Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]

Author Topic: To Paint or Not To Paint. That is the Question......  (Read 46165 times)

jonga

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: To Paint or Not To Paint. That is the Question......
« Reply #510 on: February 21, 2008, 09:52:54 PM »

Well I got off the fence today... I should have a price quote tomorrow to turn my blk street glide into an opp mirror view of a pumpkin. That will be orange graphics on my black bike. Haven'y decided on pin stripes flames and what color they should be. Main thing is the guy has some time now!!! and it doesn't require a complete tear-down. I've got a ride with JC and a bunch of guys and gals in April. Time will tell......Jon    (PICs coming)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #511 on: February 22, 2008, 08:02:40 AM »

Well I got off the fence today... I should have a price quote tomorrow to turn my blk street glide into an opp mirror view of a pumpkin. That will be orange graphics on my black bike. Haven'y decided on pin stripes flames and what color they should be. Main thing is the guy has some time now!!! and it doesn't require a complete tear-down. I've got a ride with JC and a bunch of guys and gals in April. Time will tell......Jon    (PICs coming)
:bananarock: :bananarock: :worthless: :worthless: :bananarock: :bananarock:

:indian_chief:

jonga

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #512 on: February 28, 2008, 02:22:12 AM »

Can anybody give me some input on color choices.... I'm putting orange SEEG graphics on my black street glide, wondering what color I should use for strip between the orange & black and also what color to do the flames in ? I was thinking silver or platinum for strip and maybe gray or charcoal for pinstrips.... open for sugestion if any one has one ....... :confused5: :P :nixweiss: thanks in advance.... Jon

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #513 on: February 28, 2008, 07:51:43 AM »

Can anybody give me some input on color choices.... I'm putting orange SEEG graphics on my black street glide, wondering what color I should use for strip between the orange & black and also what color to do the flames in ? I was thinking silver or platinum for strip and maybe gray or charcoal for pinstrips.... open for sugestion if any one has one ....... :confused5: :P :nixweiss: thanks in advance.... Jon

That's a hard one because it's such a personal choice. I relied on the designer to pick the individual colors and was very happy with the results. I'm an engineer and not an artist so I know not to try to do an artist's job.

As you like it that's all that matters. I'm sure it will be awesome when you're done with it.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #514 on: February 28, 2008, 07:56:52 AM »

chief

when you gonna be done putting that bike back together?

don't want it taking on a cybil aura

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #515 on: February 28, 2008, 08:11:22 AM »

chief

when you gonna be done putting that bike back together?

don't want it taking on a cybil aura

Just got going Monday evening since I was waiting on the swingarm brackets from Sumax.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #516 on: February 28, 2008, 08:20:21 AM »

Just got going Monday evening since I was waiting on the swingarm brackets from Sumax.

Cool!
I like (and know you do) progress!

CHL is not far off!

:2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 08:27:04 AM by Silver-Black »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #517 on: February 28, 2008, 08:30:14 AM »

Cool!
I like (and know you do) progress!

CHL is not far off!

:2vrolijk_21:

I'll be ready.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #518 on: February 29, 2008, 11:31:06 PM »

Jon...a nice flake silver with flake charcoal/slate color would be nice, IMO   :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

jonga

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #519 on: March 01, 2008, 01:33:54 AM »

Thanks for the input, I'm going with silver mf for sure next to next orange...... I'm meeting JC tomorrow to talk to a painter about color and pinstripes. Hopeing to see orange and silver on my tins on tues or weds. :2vrolijk_21: I'm going to get a little help getting some pics on site thanks to JC, I'm hopeing. Starting to get excited   :orange: :2vrolijk_21:.....Jon

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #520 on: March 01, 2008, 02:06:11 PM »

If you pick up a factory sales brochure, you will see all of the striping colors listed along with primary colors and panel colors. While the MoCo isn't the only arbiter of good taste, it's a good starting point to see what goes with what.

b B

jonga

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #521 on: March 02, 2008, 02:14:10 AM »

Thanks for the suggestion Spiderman, I'm going to check that out. I checked out a color sample test today with 1,2,3 coats of gold pearl over the orange. I choose the light, 1 coat of pearl so the orange stayed bright. The 2 & 3 coats started turning it duller with yellow tint. Now I just need to leave them alone so they can get color done. Talked JCs pinstriper today.....guy seems real talented , had a nice shop with alot of artwork on walls of all the work he's done. Some awesome stuff. If I decide to go with striping , I'll probably let him tell me what He'd do......Leave it to those that know.....He definitely has a gift...... Can't wait to see some color on my black tins..... :orange:  :2vrolijk_21: Jon
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.