Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bub 7 2 into 2  (Read 2679 times)

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
Bub 7 2 into 2
« on: March 11, 2008, 08:15:58 PM »

Looking for your input. I've spent lot's time evaluating replacement for my stock pipes on my '08 Springer.  Long story short, I like the looks of the Bub 7 2 into 2 pipes (http://www.bub.com/Motorcycles/Harley/Softail/05-7020/05-7020.html).  I looked at the V&H Big Radius and their 2:1, the D&D Fatcats (2:1), and the Rineharts (2:1).  On the web you can find sound clips for most of them, except the Bub 7 2 into 2's, which I'm inclined to buy.

Bub tells me the 2 into 2's run at 96 decibels, running to 107 DB at 2500 RPM.  Not quite the rumble of the 2:1's but good, and a little quieter.  I don't want super loud, just loud and rumble.

While I haven't liked the look of the drag pipe, I've not been thrilled with the look of the 2:1 pipe on the Springer. 

I really like the look of the Bub 2 into 2 pipe.  Gonna pull the trigger, but before doing so thought I check with the crowd to see if there's any strongly negative opinions out there.

I'm probably fussing around with all this cause my bike's sitting in my garage and the snow keeps falling.   Less than two weeks to spring.

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Bub 7 2 into 2
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 10:36:38 AM »

With regards to the looks of the Bub 7 2:2 pipes - I think they look great and if you prefer the looks of a 2:2 exhaust, don't hesisitate to buy them. You'll typically get better performance out of a 2:1 pipe. I have the V&H Pro Pipe BP and I am really satisfied with the excellent quality, looks and sound they produce. I dropped it off at my tuner yesterday for PCIIUSB and Dyno. He said that he had another 08' CVO Springer there with a different exhaust set-up and he was interested as to which bike will end up producing better numbers. I will ask him to identify the exhaust and see if he will provide me the dyno results on the other bike when I pick my bike up tomorrow and I'll post the results here.

old wrench

• Full CVO Member
  • You gota make this work together to get there fast

• CVO1: 2008 FSXTSSE2 Orange
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 11:11:26 AM »

I put a VH Big Radius pip on mine and modified the baffle it has a good sound running up and a nice rumble while cruising. I like the way the tip is shaped it keep exhaust gas from hitting the rim, I have had shorter pipes in the past and if you don't stay on top of rim protection it will start to pit it. The Buds are a good pipe and well balanced, but like always a 2 into 1 is a proformer and if your going to run stock cams that 110 needs all the help it can get.

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 07:36:41 PM »

Thanks, fellas.  I knew the 2:1 has greater performance.  Hadn't heard about the rim pitting from the short pipes.  I'll do a little more digging on that count.  We've got nothing but shine on those rims and I don't want to screw that up.

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 22 queries.