Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: New FXR3 Rider  (Read 9214 times)

armyjosh04

New FXR3 Rider
« on: March 10, 2005, 06:51:35 AM »

I guess I'm the new guy now. Last week I purchased my first Harley - a FXR3. It's the green version, and has only 950 miles on it. The thing is spotless, and I knew I had a deal when I saw it online. I don't actually get to ride my bike for about a year, because I'm over here in Iraq with the Army.

I'd like to get more general info about the FXR, as well as some particulars. I'd like to put saddlebags on, but I'm not sure what type of brackets and bags to get in order to clear the shocks. Any ideas? Any other necessary upgrades you guys can think of?

Josh

RedFXR2

Re: New FXR3 Rider
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 09:05:37 AM »

I guess I'm the new guy now. Last week I purchased my first Harley - a FXR3. It's the green version, and has only 950 miles on it. The thing is spotless, and I knew I had a deal when I saw it online. I don't actually get to ride my bike for about a year, because I'm over here in Iraq with the Army.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 02:23:58 PM by RedFXR2 »

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 09:53:16 AM »

First of all ...thanks for all you do!! Thanks for serving your country! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Second ...Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the site. You have a very special bike as others have already said.

Come home safe! [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 12:55:25 PM »

I've never been fortunate to get to ride one of the FX CVO bikes.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 03:18:14 PM by twolanerider »

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 11:42:40 PM »

Thank you for serving our great country.  It's because of people like you in the military, that all of us on this site have the freedom to ride our bikes.  Congrats on the new bike.
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!

armyjosh04

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 01:29:20 PM »

Thanks for all of the advice. I think I'm going to go with a pair of leather bags I found on the HD sight. I'm hoping to get home in September for R&R and get a few rides in. After that it will be back to fighting the good fight for a few more months until I come home for good. I'm stationed in Georgia, but ride up to Virginia and the Blue Ridge Parkway as often as I can. Please pass any other advice my way, and let me know of any good rides in 2006!

armyjosh04

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 01:30:57 PM »

Oh yeah - thanks for all of the support. We're fighting for America, and we appreciate all the Patriots back there who support us and what we do.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 06:21:01 PM »

Oh yeah - thanks for all of the support. We're fighting for America, and we appreciate all the Patriots back there who support us and what we do.

Hey Josh, you've stumbled in to a pretty good group of folks here who will also, in that same vein, occasionally give you a fair amount of good natured bovine fecies.  In that vain (bovine fecies) let me just say that if you need anyone to make sure that FX gets washed and waxed and her oil changed and that she gets ridden enough to keep her limbered up and ready for you than you just let me know.  It'd be my honor to help another guy out that way   [smiley=laugh.gif] .  Just to show what a good guy I can be there wouldn't even be any charge for all that help and love.   Not even one thin dime.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

RedFXR2

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2005, 08:04:14 PM »

... if you need anyone to make sure that FX gets washed and waxed and her oil changed and that she gets ridden enough to keep her limbered up and ready for you than you just let me know.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2005, 08:43:37 PM »

Nice try. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

RedFXR2

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2005, 08:46:14 PM »

But it's free

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2005, 11:22:46 PM »

I think you stepped into some of those bovine feces you were talking about, 2lane! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2005, 03:32:10 AM »

I think you stepped into some of those bovine feces you were talking about, 2lane! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

How do ya like that.  Just trying to help out a brother by offering to pamper his bike and get zinged on 752,821 free meals I'm going to be stuck for in the Smoky Mountains again.  Parts of me are getting so worried that I'm going to pucker up so tight that Corbin seat won't make it all the way there  [smiley=nervous.gif]

armyjosh04

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2005, 02:06:18 PM »

Wow - you know you've come across a good group when they offer to keep your bike "warm" for you while your gone! All that TLC for my bike at no charge, I must be a lucky guy.

armyjosh04

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2005, 02:07:22 PM »

By the way those pictures are awesome, I'm going to put them up in our bunker.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.