Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24

Author Topic: The Nanner transformation  (Read 34334 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: The Nanner transformation
« Reply #270 on: March 16, 2008, 08:50:19 AM »

Roger, looks good! :2vrolijk_21:  There's something about them yeller ones! :bananarock:  The scratch sorta sucks, but like you say you can still get the factory painted parts for that.  I wouldn't worry too much about a mis-match . . . as I recall that is a fairly low mileage bike and it still looks very fresh and well cared-for, so a new bag from Harley should be dead-on.  Enjoy the bike, and I look forward to hearing some riding impressions/comparisons between it and the SEEG.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #271 on: March 16, 2008, 11:17:09 AM »

Congratulations Roger.  Wow - it is finally home, what a long trip.  I know you are very happy.  Look forward to seeing it in Sedona.  How many nanners will that be? 

Not sure, we'll have to figure it out.  I always like the pics with the bikes lined up by color.

Rog, glad to see the Nanner finally made it home.  Sorry to hear about the bag and I'm sorry it didn't work out for you to join us at CHL.

Bob

Bob, thanks for your assist on this, CHL would have been a great add to the Nanner travels but it wasn't to be this time.  I can always hide the scratch with Don's fugly guards
He's got those ugly (to me) saddlebag guards on it. 

Roger, looks good! :2vrolijk_21:  There's something about them yeller ones! :bananarock:  The scratch sorta sucks, but like you say you can still get the factory painted parts for that.  I wouldn't worry too much about a mis-match . . . as I recall that is a fairly low mileage bike and it still looks very fresh and well cared-for, so a new bag from Harley should be dead-on.  Enjoy the bike, and I look forward to hearing some riding impressions/comparisons between it and the SEEG  SEUC.

Brian, I will get some more pics and ride thoughts.  I think with the Traxxion 13" mods on both the should be pretty similar, although the nanner will be minus some weight with all the adds on the SEUC I guess.  Regardless, I am looking forward to a dry day and putting some miles on it.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #272 on: March 16, 2008, 12:09:03 PM »

Congrats Roger Glad to see it's finally made it's way to you . Your painter should be able to fix that using a touch up kit, wet sanding, some clear coat and buffing.  Way less than I expected. Please let us know when you've had a chance to ride it how it performs, especially the Traxion Dynamics/Bitubo upgrades.

And you know this is something Chip and I have been talking about. Recent purchases of used Screamin Eagle CVO model H-D's by members of this site with one or two ponies already in the stable. I love the CVO bikes as does Chip and well, pretty much everyone on the site which is why it exists. As a matter of circumstance, I don't currently have one which is ironic because I was the 1st one in my group of friends and co-riders to own one and have owned four. We'll fix that soon. But anyway, the point that Chip and I were discussing is how it's great that these wonderful machines are being bought up by CVO site members who will maintain them with pride and affection and as such, 20 years from now there will still be many prime examples of these machines. So hopefully we'll see this trend continue with some more SERG purchases here on the site, some SEEG purchases and of course the V-Rods, Fatboys, Dynas, FXR's and the multitalented Road Kings. As the d00derator would say " It's All Good "

B B

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #273 on: March 16, 2008, 01:18:54 PM »

Congrats Roger Glad to see it's finally made it's way to you . Your painter should be able to fix that using a touch up kit, wet sanding, some clear coat and buffing.  Way less than I expected. Please let us know when you've had a chance to ride it how it performs, especially the Traxion Dynamics/Bitubo upgrades.

And you know this is something Chip and I have been talking about. Recent purchases of used Screamin Eagle CVO model H-D's by members of this site with one or two ponies already in the stable. I love the CVO bikes as does Chip and well, pretty much everyone on the site which is why it exists. As a matter of circumstance, I don't currently have one which is ironic because I was the 1st one in my group of friends and co-riders to own one and have owned four. We'll fix that soon. But anyway, the point that Chip and I were discussing is how it's great that these wonderful machines are being bought up by CVO site members who will maintain them with pride and affection and as such, 20 years from now there will still be many prime examples of these machines. So hopefully we'll see this trend continue with some more SERG purchases here on the site, some SEEG purchases and of course the V-Rods, Fatboys, Dynas, FXR's and the multitalented Road Kings. As the d00derator would say " It's All Good "

B B

I agree with you on the CVO trend.  I was pushed to get a SEEG after being around them in Cripple Creek and Nelson this past year.  The SEEG's really grow on you especially if you hadn't seen many of them previously.

In Bellingham we just don't get more than a couple a year and consequently I never paid much attention to them.  Then I got on here and made some rides and WOW, they are hot.

As you know I considered a RG before I bought the SEEG to add with my switchblade and SEUC.  I still have an eye for a RG too, but one bike a year is more than enough to toy with IMO.  I'll be plenty busy with the nanner to keep my mind occupied for awhile.

I am currently blessed with the opportunity to have a few toys so I'll absolutely make the most of it while I can.

I'll get some miles on the nanner soon and report back as well.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #274 on: March 16, 2008, 01:41:36 PM »

Too bad about the nick on the bag but looks like it should be an easy fix.  Nice bike Rog.

I thought the whole side of the bag might be damaged.  Are you going to get a replacement bag or try to fix that one?

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #275 on: March 16, 2008, 01:44:17 PM »

I thought the whole side of the bag might be damaged.  Are you going to get a replacement bag or try to fix that one?

I'll let the transporter pay for a new bag, but I'll most likely take the original to www.paintbygene.com for repair.

If it turns out ok, I got the bike shipped for no charge. :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #276 on: March 16, 2008, 01:48:36 PM »

Sounds like a good plan.  Glad it's home.  Bob

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #277 on: March 16, 2008, 03:07:23 PM »

I'll let the transporter pay for a new bag, but I'll most likely take the original to www.paintbygene.com for repair.

If it turns out ok, I got the bike shipped for no charge. :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:

Yeah, they're gonna poop when the find out the price of a new bag. :shocked2:  You'd have thought, being a motorcycle shipping outfit, something like that would have been avoided. :nixweiss:  At least with a bag, there's no downtime with the repair. :2vrolijk_21:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #278 on: March 16, 2008, 03:11:54 PM »

Yeah, they're gonna poop when the find out the price of a new bag. :shocked2:  You'd have thought, being a motorcycle shipping outfit, something like that would have been avoided. :nixweiss:  At least with a bag, there's no downtime with the repair. :2vrolijk_21:

They were truly upset about it.  I have moved a great number of cars with them all nearly or more than $100k and never had a problem.  It was bound to happen sooner or later.  Actually kind of glad it was my ride and not a customer's.

After they picked up the bike they deceided to swap it to a different truck when they got to Portland.  The more times they change trucks the bigger the chance of a problem. 

It'll be fine, like you say, no down time for riding.  Especially with three bikes.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #279 on: March 16, 2008, 03:41:35 PM »

They were truly upset about it.  I have moved a great number of cars with them all nearly or more than $100k and never had a problem.  It was bound to happen sooner or later.  Actually kind of glad it was my ride and not a customer's.

After they picked up the bike they decided to swap it to a different truck when they got to Portland.  The more times they change trucks the bigger the chance of a problem. 

It'll be fine, like you say, no down time for riding.  Especially with three bikes.
Roger, since I've met you it means even more to me, but you have the absolutely best attitude.  Taking it in stride - so to speak.  You bought the bike months ago, it has been passed to a couple of folks we know here before being put on a truck to get a couple of transport handlers to move it from this truck to that truck.  This bike has more miles - figuratively speaking - being towed than it ever had being self propelled down the road.  You are a great guy and I am glad to know you. I would have been p1ssing and moaning about this.  I am proud again to know you. 

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #280 on: March 16, 2008, 05:03:03 PM »

Roger, since I've met you it means even more to me, but you have the absolutely best attitude.  Taking it in stride - so to speak.  You bought the bike months ago, it has been passed to a couple of folks we know here before being put on a truck to get a couple of transport handlers to move it from this truck to that truck.  This bike has more miles - figuratively speaking - being towed than it ever had being self propelled down the road.  You are a great guy and I am glad to know you. I would have been p1ssing and moaning about this.  I am proud again to know you. 

Thank you for the kind words Candy.

When I first met Cindy she had a pistol of an attitude and would get upset at many things.

One day I told here a story I had heard somewhere, maybe philosophy class or who knows?  Many of us have heard it, it goes like this:

Think of a problem as floating in a river and you are on a bridge over the river.

If the problem is above the bridge and floating toward you, you have time to plan, impact and solve the problem.

If it has floated under the bridge you may be able to react to it quickly and solve it, but if it has floated beyond the bridge and is going down the river, most likely it is gone and most anything you do won't help.

In the case of the scratch, it was way down the river.  No point in wasting any energy on it at that point.

Again, I really appreciate your words and friendship.  No one could have had a better attitude than you at Nelson and on your trip home.

I'll be looking for a big hug when we get to Sedona, see you there :2vrolijk_21:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #281 on: March 17, 2008, 09:52:22 AM »

True track is here and I just ordered a Clearview 9.5 smoke with recurve.  Now the wait begins :o

I was also thinking that when I get the bag painted by Gene he can paint the low profile mirrors and my Street Glide fender extension :2vrolijk_21: :bananarock:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 10:07:42 AM by Rjob749 »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #282 on: March 17, 2008, 01:43:49 PM »

True track is here and I just ordered a Clearview 9.5 smoke with recurve.  Now the wait begins :o

I was also thinking that when I get the bag painted by Gene he can paint the low profile mirrors and my Street Glide fender extension :2vrolijk_21: :bananarock:

Damn Roger, Traxion Dynamics front end, Bitubo rear shocks, True Track ; that Banana's gonna handle like one of those Porsche's you sell.
Are you going with the complete Street Glide piece that has the built in extensions that cover your saddlebag gaps AND the nice chrome piece that goes over the LED at the bottom ? That'll be a sweet lookin ride Roger

B B

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #283 on: March 17, 2008, 03:23:21 PM »

Damn Roger, Traxion Dynamics front end, Bitubo rear shocks, True Track ; that Banana's gonna handle like one of those Porsche's you sell.
Are you going with the complete Street Glide piece that has the built in extensions that cover your saddlebag gaps AND the nice chrome piece that goes over the LED at the bottom ? That'll be a sweet lookin ride Roger

B B

Going all yellow B B, but yes with the extensions and with the optional brake/run combo LED. :bananarock: :bananarock:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #284 on: March 17, 2008, 03:26:36 PM »

Going all yellow B B, but yes with the extensions and with the optional brake/run combo LED. :bananarock: :bananarock:

Gonna be interesting to see how long before you pop for a set of Extreme Engineering 18 x 3.5 wheels for this baby Roger.

By the way, what about brakes ?  Hawg Halters ,  PM's  . stockers chromed out ?????

What else you got planned ?

By the way, for what it's worth, so far you're doin everything right  IMO

B B
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 21 queries.