Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All

Author Topic: New Windshield !!  (Read 33657 times)

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
New Windshield !!
« on: November 12, 2007, 11:07:51 PM »

Another Pomona scoop  :apple:  Trask Performance will be making this windshield in the near future. I'm sorry the pics don't do it justice but it will give you a hint. The whole thing is molded around the radio pod and the lip is much further back than stock.   Doc
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 11:14:26 PM by grandpadoc »

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

Re: New Windshield !!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 11:09:01 PM »

...from the back

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 11:13:32 PM »

Looks pretty sporty!  Got any shots from a few steps back?  What about sizes, will they have taller ones?

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 11:18:57 PM »

103, I didn't care for the bike that much, but here it is from a distance. Not sure about sizes.  Doc
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 11:21:07 PM by grandpadoc »

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 11:48:55 PM »

Is this not the same windshield I posted here??? Didn't seem like anyone was interested in the info when I posted it.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=17927.0

Available in two sizes in two colors designed by Brian Klock of Klock Werks. Will be available via Drag Specialties soon. Called WFB flare windshield, $169 retail.

(edit) I'd go for the low one Brian (/edit)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 12:17:15 AM »

Roy, I'm pretty sure it's 2 different shields.  The one up above in this thread looks like it's all smoked plexiglass.  The one you posted a photo of in the other thread looks to have a solid black trim piece around the base.  Similar shapes, but the one grandpadoc posted looks a little slicker, at least to my eye.

At the end of the day, I'm probably just going to do the Clearview.  I'm impressed enough with the way that the Eurolip works with the one on the SEEG that it's tough to think about doing anything else.  Still maintains a stock look, too, more so that these two options.  (Gotta keep Gary, the "Mod Police," off my a$$. ;) :D)

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 12:39:26 PM »

Brian,

You'r probably right about the shields being different. The pictures supplied don't really show much, but you've got a good eye. I saw the trim piece on the WFB shield but forgot about it, looks kind of bogus. I really couldn't tell if the pic of the Trask shield was black or just dark smoke. With these shields being so new and not much info on them I would think they could change before being available.

Roy.....

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 09:21:26 PM »

Reo, The shield I posted looks like it has more rounded transition points and it was opaque. The one on your link looks to have sharp transitions. Very similar though !  Doc

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 11:29:07 PM »

Reo, The shield I posted looks like it has more rounded transition points and it was opaque. The one on your link looks to have sharp transitions. Very similar though !  Doc

I want to buy one any idea when one can be got.

OTIS

Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2007, 08:08:29 PM »

Otis, They said soon. You might want to look at their website to get a telephone number.  Doc
http://www.turboyourharley.com
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 08:13:14 PM by grandpadoc »

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2007, 08:23:11 PM »

If a windshield measures 8", is that the overall distance or the distance above the molding? Mine is 9" but that 8" looks way shorter. I'd like to get a 12" smoke but worry about that one being too tall and either in my eyeline or above it making night riding a pain. Thinking the 8" may be too low but with that flare at the top it may be the same as my 9". ?? :nixweiss:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2007, 08:32:31 PM »

If a windshield measures 8", is that the overall distance or the distance above the molding? Mine is 9" but that 8" looks way shorter. I'd like to get a 12" smoke but worry about that one being too tall and either in my eyeline or above it making night riding a pain. Thinking the 8" may be too low but with that flare at the top it may be the same as my 9". ?? :nixweiss:

Rob

I was told to measure from the very top to the very bottom with the shield off the bike. Any other way you can get different measurements. I added the chrome trim part that's about two inches wide so to get a true measurement I took it off. I ordered a 14" Clearview w/recurve. Great company but 7 to 8 weeks delivery try's my patience.
From what I have read here on the site it's worth the wait.

S
  /
    B

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2007, 08:45:41 PM »

SB,

Thanks! I also have the 2" chrome piece as well and cannot remember where I measured from at the moment.  :P I like to get as much shield as I can without having to look through it so I don't have to worry about it fogging up or getting "buggy" on me and blocking my view. The one I have now I think is the stock tallest one and then my dealer had it cut down three inches for me. But I may have the shorter one on???? :nixweiss: ;D I'm SO confused!!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2007, 09:02:10 PM »

SB,

Thanks! I also have the 2" chrome piece as well and cannot remember where I measured from at the moment.  :P I like to get as much shield as I can without having to look through it so I don't have to worry about it fogging up or getting "buggy" on me and blocking my view. The one I have now I think is the stock tallest one and then my dealer had it cut down three inches for me. But I may have the shorter one on???? :nixweiss: ;D I'm SO confused!!

So go measure it and then check the Clearview site.
Just hope you can be patient enough to wait.
Let me know if I can help!

S
  /
    B

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2007, 09:16:07 PM »

Okay. I got 13" to the center of the chrome piece and 14" to the bottom! I am NOT taking that thing apart to measure the actual size from top to bottom!!  :huepfenlol2: :pineapple:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.