Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: 05 and 06 Screming Eagle Fat Boys  (Read 16992 times)

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
05 and 06 Screming Eagle Fat Boys
« on: December 01, 2007, 04:48:52 PM »

I have 06 C.V.O Fat Boy with 3000 miles on the clock, but dont y'all think our bikes will hold there value as time goes by? I did not buy for re-sell, I bought it because thats what I wanted, but reading about some of the problems the newer bikes are having and the E.P.A. crud, I feel very fortunate for the bike I own now, It is not the fastest or a Dyno Monster but it starts at first touch and is very comfy on high way, I get a lot of comps about the looks of bike and it is very stable, I can coast up to a red light with hands by my side and it is stable till stop, I'M sorry for rant, I just love my Fat Boy and it fits me like a custom made bike for me and my size, just thought I would see if others loved theres like I do mine, "sorry" but the Dura Cell color gets to be lame after a while, just that the new bikes do not intice me to trade or sell, you guys have a great day and be safe.    PURPLE  HAZE
TOM

Bdygrd4u

• Junior CVO Member
Re: 05 and 06 Screming Eagle Fat Boys
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 06:25:56 PM »

I have 06 C.V.O Fat Boy with 3000 miles on the clock, but dont y'all think our bikes will hold there value as time goes by? I did not buy for re-sell, I bought it because thats what I wanted, but reading about some of the problems the newer bikes are having and the E.P.A. crud, I feel very fortunate for the bike I own now, It is not the fastest or a Dyno Monster but it starts at first touch and is very comfy on high way, I get a lot of comps about the looks of bike and it is very stable, I can coast up to a red light with hands by my side and it is stable till stop, I'M sorry for rant, I just love my Fat Boy and it fits me like a custom made bike for me and my size, just thought I would see if others loved theres like I do mine, "sorry" but the Dura Cell color gets to be lame after a while, just that the new bikes do not intice me to trade or sell, you guys have a great day and be safe.    PURPLE  HAZE

Well I didn't purchase mine fore resale value or because I thought HD was cool....I bought it because it had all I wanted in a bike....chrome...sweet paint.....chrome wheels....but to answer your question as I know...I had a person offer me $26,000 for my bike two weeks ago.....I know it's a creditable offer because he owns a Billion dollar company...I refused because I love the bike and this guy is a typical CEO with a HOG....45 miles a year....wanted a trophy because it was in Wild Hogs the movie...I love the SERK and others so I would pay whatever to have them....so yea...they hold their value....at least in my humble opinion.

Scott

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 07:16:04 PM »

Haze,

13,212 mi, and loved every one of them  :2vrolijk_21:
I would not consider selling her for what I paid for it, Its a great versatile bike that I can dress up for the haul or strip down for the bar, and with a moco bitchin custom paint set that will never be reproduced. your lookin at the short side of this resale thing, right now there are plenty of them floatin around on e-bay and such because its a relatively new bike, over the next ten years this bike will not loose much more of its resale value, its a Diminishing depreciation over time, and if you keep it lookin good you'll be surprised how much it will be worth.
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

tmitchellofpg

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 10:00:46 PM »

I started off to buy a new 2007 bagger, back in August of 2006, but chickened out when I read of all the problems. Instead I started looking on the net for a used bike with a lot of bling. Found my 2005 SE Fat Boy, with less then a thousand miles on it, with 10 months left on the warranty. The previous owner had put a lot of extra stuff on it and then traded it for a chopper. I am glad I went the direction I went. No problems in 5,000 miles.
Tom

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 03:36:46 AM »

Mine is definately a keeper, resale has never entered my mind. Plus I still have not finished playing around with bits & pieces yet. I enjoy the tinkering around as much as I do the riding. These awesome bikes look good, go well & are reliable! What more do you want? That does not mean I can't park another Harley in the shed as well. I am still keen on the rockers, just want to wait & see if there are any new model problems with them.

Cheers
Aussie

FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

josepy121380

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 03:38:31 PM »

i love mine 2.  i have it for sale just hope it doesnt sell.    i only wish it had the 200 tire.  so that it would have a wider rear seat
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 03:48:28 PM by josepy121380 »

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 05:48:53 AM »

Haze,

How can I put this in just a few meaningful words?

I have the ride of a lifetime with my 05' SEFB. Trade it? Sell it? Oft it? In two words: Hell No!

I've been through the wringer with my engine lately, and I still would never sell or even consider any sort of such transaction.

You of all people should know the value, resale value and future value of this wonderful American Manufactured Motorcycle: somewhere between $20,000.00 (calculated @ 3000 clean miles like yours) and Priceless (like the rest of ours because we're diehard Screamin' Eagle Fat Boy owners who hella' love their ride).

Don't give the "value over time" a second thought. Ya want to know why? I'll tell ya Haze.....a wise man once said this and it has been quoted since the early 1900's and became a frequently used equation that everyone understands:

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live".

That formula for success has a component not included which some of our peers too often mistake as significant or as a requisite: "Value".

Where in the "Live to..." formula is a $DOLLAR VALUE$ factor? The answer is simple: It doesn't exist because we all have multi-tier value systems therefore it cannot exist within the statement successfully or without debate.

When you can put a pricetag on the smile that resides on your face when you ride; before, during and apres' riding; then you've lost the fundamental essence of what we feel when we "Live and Ride".

Haze, get some more time on the bike of your dreams. 3000 miles is hardly enough time to question or second guess the outstanding inherent instincts you so obviously have to work with.

Kona76
Mike K.

Ok, I'll cut back on the sugar and caffeine.

PS: The color you refer to as "Lame" after a while? Haze, lame is in the eyes of the beholder. And you know, you've got a hot looking bike. Why the condescending remark? Nothing wrong with my eyes, my friend. Take another look again.

MK.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 06:28:42 AM by kona76 »
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 01:18:42 PM »

Sorry for the LAME remark, I guess I was just trying to say every body can have the Dura Cell color (gold & black)on ANY Harley, it is a nice color for a special edition but any one can have that color if they pay the extra money for it, and as for as only 3200 miles on mine I live in a very congested area and it is hard to get out of the city and ride with a little elbow room, but I was wrong in dessing any ones color choice, hell after I bought mine I read where people where saying the 06's could lead GAY PRIDE parades!! Now that still ticks me off! You have to see them in person to appreciate the beauty of our bikes, I love that 05 blue one! It ROCKS!! My writing skills are not very good I know but quite school and joined U.S.M.C. and they trained me for other things instead of my writing skill's, I think ALL the 05's & 06's will be very coveted in a few years, but I love my bike so much! At one time I was having a little hard times and started to sell it, this in guy was in Rhode Island and was going to give me $23,900 CASH but I backed down and God helped me with my problems and things got better for me! I love to get on the highway and go high thru the gears and let it TALK till about a 100 M.P.H. and then back down to 70 M.P.H., and it has no problem at all, I don't do that to often though to many radar guns around, well again sorry for the lame remark and running my head but I think we C.V.O. FAT BOY owners have the best (to me) Harley's ever built!! There is nothing to me that compares to our 103 C.I. motors and chrome, paint, the ride, all the people stopping to look at it...... Oh well Y'ALL know what I mean!   PEACE       PURPLE  HAZE
TOM

WISHBONE

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 11:40:45 AM »

I bought because a 2006 SE fatboy was a great place to start a custom bike with the 200mm rear tire.  Resale on Harleys has gone away as there is just too many out there for sale.
JIMS 120  145/144
SE SIX SPEED
ALL THE CHROME THAT WOULD FIT

noVee

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 09:09:42 PM »

Haze,
haven't been here much for a while, but all I can say, is that I was hooked on the 'look' of that bike, with that new 200 tire, yep same colour as yours! as soon as I saw it. Those screamin graphics/colours for '06, the best they have offered yet in my opinion, and I agree, that copper top look is nothing more than BORING for this year.
Everyone who sees this bike is amazed by it, and most people out there haven't a clue what it is or what a CVO is either, including some Harley owners!
I'm 165 lbs., have done NO mods, except dealer installed 6 speed, and cosmetics/lighting on the front, so I'm thinking the bike goes pretty good with my skinny ass on it!
The seat I thought I was going to get redone, isn't too bad for my boney ass either. However, I am tempted to get one of those trick seats with the slick leather and graphics treatments.
Here's what you all in the USA, don't know, our Canadian $ traded about .85 to yours when I bought, recently hit $1.10 back to down about par @ $1.00. My value was on my purchase because of this cost me about $15,000. and now maybe more, because of raping exchange rates at that time.
So what? You think everything you play and trade with is going to make you money? Sometimes yes, sometimes no, sometimes it doesn't matter if it's a hobby, because tastes and interests change,
I almost passed because I could not get this bike in this colour from any dealer in Canada until Davie's in Toronto north called me about a trade offer they got on a CVO Vrod for this bike, they knew I was motivated and jumped on it.
Don't care about the value now, up or down, gonna drive you nuts if that's what you care about.
I have a another bike, smaller for fun and performance., and an old hot rod, so I just want to say enjoy! Enjoy your toys. Life is too short!
And don't sweat it.
This year coming, 2008, may be a VERY upsetting year for both of our countries, in so far as, losing more industry, economic problems, energy costs, dollar values, housing industry tanking, derivative/subprime mess, yes it's gonna be a ROUGH year going forward.
If your puppy is paid for, enjoy it and don't worry.
Otherwise, maybe different story.
noVee

And, uh, what KONA said, totally agree.   :2vrolijk_21:

« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 08:54:42 AM by noVee »

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 12:03:26 PM »

Thank you for the reply and kind words but they made 3600 C.V.O. Fat Boys for 06. They Autumn silver 1200, Nebula yellow 1200, Concord purple 1098 made! I know numbers don't add up but I was only wanting mine, and with the Pipes, K&N, S.E.R.T., DYNO, Trip. Plat. Plugs, Scremin Eagle plug wires, a little bling on Kuraykn lower license frame mount lighted bracket, (looks cool at night) 5 rows red L.E.D. lights and one lower row of blue but they look like color of my bike, any way I have about $33,000.00 Tax, Title, Freight, Extras, and to me worth every penny! People who see it thinks its a custom job, I guess in a way it is, go and buy a new Fat Boy and then spend the money to make it a 06 C.V.O., It would cost allmost $20,000.00!!  I wish it had a six speed Tranny, but thats next project, I still think the 05's & 06's C.V.O. Fat Boy's will only go higher in value and thats O.K. but I'M riding mine till my maker takes me away!   PEACE         PURPLE HAZE.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 12:05:36 PM by purple haze »
TOM

dastark

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 06:17:54 PM »

I now have about 26000 on my 05. Only problem I've had is this winter I blew out a fork seal. MI. roads suck. It's a war horse! Like you all, I didn't by it for investment. I bought it to ride. I like to think I take care of it, but I often catch hell from buds for riding in the winter etc. Again, I bought it to ride. 27,000 is a lot of coin to spend only to have it sit in the garage for several months. Take it from a guy who knows. Your bike wants you to ride it.

speedy

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 CVO Fatboy
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 05:55:40 PM »

HI all,
         I hope the SE Fatboys hold value, as I`m considering selling mine. Although I like it, I have found I`m not really a soft tail man. I miss the extra comfort of my previous wide glide, (when it comes to rough arse roads in particular). I like to do long rides out in the country, which are generally rough roads around this part of the world.
So I`m not sure yet which bike I`d replace her with, but I`m keen to test ride a new street glide. I`ll let ya know what happens. If anyone is interested in my fatty, let me know.

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 06:24:45 PM »

HI all,
         I hope the SE Fatboys hold value, as I`m considering selling mine. Although I like it, I have found I`m not really a soft tail man. I miss the extra comfort of my previous wide glide, (when it comes to rough arse roads in particular). I like to do long rides out in the country, which are generally rough roads around this part of the world.
So I`m not sure yet which bike I`d replace her with, but I`m keen to test ride a new street glide. I`ll let ya know what happens. If anyone is interested in my fatty, let me know.

Speedy,

I recently fitted a set of 'Caddies' rear shocks to mine they are made by 'Racetech' & are fully rebuildable & adjustable they also have 'Gold Valves' in them standard. I also fitted 'Gold Valves' in the front a while ago & i am enjoying the ride much more now.

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2008, 07:07:31 PM »

Speedy,

I recently fitted a set of 'Caddies' rear shocks to mine they are made by 'Racetech' & are fully rebuildable & adjustable they also have 'Gold Valves' in them standard. I also fitted 'Gold Valves' in the front a while ago & i am enjoying the ride much more now.

Cheers
Aussie

Aussie,

you talkin about these
Toes in the water, ass in the sand
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 21 queries.