Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Author Topic: Hawg-Wired "Direct Connect" System  (Read 40804 times)

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
Re: Hawg-Wired "Direct Connect" System
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2008, 11:47:37 PM »

Brian;
The CX x-overs have bare leads on them. You could get some insulated mae spade lugs and crimp them onto the CX leads. This would allow you not to cut the factory female lugs off the harness. I can probably set these up for you before shipping if you want.....

Jim, so I have BT 504 right now on the SEEG.  When I installed them I had to cut the stock ends of my speaker wires and splice the connectors to get the 504's to work.  So when I get the amp, I need to tuck those wires in and find the other wires that are not been used right now and hook those up to the speakers.  (I imagine I have to redo the ends on those wires also).  gabe
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2008, 12:00:36 AM »

Jim, so I have BT 504 right now on the SEEG.  When I installed them I had to cut the stock ends of my speaker wires and splice the connectors to get the 504's to work.  So when I get the amp, I need to tuck those wires in and find the other wires that are not been used right now and hook those up to the speakers.  (I imagine I have to redo the ends on those wires also).  gabe

That is correct Gabe, If memory serves me correctly you purchased the 504's quite a while back, At that time they had leads on them so you would have had to splice them in. Currently the 504's as well as the SX speakers have the same spade lugs as stock speakers so no splicing is required.

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2008, 12:04:26 AM »

That is correct Gabe, If memory serves me correctly you purchased the 504's quite a while back, At that time they had leads on them so you would have had to splice them in. Currently the 504's as well as the SX speakers have the same spade lugs as stock speakers so no splicing is required.

So again where are these wires that I have to look for?  Are they specific # or color that I should look for.  gabe
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2008, 12:12:30 AM »

So again where are these wires that I have to look for?  Are they specific # or color that I should look for.  gabe

Gabe, I've got the fairing off of mine.  If you can wait until tomorrow night, I'll shoot some photos of where they're at and post them for you.  If not, they are wire tied to the harness, just to inside of the speakers on each side.  Just look for the plastic covered female spade ends . . . you'll see 'em. :2vrolijk_21:

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2008, 12:29:02 AM »

Gabe, I've got the fairing off of mine.  If you can wait until tomorrow night, I'll shoot some photos of where they're at and post them for you.  If not, they are wire tied to the harness, just to inside of the speakers on each side.  Just look for the plastic covered female spade ends . . . you'll see 'em. :2vrolijk_21:

That's great service my friend.  That is like painting by numbers, my favorite.  Of corse I can wait my amp is still on it's way.  Thanks in advance.  Let's Roll
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2008, 12:29:32 AM »

From the Harmon Kardon radio retrofit thread:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2008, 07:45:45 AM »

From the Harmon Kardon radio retrofit thread:

I realize this is old and not related to anything that would actually impact me, but the 04 and 05 SEEGs had a separate amp? Interesting. Where did they hide it? Not under the TP like they stick the HK amp was it? I didn't know about that. You learn something new everyday.

:indian_chief:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2008, 08:31:35 AM »

Physically separate from the radio; no.  The SEEGs use a different radio with a 60 watt amp built in to it.

Requires a separate (second) overlay harness to power that side of the radio and carry its output.  It's a radio that is in the accessory catalog for a silly amount of money.  It is also specifically only a front channel output from that amp.  No rears from it.

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2008, 07:29:23 PM »

jim, I've also asked you about fitment on an 08' Road glide.  would the same apply to that set up.  What I mean is, that the RG would also have a separate set of leads for the speakers?  A friend of mine is thinking about purchasing the amp and a set of speakers for his 08' RG that's why all the ??.  Laaaaaaaaater,  Let's Roll
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

REGGAB

« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2008, 09:03:47 PM »

Interesting.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2008, 09:32:49 PM »

Interesting.

Had to stop and think for a moment to remember which speakers were in it when that was done.  That was the HogTunes from Pez.  Audioimports :huepfenlol2: .

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2008, 09:49:46 PM »

Had to stop and think for a moment to remember which speakers were in it when that was done.  That was the HogTunes from Pez.  Audioimports :huepfenlol2: .

Wonder where are the Hawg Wired's made? :nixweiss:

Just placed the order with Jim for the Direct Connect and CX speakers tonight.  Not sure how good my sonic memory will be regarding how the Hog Tunes with stock amp sounded, but hoping to be impressed with the new system once I get it installed next weekend or so.  Thanks, Jim! :2vrolijk_21:

With the Hog Tunes now transferred to the SERG, that should wake that system up, too.  Now to dig out the ol' cassette deck and dub some tunes the old-school way! :o ;D :P

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2008, 09:52:54 PM »

Just placed the order with Jim for the Direct Connect and CX speakers tonight.  Not sure how good my sonic memory will be regarding how the Hog Tunes with stock amp sounded, but hoping to be impressed with the new system once I get it installed next weekend or so.  Thanks, Jim! :2vrolijk_21:

With the Hog Tunes now transferred to the SERG, that should wake that system up, too.  Now to dig out the ol' cassette deck and dub some tunes the old-school way! :o ;D :P

The biggest difference for the component speakers to my ears wasn't any overall gain in volume compared to their other product.  There was a little; but not a great deal.   Compared to stockers it'd be tremendous though.

The biggest difference was overll clarity.  You actually hear things that just weren't there before. 

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2008, 12:36:02 AM »

jim, I've also asked you about fitment on an 08' Road glide.  would the same apply to that set up.  What I mean is, that the RG would also have a separate set of leads for the speakers?  A friend of mine is thinking about purchasing the amp and a set of speakers for his 08' RG that's why all the ??.  Laaaaaaaaater,  Let's Roll

Gabe;
The RG will only have the single set of leads to worry about. It wil be complete pkug and play with the DCS amp and SX series speakers

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2008, 12:42:15 AM »

Thanks for the order Brian!

The HW speakers are assembled overseas but they are designed here. The amplifiers are made here in the US, In the SF Bay Area.

Cassette Deck? What is that?  :confused5: :huepfenlol2:

(I actually still have an 8-track)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 22 queries.