Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Help on choosing 2 into 1 exhaust for my 2008 FLHTCUSE3  (Read 8937 times)

Rockdon

Help on choosing 2 into 1 exhaust for my 2008 FLHTCUSE3
« on: December 05, 2007, 05:31:43 AM »

Hello, great site here with a ton of great information,, very impressive site!

Although there is not a lot of info on aftermarket parts for the 2008FLHTCUSE3 , I was hoping  someone would be able to help me decide on a set of 2 into one pipes for the 2008 Se Ultra.

I have been looking closely at the  BUB 7   2 into 1 exhaust system  and the Vance and Hines Pro Pipe BP. The local HD dealer here had a Street Glide in his shop with the V&H Pro  Pipe on it, they sounded great... He fired the bike up in the shop and the quality of the V&H pipes looked exceptional.

No dyno info and can't listen to pipes outside right now,, snow and -20C here right now.

However enough about the snow!!  Any input on these or any other 2 into 1 pipes for my 2008 FLHTCUSE3  would be immensely appreciated. I will of course have to get rid of the air cleaner that came with the bike once the pipes are on, but that will have to wait until K&N or Arlen Ness releases a unit that will fit the 2008 SE Ultra. I was mildly surprised that The Motor Company  has a paper air filter in the FLHTCUSE3 2008 bike.

My objective is to pull  a few extra HP and a bit more torque out of the bike without doing anything that will affect warranty.

Thanks for any help!!

Harley in  bubble!!!       :vrolijk27: :vrolijk27: :vrolijk27:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 05:37:28 AM by Rockdon »

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Help on choosing 2 into 1 exhaust for my 2008 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 07:43:55 AM »

Vance & Hines is a great way to go I: have the 2/1 on three bikes with no regrets

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 07:51:34 AM »

If I were going 2 into 1 I would look at the D&D Fat Cat. Have heard of good performance results w/this pipe and they sound is great. Also may not make any difference to you, but those that are stuck on having a duel exhaust look on a bagger the Fat Cat offers at additional cost a ghost pipe for the left side.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 07:59:07 AM »

:nervous:

3 pipes, 2 cylinders , Ahhh!

Ida gone with the FC's had I not already laid out the cabbage for the RH 2-1.
It perfoms well, but I like the look of the FC better than the monster muffler look of the RH 2-1.

Miker

RobertinArgyle

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 12:01:54 PM »

I am very happy with the SuperTrapp SuperMeg 2:1 I installed last month on my SERG.  It offers similiar performance characteristics to the D&D Fatcat but is less noisy.  Just my opinion...

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 12:49:42 PM »

Welcome to CVO Harley from Oklahoma.  Don't really know much about the 2 into 1 pipes, but noticed that this was your first post and wanted to welcome you.

Oh BTW, really cool snow globe!

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 05:50:33 PM »

I have the D&D 2 into 1, I love the sound, quality and performance. No regrets.
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

Rockdon

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 09:02:34 PM »

Thanks for the input on a set of pipes ! I had not even realy thought about the D&D unit, looking at it, it might be a contender... I don't like the real loud pipes so I'm looking for a 2 into 1 that is on the quiet side.. ( If that is possible.)

Yes this is my second post,, thanks for the welcome,, I have actually been lurking on the site for quite a while now,, so it's about time I made a post or two.....

If anyone has dyno'd their 110 SE bike with 2 into 1 pipes, it would be very interesting to know what the TQ and HP are.

Thanks

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 10:15:22 PM »

I second the statement about the Supertrapp, And I also have V&H, RB1 LSR, and BUBS on my RK - but if you want something on the quieter side the Supertrapp is the one. I loved the RB1 LSR 2-1 but with lowers, tour pack and fairing it was just two loud. The Supertrapp allows tuning, I gots a ton of discs shoved in there and sounds good but not deafening on those long highway runs that the others would tend to wear me out on.
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 07:58:16 AM »

Dyno

Pitsquid

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2007, 09:01:50 AM »

My recommendation would be either D&D or Rinehart. I have the Rinehart on my bike and it sounds great and looks mean. However, that D&D system is no joke either. D&D is on the louder side of the two but they have a quiet baffle you can put in. RK2 is the air filter I would put in. It is a new product out with a new patented backplate with a honeycomb design to break up air molecules flowing in. They're a little pricy but great quality part. They use a K&N filter(you can even pick what color you want) and are made right here in CNY. Drag Spec. will be carrying this product in there new catalog. If you want one, I can beat there price since the co. is local and wants us to be able to sell them cheaper. SERT is the one I use. Good luck with your choice-Chris

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 10:04:49 AM »

My recommendation would be either D&D or Rinehart. I have the Rinehart on my bike and it sounds great and looks mean. However, that D&D system is no joke either. D&D is on the louder side of the two but they have a quiet baffle you can put in. RK2 is the air filter I would put in. It is a new product out with a new patented backplate with a honeycomb design to break up air molecules flowing in. They're a little pricy but great quality part. They use a K&N filter(you can even pick what color you want) and are made right here in CNY. Drag Spec. will be carrying this product in there new catalog. If you want one, I can beat there price since the co. is local and wants us to be able to sell them cheaper. SERT is the one I use. Good luck with your choice-Chris
Do you have more information/website/pictures on this system? TIA.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 10:51:40 AM »

You might want to look at some of the dyno sheets from Laturs Motors, the have quite a few 2:1's posted there.

http://www.latus-harley-davidson.com/mbbs2/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=108&mid=1036#M1036

Pitsquid

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 02:42:12 PM »

Hey dOOd, the web site for that air kit is RF2performance.com- they will be retailing for $299.95+shipping. Let me know if you have any other questions. Chris- I can get these for $280.00-free shipping for our members.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 04:19:48 PM »

Hey dOOd, the web site for that air kit is RF2performance.com- they will be retailing for $299.95+shipping. Let me know if you have any other questions. Chris- I can get these for $280.00-free shipping for our members.
Chris,
Thanks for the link I checked it out. I like the idea of the Jet Stream Plus you can add to existing SE Stage 1 kit. As I understand it the "honeycomb" part is the significant addition to this system and would work just as well as their complet system? Can you offer any discount on the Plus system? I didn't see or overlooked the part you mentioned about different color K&N filter. If it is there can you direct me to it, if not there can you find out what colors are available? Thanks.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.