Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: 05 and 06 Screming Eagle Fat Boys  (Read 17048 times)

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
Re: 05 and 06 Screming Eagle Fat Boys
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 08:07:25 PM »

Aussie,

you talkin about these

Eagle,

That there is dem!

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

speedy

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 CVO Fatboy
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 10:12:42 PM »

Speedy,

I recently fitted a set of 'Caddies' rear shocks to mine they are made by 'Racetech' & are fully rebuildable & adjustable they also have 'Gold Valves' in them standard. I also fitted 'Gold Valves' in the front a while ago & i am enjoying the ride much more now.

Cheers
Aussie

G`day Mike,
                 Yeah I fitted a set to Sharon`s fatty, they are much better than std shocks, however I dont particlarly like the way they are set up. For me they dont have enough rebound damping. I know they could be pulled apart and reset, but what I would realy like is fully adjustable shocks so I could set not only the preload but the rebound and compression damping rates as well. You just cant get softail shocks that offer that level of adjustability. Dyna shocks, yes you can, several brands to choose from. I had bitubo`s on the wide glide, nice.
  Gold valves are good though, I have them in my forks. I don`t know why harley suspension is so archaic, jap & euro bikes have had fully adjustable front & rear suspension standard for years. The ride quality between my Kwaka ZRX 1200 with std suspension & the fatty with all expensive aftermarket suspension is still chalk and cheese. The Kwaka`s suspension is light years ahead.
  But thanks for the info mate. Maybe if I keep it I`ll use a set of modified caddies. I`m also interested to know what the bitubo`s are like?

Cheers,
          Mate.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 11:04:17 PM »

what about an airtail suspension  :nixweiss:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 01:50:45 PM »

Greetings Gents,

I may not have the technical data nor the understanding of such data even if I purchased it; (hey wait, I have something right here that says....)

No really, I am sure in your quest for the perfection as you see it, why not ride upon a Road King... like a CVO Road King? It changed my ways many times over now, and still have my SE FatBoy coming home soon. Love the gold cups, hated the rear suspension.... Road King Kills any complaints plus...the 110', the kilometers per (Metric equivilent goes here) are pleasing during our $4.00 per gal times.

Your current gas prices reflect the same problems? Sorry, if I am in the wrong direction.

The 110' is already recognized and our fix to fix what's not broken is out there for the OCD and HP/TQ numbers.

OK, just one more thing, I love both my rides. But from the day I got on the 08' SERK, I swore I would never do over 200 miles in a day with my SE FatBoy again. Unless I have to that is....

Mike K.
kona76
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

speedy

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 CVO Fatboy
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 04:48:54 AM »

Thanks for the comment, however the road king isnt really my cup of tea.
I did test ride the street glide, which falls into the same catagory, not realy my cup of tea.
I`ll persist with improving the fat boy suspension at this point in time.

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 04:44:32 PM »

This is a big ugly on the Ten Commandments, I'M not a holy rolor, just a bit of the concern of the jealusly as I gaze upon your toys!! The Huge Metro-plex of highways I ride in, but may move north, and  in a less dense area, it is hard to ride in my area on anything larger than my Fat Boy, but I'M at age that a few (mellow moments) before ride, I hit the freeway, and go around on highway loop 820, any way just wish I could have a few extras that you have but we are paying home off early, and then may get in Debt. once more and Travel, I love my Fat Boy!! You can not keep low profile as you drive, the Headers help get there attention, this may be the last (Harley) I buy but I'M keeping it! Just think 10 years from now this thing will be unique!...... You have nice bikes! Later    PURPLE HAZE.
TOM

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2008, 02:41:40 PM »

This is a big ugly on the Ten Commandments, I'M not a holy rolor, just a bit of the concern of the jealusly as I gaze upon your toys!! The Huge Metro-plex of highways I ride in, but may move north, and  in a less dense area, it is hard to ride in my area on anything larger than my Fat Boy, but I'M at age that a few (mellow moments) before ride, I hit the freeway, and go around on highway loop 820, any way just wish I could have a few extras that you have but we are paying home off early, and then may get in Debt. once more and Travel, I love my Fat Boy!! You can not keep low profile as you drive, the Headers help get there attention, this may be the last (Harley) I buy but I'M keeping it! Just think 10 years from now this thing will be unique!...... You have nice bikes! Later    PURPLE HAZE.

Haze,

As usual, when I read your posts.... I laugh, I cry... they become a part of me.

I had fooled myself into thinking this garage is affordable. It is if you work 1 hour a week and make $50,000 a year. Therefore, it cannot be. I look at that picture and wonder  :zwtf: was I thinking?

I thank you for the kind words.

Mike K.
kona76
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

TankerPig

• Full CVO Member
  • Be careful, sobriety can make you do silly things!
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2008, 04:56:13 PM »

I absolutely love my ride.  I actually thought about selling it for a short time...then I walked out to the trailer, saw the bad-assitude of it, and immediately banished all thoughts of selling it.  But, the voices in my head are always telling me to do odd things... :-X
2005 Screamin Eagle Fatboy
V&H Big Shots Staggered
Zipper's High Flow Air Cleaner
PCIII USB
PM Contrast Cut Gasser wheels, pulley, rotors

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2008, 03:28:26 PM »

Don't feel bad, Now I want new 'VETTE' Z-06, I have mid-crisis going full tilt, I want all new toy's. But I would have to pay a few notes on High End, then start all over with until I trade again.
TOM

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2008, 07:02:02 PM »

I have 06 C.V.O Fat Boy with 3000 miles on the clock, but dont y'all think our bikes will hold there value as time goes by? I did not buy for re-sell, I bought it because thats what I wanted, but reading about some of the problems the newer bikes are having and the E.P.A. crud, I feel very fortunate for the bike I own now, It is not the fastest or a Dyno Monster but it starts at first touch and is very comfy on high way, I get a lot of comps about the looks of bike and it is very stable, I can coast up to a red light with hands by my side and it is stable till stop, I'M sorry for rant, I just love my Fat Boy and it fits me like a custom made bike for me and my size, just thought I would see if others loved theres like I do mine, "sorry" but the Dura Cell color gets to be lame after a while, just that the new bikes do not intice me to trade or sell, you guys have a great day and be safe.    PURPLE  HAZE

I don't think so unless you find just the right person willing to give you almost what you paid for it or close to what you have invested in it. I had to sell mine last August because of health issues. The market was still good at the time for anyone selling or buying new or used bikes. Mine sat from mid July through August till late Sept. Then finally sold for $19,500. I had just under $30,000. in it. I also live in an area where you can just about ride year round. So no I don't think they hold they value any better than any other Harley. You just have to find the right buyer to come out good. If you watch the cycle trader ads you can always find quite a few SE Fatboy's and other SE's where folks are trying to get the most they can out of them, but they sit and sit and sit till they finally start droping the price, then they sell.
Sandy :)

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2008, 04:03:10 PM »

I was thinking of selling to buy a new toy but I love my 06' and no leaks or over heating and I change all my fluids my self, so when I bought my filter at LONE STAR HARLEY, I was blown away by there prices!!! A C.V.O. Springer with a dealer installed pipe was $30,999.00! and I did not see any thing under $20K, they had a new trike for sale $49,999.00, and saw a 05' C.V.O. Fat Boy red and black with 5800 miles and they had a $23,999.00 on that! And I bet they get it!! I love my 06' and was thinking of new toy, but I ride a little fast and I still get 37 M.P.G. I think that dealer and others are going to jack up prices because of gas debacle, the sharks smell blood!  LATER   PURPLE HAZE
TOM

wheelbarrow

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 06:49:42 PM »

HEY GUYS NEW TO THEY FORUM IV GOT THE SILVER 05 FATBOY SCREMER AND I TRYING TO FIND A STOCK SEAT ANY SUGGESTIONS AND THANKS  DAVE

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 07:02:25 PM »

HEY GUYS NEW TO THEY FORUM IV GOT THE SILVER 05 FATBOY SCREMER AND I TRYING TO FIND A STOCK SEAT ANY SUGGESTIONS AND THANKS  DAVE
Wheelbarrow,
First off welcome to the site glad to have you join us. :2vrolijk_21: We have a Buying Board where you can start a thread that you're looking for this item, also check on eBay, Craiglist, or something similar. Other then those suggestions you might check your dealer. I believe this will be the Part # 52279-05 for the seat/kit.

Not a cheap seat however, Chicago H-D has it listed - 52279-05 KIT, SEAT, CHROME, FLSTFSE Retail Price:$799.95 Our Price:$639.96 

When you get a chance you should go to this board - New Member Introduction and start a thread to introduce yourself.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

BAD APPLE

• Screaming Eagle
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2008, 10:32:47 AM »

Love my 06 SE FATBOY..... I had my mine made up to get a Red/Black 05 SE Fatboy, but the 200 back tire sold me on the 06 models and plus I had not seen none in my area that was the color of my bike.  What is the official color of the 06 Pewter & Blue bikes????     I paid $22,000 for my bike this year with 3000 miles on it and the guy had $3500 worth of parts he had just put on the bike in the past 100 miles so I didnt think I did that bad on my bike.  I figured it was a good starting point for a 22 year old to make a mean cruiser out of....
2002 Bourget FatDaddy 126 c.i.
2005 SE V-ROD
2006 SE Fatboy
2008 FatBagger Speedglide 124 c.i.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2008, 01:36:18 PM »

Love my 06 SE FATBOY..... I had my mine made up to get a Red/Black 05 SE Fatboy, but the 200 back tire sold me on the 06 models and plus I had not seen none in my area that was the color of my bike.  What is the official color of the 06 Pewter & Blue bikes????     I paid $22,000 for my bike this year with 3000 miles on it and the guy had $3500 worth of parts he had just put on the bike in the past 100 miles so I didnt think I did that bad on my bike.  I figured it was a good starting point for a 22 year old to make a mean cruiser out of....

I have seen the same 05 SE FatBoy's go even cheaper; around $18,000.00 still stock and less than 1000 miles on it. In fact, there was one at a local HD Dealer about 2 months ago. Very clean.

As for your ride, you have a great deal in your hands. It's not even broken in yet and the chrome feast to come will be a great way to personalize your mean cruiser... It's a great buy for a 22 year old and a 50 year old. Enjoy!!

Mike K.
kona76

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.23 seconds with 21 queries.