Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23

Author Topic: The Hoists Do NorCal!  (Read 18643 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
The Hoists Do NorCal!
« on: November 12, 2007, 09:38:27 AM »

Hey gang, we're back! Did you miss us? ::) ;D

We had a fantastic trip to NorCal last week. It started off with a bang! About 20 members showed up to meet us for breakfast last Sat morning! It was really great meeting the West Coast gang! We BS'd for about an hour then it was time to pickup the bike we rented for 5 days. After we picked up the bike, we headed over to Metal Dragon, Jim's new shop. I know that if we wind up in Norcal, that we have a great place to bring the bikes to! After saying our goodbyes, JCZ, AK Binx and I headed to Yosemite National Park.

JC is a fantastic tour guide! He really knows his way around NorCal! Knows all the great backroads and where all the great riding roads are. He led us to Yosemite. Then afterwards, we stayed in a cool town called Jamestown, known for it's filming of many Hollywood Western Movies and TV shows. We rode some great roads back, and Rt 49 thru the old mining towns, toward Sacramento. En route, AK split off to head home. We stopped by JC's place and met Terry and grabbed some lunch, before heading back on the road. Destination Willets for the evening to start the day in the Redwoods.

We rode up to Garberville, which is at the Southern start of the ride thru the Redwoods, Avenue of the Giants. What a place that was too! It was about 35deg when we started off but we were having so much fun, we didn't feel a thing! After riding thru there, we headed back down to the Bay Area. We stopped to say hi to a friend in San Rafael, before winding up with AK in Cupertino, near San Jose.

What great folks the AK's are! Andy and Sherry opened up their beautiful home to us for the evening. We stayed there overnight, then headed down the coast the next morning with Andy and SanJose Duke. They rode a little while with us before heading back home. Binx and I continued down the coast, past San Simeon, and stayed in a quaint little inn right on the ocean in Cambria. The next morning, we head back to San Simeon to tour the Hearst Castle. And a cute little house it was!

We left Hearst Castle and headed across to 101N to 198E to pick up Rt 25N to Hollister. Well, we weren't warned about the gas situation there. Got off 101 with just under a half tank. Immediately saw a sign that said Next Service 51 Miles. No problem I thought until we got about 30 miles, and the turn for Rt 25N, where we were greeted by another sign that said Next Service 53 miles. Looked at Binx and said "We're screwed!" I started up Rt 25 and was still having fun on the great twisty road. When I got to 1/4 tank, that gage dropped like a rock. It went from 1/4 to E in no time. Was riding with the fuel light on for what seemed an eternity. I used my best fuel management techniques, and nursed it another 25 miles, where we found a Ca Ranger Rescue Station. Not above begging, I pulled in an finagled 2 gals of fuel from these brave fire fighters in the backwoods, which got us to Hollister.

Hollister was a cool town. We went on a tour of the Corbin Factory. The people there are extremely cordial. Then we got to meet Mike Corbin. he knows CVOHarley, and rolled out his B/O Jester for a couple of pics with him! We left there and headed over to Johnny's Bar, "where it all began"! Cool place! Then we headed back north to AK's, where they were gracious enough to have us for another evening. Then next morning we headed back to Oakland to drop the bike off at Drons HD. Had 1500 miles on the bike when we returned it after the 5 days. But we got to see everything we wanted to. CVO Joe came by to meet us before we grabbed the BART back to SF.

SF was a business trip, and got to spend some time at Alcatraz and Fisherman's Wharf. But the memories of the 5 days travelling by bike and meeting the West Coast Gang will never fade! I can't thank Andy and JC enough for their help in making our trip so unforgettable. We can't wait to have them to NYC so we can rteturn the favor someday! It was great meeting the other Western Members too. We look forward to many more CVOHarley GTG's in the future. We have the best people in the world here. One day I hope to meet each and every one of you!

Sit back now and check out the pics from the trip. There's plenty of them, so enjoy! If you get sick of them, change the channel! ::)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: The Hoists Do NorCal!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 09:42:40 AM »

The first morning at breakfast.

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 09:43:19 AM »

!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 09:43:45 AM »

!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 09:44:18 AM »

At Metal Dragon, Jim's Shop.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 09:45:10 AM »

!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 09:45:37 AM »

!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 09:46:03 AM »

!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 09:46:32 AM »

En Route to Yosemite!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 09:47:00 AM »

!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 09:47:24 AM »

!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 09:47:50 AM »

!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 09:48:22 AM »

!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 09:48:56 AM »

!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 09:49:27 AM »

!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 22 queries.