commercials out here about how happy the cows are, here in Cali.  They're really spoofs and funny as hell.  To give you an idea, I'll try to recite one of them for you however, know that I may not describe it near as well as it comes across on the tube. 

Two cows standing in a sunny, green pasture.....the younger one tells the older one "hey, check out the babe coming this way".  The older one tells the younger one "yea, she's a looker......I'll handle this one".  As the cow approaches, the older of the two says in one of those voices "hey baby, you work out?" as the cow walks on by, ignorring the two standing there.  The little guy says to the big guy "oh sure......you're so suave and sophisticated".

Then they have another one where a cow is going to leave sunny Calif. and go back to Wisconsin.  The cows in Calif. are sun bathing while the cows in Wis. are stuck in a snow storm and can't even move.

Funny commercials.........guess you gotta see them for yourself. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2007, 10:41:36 PM »

I remember that!  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:I was wondering what was up with all that! Now I know! ;D

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2007, 11:00:48 PM »

Two cows standing in a sunny, green pasture.....the younger one tells the older one "hey ........."

Funny commercials

Two bulls, one young one and one old one are standing on the hill, the younger says to the older "hey, look at all those cute cows down there, why don't we run down and .......

Ain't no commercial :huepfenjump3:

:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2007, 02:58:30 AM »

Lets face it, one has to re-learn how to ride before re-learning how to walk. ha ha ha

Roy......

Glad to see you home and up and about with any type of improvement and any degree of feeling better.  There is no such thing as minor surgery Roy; unless it's surgery done to someone else.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2007, 07:48:51 AM »

Level of maturity here to afford a CVO? Forget about it.. :bananarock:  and pass another Guinness  :drink:  lifes too short to be so serious.... :huepfenjump3:

:2vrolijk_21:  Enough said.
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 21 queries.