Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 06 CUSE sprocket  (Read 1451 times)

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
06 CUSE sprocket
« on: November 22, 2007, 11:08:01 AM »

has anyone found or done this sprocket for the 06 CUSE? http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442250317&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302291043&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302291043&bmUID=1195747535731&bmLocale=en_US
thanks john ( they only list for softail and dyna, but have the chrome wheel for touring but not sprocket :nixweiss:)
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: 06 CUSE sprocket
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 06:55:49 PM »

has anyone found or done this sprocket for the 06 CUSE? http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442250317&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302291043&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302291043&bmUID=1195747535731&bmLocale=en_US
thanks john ( they only list for softail and dyna, but have the chrome wheel for touring but not sprocket :nixweiss:)

John...have never seen that one before...if the tooth count is the same, and the belt width the same, might be another one of those where it actually fits, even though they say it doesn't.   :nixweiss: :nixweiss:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 06:10:38 PM »

John...have never seen that one before...if the tooth count is the same, and the belt width the same, might be another one of those where it actually fits, even though they say it doesn't.   :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Terry,
after reading this I have been calling around to various manufacturers. but first I had called the local harley dealer to find out what the stock belt pulley for 06 FLH demographic was?(70 tooth, 1.5 inches wide, 12.5inch diameter, and 21/8 inch mounting hole). So ask about the above referenced sprocket. It said it matched all those characteristics, but that it would not fit on my SEUC. I asked if 5 bolt mounting pattern different.  He said no, but if it would fit then harley would have listing for the touring bikes. Realized I was speaking with a "zealot" and would do no good to argue ( though we all know this not to be exactly true!), so for fun I asked why do they sell wheels that doesn't have a matching sprocket? And get this ( best answer of all), harley would never make anything for a bagger that you couldn't see anyway!  :D :D Thought I share a good laugh and another chapter in why Harley sometimes doesn't get it! john
Rinehart TD
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Stage 1 SE AC

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 06:19:07 PM »

Terry,
after reading this I have been calling around to various manufacturers. but first I had called the local harley dealer to find out what the stock belt pulley for 06 FLH demographic was?(70 tooth, 1.5 inches wide, 12.5inch diameter, and 21/8 inch mounting hole). So ask about the above referenced sprocket. It said it matched all those characteristics, but that it would not fit on my SEUC. I asked if 5 bolt mounting pattern different.  He said no, but if it would fit then harley would have listing for the touring bikes. Realized I was speaking with a "zealot" and would do no good to argue ( though we all know this not to be exactly true!), so for fun I asked why do they sell wheels that doesn't have a matching sprocket? And get this ( best answer of all), harley would never make anything for a bagger that you couldn't see anyway!  :D :D Thought I share a good laugh and another chapter in why Harley sometimes doesn't get it! john
Answers like that give me great pleasure in going into the dealership and inviting that person out to see my bike. I then point out all the stealth chrome, and parts that the MoCo says will not fit my bike.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 07:36:44 PM »

Answers like that give me great pleasure in going into the dealership and inviting that person out to see my bike. I then point out all the stealth chrome, and parts that the MoCo says will not fit my bike.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
I guess they did not realize that in the CVO parts book about the "stealth" chrome hardware listed under DSP! ( funny thing is they sell it all-various bolt covers, belt guards, rear rotors, and they do have other styles of chrome sprockets :nixweiss:) john
Rinehart TD
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Stage 1 SE AC

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 07:47:58 PM »

Oh forgot! since could not get harley part to match ,did find this from RC components: http://www.rccomponents.com/harleyproducts/harbeltpulleys.aspx  It is the SHERIFF style, john
Rinehart TD
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Stage 1 SE AC

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 10:26:30 PM »

Terry,

That's a hoot, John!!  They are still selling the wheels, so you KNOW they've got a pulley to match the wheels.  Bet you money it will bolt on with no problem.  But, in the case of some of these parts guys, if it's not in the "Bible" it must not be true.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 21 queries.