Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Freedom Of Speech - Not In America or CVOHARLEY Anymore  (Read 6735 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: Freedom Of Speech - Not In America or CVOHARLEY Anymore
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 10:41:19 AM »

...... I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken ........

Beat me to it and you are supposed to be resting .......................
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 10:43:01 AM »

He said that he was aware of FLHRSEI.org ............

AJ,

I have no doubt that the moco has a full time staff that keep an eye on all the forums related to their product
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

REGGAB

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 10:45:42 AM »

Having been......and in many ways still am.............the caveman, and having been one who has left CVO Harley only to come back, I'm experiencing some deja vu while reading this thread.  I knew before I departed that quitting is a permanent solution to a temporary challenge, but the equipment God gave to me includes a HEAVY dose of STRONG stubborness and an extreme "I ain't takin' chit from anyone" attitude.  My behavior was very pronounced prior to my enlistment in the Army, but was quickly quelled by the gentlemen Noncommissioned Officers wearing the "Brown Round" at Basic Training.  I managed to keep things in cheque until I completed Warrant Officer Candidate School and the subsequent professionally related training.  My first assignment as a fresh out of school WO1 was as a Production Control Officer in an Attack Aviation Battalion.  I was determined to succeed despite being the most junior officer in the battalion.  "Ain't no friggin' W4 gonna run my shop."  And they weren't trying to do that, but I couldn't see through my own bullchit to realize these wise, old, crusty Warrant Officers were really trying to help me succeed.  I was quickly slapped back into reality.  Needless to say, I finished out my Army career and did very well....better than most (at the risk of sounding like I'm tooting my own horn-----but facts are facts  ;D ).  Then I retired from the Army.  Had a job before I picked up my blue ID card.  The only thing I did the day I retired was take off the uniform, don a pair of trousers and a polo shirt and went right back to work doing the same thing I did before I retired.  Enter the caveman.....yadayadayada.
My point is, I'll probably never learn, especially when it comes to new situations, but once I get into that situation, puff up my chest, and get my a$$ handed to me for doing so, I rapidly become very productive.  Same goes for my experience here.  Puffed up my chest, acted like a teenager....young, dumb and full of ***.... (except I'm not really young---just feel that way) and the wise men gave me a dose of reality.  
Bottom line, deleting one's account just to suggest "I'll show you mo' fuggers" is perhaps the most immature action a CVO Harley family member can take.  It doesn't do anything but confirm in the entire family's eye that one's doing so is good riddance. Unfortunately, some of us.....me.....don't see that until it is too late.  Then we're left with regret.........."Now why did I just do that?"  "STOOOOOOPID!"
This place is a terrific resource when one takes what they read with a grain of salt.  It is best to check one's attitude at the splash screen, enter here, enjoy, contribute something useful, enjoy each other's company, vent, tell one's tales, and have a good time.  Destructive posting doesn't do anything but put everyone in a bad state of mind............and quitting because the offender is scolded doesn't do anything but confirm to the family that the person really is immature.   It is best to take the scolding and move on...........and if one can't get over the scolding, then perhaps it is best if one gets over oneself.  I have...........but I'll do the same thing again in a new situation.  Too friggin' hardheaded, I guess.

Have a great Saturday.

Henry

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon/Silver
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI Purple/Silver Flames
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 11:01:33 AM »

This is truly a great forum.  To debate is to dissent, and there is plenty of that here.  We all make our own decisions based on the information we have at hand and our past experiences. 

When I was first lurking here, there was a thread that was getting heated and one of the members was posting in all caps (I searched but can't find the link).  The responses to that were great -- I remember Hoist requested a couple of times for the guy to stop, and the way he wrote it sounded just right, not attacking but a simple request.  It was largely because of that one thread that I felt this would be a good forum for me -- one where members can disagree but not attack each other, only the problem, which is the focus of debate.

Thanks Neal for keeping a good house!  Too bad he's left before he realized what a mistake he was making.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 11:16:31 AM »

Oh chit, you mean everything I read on here isn't true??? Should I drain the beer out of the crankcase of my SEUC?
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2007, 11:29:10 AM »

Oh chit, you mean everything I read on here isn't true??? Should I drain the beer out of the crankcase of my SEUC?

:huepfenlol2: ;D :huepfenlol2: ;D Only if your using Corona's!

REGGAB

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2007, 11:32:21 AM »

:oops:  You must have used Miller Lite.  Bad choice.  Not as bad as SYN III, but still, not good.  Try filling your crankcase with Bass Ale!  Your engine will be very happy!!!!   ;D

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2007, 11:40:20 AM »

I did not read most of the replies and only the first part of Rhino's original post. I would like to add my 02 cents (FWIW). The absolute one biggest reason I joined this site and frequent it is the fact that there is no bashing here. I understand that when you get to the level of being able to afford a CVO bike there is normally a level of maturity it takes to be able to earn enough money to do so (this only reflects finances and in no way means a level of betterness as a person - in other words we are no better than any other rider of any other priced or brand bike). However, you will still have emotions and personality clashes from time to time and when those seem to get out of hand I for one appreciate the moderators for their moderating, even if that means you get banned for a season or for good.

I was a member (still am I guess) of 2 other motorcycle forums that pretty much allow anything and things are always getting out of hand. Therefore, I "take my business elsewhere" so to speak. After a long hard day the last thing I want to do is get into an "argument" with someone I will probably never meet about something that, in the scheme of things, really doesn't matter.

I love this site for not only the vast wealth of usefull information, but the camaraderie as well. The way we rally to one another's aide and yes from time to time, the way we must tell those who are unhappy here to "move on" if you feel the need.

Another thing I do love about this site is the fact that I can make my own mind up about whether or not I choose to accept something posted here as fact or opinion. I can choose to research it if I do not agree with it as truth and that then I can make an informed decesion about it.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2007, 11:56:49 AM »

:oops:  You must have used Miller Lite.  Bad choice.  Not as bad as SYN III, but still, not good.  Try filling your crankcase with Bass Ale!  Your engine will be very happy!!!!   ;D
I'm confused here. Knowing how much you like Yuengling's are you saying that only because you'd rather drank them or you don't think they would be good in the crankcase? :confused5: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2007, 11:58:01 AM »

wouldnt a nice heavy guiness be better in the crank case?
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2007, 12:23:11 PM »

No No No
Guinness in all three holes!!!!!!!!!

Guinness contains powerful corrosion preventatives, detergents, dispersants and anti-foam agents to protect engines from the harmful effects of water, acids, debris, deposit-forming materials and air entrained oil.

Guinness maintains a constant high level of performance over time because it resists the damage many beers undergo in high temperature, intense shearing force conditions.

Advanced thermal stability allows Guinness to withstand high heat, resisting viscosity buildup common to lesser-quality beers.

Superior shear stability allows Guinness to provide a dependable pad of protection between parts even after exposure to shearing forces that tear lesser beers apart.

Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2007, 01:58:36 PM »

I'd just like to point out that it's important to note the difference between people describing and commenting on what they've done to their own bikes, as opposed to, recommending what others should to do to their bikes. You must always make your own decisions on what to do with your own bike. But this place allows us to share so much info about many available options that allow us to make our own decisions. No reason for anyone to take another members shared experiences personally, regardless how we feel or whether we agree with, what that member did to their bike. Info is info and the more we have, the better we can make our own informed decisions. But they're our own decisions and we alone must live with the results and consequences. I for one welcome as much info I can get. But there's no reason for any of this to be personal. We should be thankful other members are willing to share! And that my friends is what this place is all about! SHARING!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 02:03:30 PM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2007, 02:01:37 PM »

Did someone say Guinness!  :) Why yes, I'll have another  :drink:

Rhino...when your done being mad, put hat in hand, acknowledge you let it get the best of you and move on. I for one would like to see you return after learning one of lifes little lessons. Hell it the big lessons that hurt.

JW

SE08RK

• Banned
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2007, 02:20:22 PM »

Level of maturity here to afford a CVO? Forget about it.. :bananarock:  and pass another Guinness  :drink:  lifes too short to be so serious.... :huepfenjump3:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 02:22:05 PM by SE08RK »

REGGAB

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2007, 02:29:19 PM »

I'm confused here. Knowing how much you like Yuengling's are you saying that only because you'd rather drank them or you don't think they would be good in the crankcase? :confused5: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

I think any of the Yuengling line would do well in any, or all, of the cavities..............but.............if there's Yuengling around, I'm gonna drink it before I share with Thumper.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 22 queries.