Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No Power under the seat - Accessory connector  (Read 1754 times)

bpalmersheim

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames
No Power under the seat - Accessory connector
« on: November 09, 2007, 08:01:20 PM »

I just discovered that I have no power under the seat with the auxiliary/accessory connector that is tucked under the seat.

I am trying to wire up some LED lights off this connector.  I have the MoCo auxiliary/accessory connector from the cigarette lighter that they sell… I snipped off the spade connectors and attached my LED light connector and discovered that I had no power.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441845703&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309041113&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309041113&bmUID=1194656398413&bmLocale=en_US

I have checked all the obvious, fuses under the left side cover and they are fine.  I even did a continuity check through the fuse to make sure that it was okay.

With either with the ignition switch on and in the aux or ignition position, I have no power to the connector as measured with my VOM.

I even moved my LED light controller to another 12V power source and it works without issue.

Hmmm…  Any ideas?  Am I missing something here?
2007 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames

United States Army Retired (4x Combat Veteran)
CVMA, H.O.G. Member, Patriot Guard Rider

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: No Power under the seat - Accessory connector
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 08:12:17 PM »

I just discovered that I have no power under the seat with the auxiliary/accessory connector that is tucked under the seat.

I am trying to wire up some LED lights off this connector.  I have the MoCo auxiliary/accessory connector from the cigarette lighter that they sell… I snipped off the spade connectors and attached my LED light connector and discovered that I had no power.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441845703&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309041113&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309041113&bmUID=1194656398413&bmLocale=en_US

I have checked all the obvious, fuses under the left side cover and they are fine.  I even did a continuity check through the fuse to make sure that it was okay.

With either with the ignition switch on and in the aux or ignition position, I have no power to the connector as measured with my VOM.

I even moved my LED light controller to another 12V power source and it works without issue.

Hmmm…  Any ideas?  Am I missing something here?

The Ultra guys have discussed having two connectors there beneath the seat.  One for the seat and one standard accessory connector.  Don't know if the SERK is the same way but couldn't hurt to eyeball everything very closely to make sure.  Would expect power at either plug.

Most likely things I'd consider would be the following though.  Even though it's dumb and you've likely already considered it check the toggle on the back side of the nacelle.  It might just be turned off.  Otherwise I'd not automatically assume Harley assembled either of the plugs correctly.  If you've not checked each leg looking for power I'd do that too.  Might just be looking in the wrong hole.

bpalmersheim

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 08:28:34 PM »

The Ultra guys have discussed having two connectors there beneath the seat.  One for the seat and one standard accessory connector.  Don't know if the SERK is the same way but couldn't hurt to eyeball everything very closely to make sure.  Would expect power at either plug.

Most likely things I'd consider would be the following though.  Even though it's dumb and you've likely already considered it check the toggle on the back side of the nacelle.  It might just be turned off.  Otherwise I'd not automatically assume Harley assembled either of the plugs correctly.  If you've not checked each leg looking for power I'd do that too.  Might just be looking in the wrong hole.

Yep, you hit it right on the head!  It was the left side nacelle switch!  Thanks again!
2007 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames

United States Army Retired (4x Combat Veteran)
CVMA, H.O.G. Member, Patriot Guard Rider

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 08:43:56 PM »

Yep, you hit it right on the head!  It was the left side nacelle switch!  Thanks again!

Outstanding!  I love simple solutions :bananarock: !

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 06:47:37 AM »

it's also a good thing for the rest of us serk owners to know.  thanks :apple:

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 06:21:57 PM »

The right side switch is pre wired to the auxilliary lamp connector in the nacelle that many of us have used when adding the aux. lamps to the SERK.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 22 queries.