CVO Technical > Drive Train

Compensator nut broke

(1/3) > >>

hogasm:
Torque at 105lbs and bam.....the broken part is still on the crank.

naitram:
thats a problem....... how bad does it look on the shaft?

hogasm:

--- Quote from: naitram on November 07, 2007, 06:19:40 PM ---thats a problem....... how bad does it look on the shaft?

--- End quote ---

Neil, I can't get the adapter that the compensator slides onto to even get to the threads. Have the bike loaded up to take to a friend of mine that has a machine shop. Hopefully we can get things apart without having to pull the motor and split the cases.

Mightsplit the cases anyway, since I wanted to powdercoat the cases this winter, Remember the easy off oven cleaner screw up on the Nelson trip.

Guess I could kill two birds with a dozen stones this time :coolblue:

naitram:
sounds like a good excuse to go the extra mile. iw as thinking if you can get any access to the other half of the nut you could tray and weld something up to to get some leverage to back it out

hogasm:

--- Quote from: naitram on November 07, 2007, 06:57:18 PM ---sounds like a good excuse to go the extra mile. iw as thinking if you can get any access to the other half of the nut you could tray and weld something up to to get some leverage to back it out

--- End quote ---

The compensator nut slides over a shaft extension. That extension is stuck on the crank. The sprocket nut broke under that extension. Maybe some heat will bread up the red locktite so I can remove the extension. If I can remove the extension, things are easy from there :2vrolijk_21:

Still a pain in the azz

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version