Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Anyone else getting THE RUNAROUND from corbin on these seats for our bikes???  (Read 6653 times)

GaLonghair

• Full CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide

The are several threads about this problem. They are having problems with the seats not fitting. :oops: Hope they fix it soon!
Lead, follow or get out of the way. But, do something!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4

Seems Interesting to me. Same answers im getting i have not been offered a refund though that would be nice. Problem is i ordered it through  a dealer. I am really starting to wonder about this company. What is wierd is when you call corbin some tell you there is problems others act like im crazy. It is really hard to believe that it is this hard to spend 500.00 dollars. I guess it just plains sucks.

Tell them you want some dough...I tols them I needed it to buy a mustang seat...but I am an ahole.

Miker

BlueFlames

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 flhrse3 blue

I ordered mine at Sturgis - same seat -same bike.  Have talked to them twice.   They told me it doesn't fit right and they can't find an 07 SERK to come in and finish it up. 
"Chrome is like clevage.......too much is not enough"

miker

• 5k CVO Member

I ordered mine at Sturgis - same seat -same bike.  Have talked to them twice.   They told me it doesn't fit right and they can't find an 07 SERK to come in and finish it up. 

A bike was supposed to be available the 3rd week of October for a fit check.   :o
I wonder what excuse is next... I am owed a phone call from yesterday 10.30.  >:(

Miker

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT

Well this is my first foray into new seats. I ordered mine the Monday of Biketoberfest and was told 3 weeks. That will be this coming Monday. I'm excited to have a comfortable seat for me and momma. Also it should look great. I hope this all works out for me and the others on delivery. And by the way I have an 02.  Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

miker

• 5k CVO Member

You should have no problem Q, unless they reached a morass of administratium there
and can't get anything done due to a high concentration of morons spun off of the peons.

My seat for my 03 arrived 10 days after ordering, so good luck and happy buttocks.

Miker

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!

I was at Cobin in Hollister last week. Ya'll should be happy to hear that they got an '07 SERK to use to get the seat design right. Mike Corbin himself assured me they have it straightened out. They even pulled my order and were holding my seat to make sure it went out per the latest design. It shouldn't be long now. Let's hope they got it right! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

I was at Cobin in Hollister last week. Ya'll should be happy to hear that they got an '07 SERK to use to get the seat design right. Mike Corbin himself assured me they have it straightened out. They even pulled my order and were holding my seat to make sure it went out per the latest design. It shouldn't be long now. Let's hope they got it right! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

That's kind of cool that Mike Corbin himself fondled your seat for you while you were there ??? .

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS

That's kind of cool that Mike Corbin himself fondled your seat for you while you were there ??? .

What is so special about that?  Howie will let anyone fondle his seat.   :nervous:

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member

You guys and your seats kill me -- It ain't the seat it's the bike  ;D Change it if you like it just won't make and difference except remove the excess lump in your left back pocket. That's why the aftermarket seat replacement is so strong. ;D

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

What is so special about that?  Howie will let anyone fondle his seat.   :nervous:

I am soooo not going to ask how Travis knows this....  ???

GaLonghair

• Full CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide

My solo sear arrived today  ;D Fit like a charm and mounted in less than 10 minutes. Only had to wait about 14 weeks!
Lead, follow or get out of the way. But, do something!

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

My solo sear arrived today  ;D Fit like a charm and mounted in less than 10 minutes. Only had to wait about 14 weeks!

Now, we wait the pics !

:worthless:

********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)

You guys and your seats kill me -- It ain't the seat it's the bike  ;D Change it if you like it just won't make and difference except remove the excess lump in your left back pocket. That's why the aftermarket seat replacement is so strong. ;D

Wayne...for the life of me, I don't understand how you can say this... :nixweiss:  It hasn't got anything to do with the bike, but everything to do with how the bike fits each individual ass, and how well the seat supports a given ass.  It hasn't got anything to do with rationalization, justification, or any other cognitive dissonance issue, and everything to do with whether my tailbone is killing me after 100 miles, or after 700 miles, or not at all.  I could not sit on the stock seat for more than 150 miles without EXCRUTIATING pain, and the Corbin does not cause me that pain.  It hasn't got anything to do with my wallet being thinner either.

I had to change the seat on my Ducati too, and chose a Corbin...much improvement, and I rarely rode the bike more than 150 miles at a time.  Perhaps a Wing or Beemer seat might work perfectly for me, but from what I've seen, they would probably be too wide to fit me well.  

I've also changed my bars out, because the stock bars did not fit my riding position well...my wallet is lighter from that too, but my shoulders tell me it was money well spent.  It's all about the ergonomics...like saying a bench seat out of a 48 pickup truck will work well for everyone out there...I mean, I COULD sit on an applecrate bolted to the floorboard of my car, but choose something a little more comfortable.

The stock seat, handlebars, backrest, etc, does indeed work well for some people, but not for all.  You ride a lot of miles, so I am glad that the stock seat is working well for you, but making a generalized, sweeping statement about people wasting money on aftermarket seats is going a bit far, IMO, and I do not understand how such a statement can be seriously made.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR

I definitely agree, after 150 miles on the original seat I was dying. Bought a Corbin and it made all the difference in the world.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 20 queries.