Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kuryakyn neck covers?  (Read 1975 times)

drl07se

Kuryakyn neck covers?
« on: October 30, 2007, 08:54:37 PM »

Has anyone put the Kuryakyn neck frame covers on an 07 SERK? When I talked to Kuryakyn they said they had encountered fitment problems with the part on 07 Road Kings and that the part had been modified to work and was now available. But she couldn't say if the part would specifically fit an 07 SERK. She said she assumed if it fit a road king that it would fit a SERC. Based on some of the threads Ive read here you cant count on that always being the case. Not sure if the internal wiring in the handlebars results in anything different in the neck area or not.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Kuryakyn neck covers?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 08:58:17 PM »

Has anyone put the Kuryakyn neck frame covers on an 07 SERK? When I talked to Kuryakyn they said they had encountered fitment problems with the part on 07 Road Kings and that the part had been modified to work and was now available. But she couldn't say if the part would specifically fit an 07 SERK. She said she assumed if it fit a road king that it would fit a SERC. Based on some of the threads Ive read here you cant count on that always being the case. Not sure if the internal wiring in the handlebars results in anything different in the neck area or not.

Check out Travis's thread here:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=17182.msg273530#msg273530

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 11:51:02 AM »

Check out Travis's thread here:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=17182.msg273530#msg273530

Dang, that is one sharp bike... :2vrolijk_21:... :apple:... :D

I didn't have any problems installing the neck cover, it should work fine.

drl07se

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 05:51:07 PM »

Thanks for the info. The chrome cover looks great on your bike Travis. If it looks that good on what is nearly the hottest looking SERK ever built, (the red one) then it should look even better on the hottest SERK ever built, (the blue one).   

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 06:44:15 PM »

Thanks for the info. The chrome cover looks great on your bike Travis. If it looks that good on what is nearly the hottest looking SERK ever built, (the red one) then it should look even better on the hottest SERK ever built, (the blue one).   

Travis, you've been called out buddy ??? !

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 03:15:09 PM »

Travis, you've been called out buddy ??? !

Hey, don't worry about me, he's basically saying that Howie's black bike is 3rd.   :'(

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 03:53:32 PM »

Hey, don't worry about me, he's basically saying that Howie's black bike is 3rd.   :'(

oh yeah, I didn't think about it that way.  Hell, if he's picking on Howie it's all fine then :huepfenlol2: .

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 06:40:23 PM »

Well, I am definately 3rd when it comes to that chrome crap! But when it comes to putting the tire to the pavement, I DON'T THINK SO!!!

Even when my bike's broke it'll leave them chrome trophy bikes behind. Ya'll better hope it never gets fixed! ;) :P ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 06:51:15 PM »

Well, I am definately 3rd when it comes to that chrome crap! But when it comes to putting the tire to the pavement, I DON'T THINK SO!!!

Even when my bike's broke it'll leave them chrome trophy bikes behind. Ya'll better hope it never gets fixed! ;) :P ;D

Hoist! 8)

Your bike, or at least black bikes, was one thing I remember talking with Travis about when I saw his neck cover.  It's a big beautiful piece of chrome covering a lot of real estate.  Everyone's tastes are different of course.  As good as it looked personally I kind of hated it seeing it cover up that red paint to match frame so much.  On a black framed bike it might be even better than it is on Travis's beautiful red ride.

drl07se

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 08:06:02 PM »

I sure as @&%$ ain't picking no horse power fight with Hoist. I saw his dyno sheet.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 12:01:12 PM »

I sure as @&%$ ain't picking no horse power fight with Hoist. I saw his dyno sheet.

I don't pick fights with Howie because he can ride circles around me (straigt lines too), but if we're racing on dyno sheets mine will keep up with Howie.   :coolblue:

I just can't wait for Cybil to get done so I can take her out for a test ride.   :2vrolijk_21:

drl07se

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 07:40:39 PM »

Well, if Howie is such a marvelous rider and your such a rookie, why don't you pay Howie to give you riding lessons??? Considering how much money he has dumped into his SERK to get a few extra horses he could probably use the cash!! Howie, if you could care less if your bike looks like an unpolished turd as long as it can put the rubber to the road as you say, why didn't you just buy a Hayabusa? Heck of a lot cheaper and even a rookie like goofyrider (sorry, I think that was ghostrider), could smoke your "07A SERK" riding one of those things. 

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 22 queries.