Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Help on choosing 2 into 1 exhaust for my 2008 FLHTCUSE3  (Read 8930 times)

Rockdon

Help on choosing 2 into 1 exhaust for my 2008 FLHTCUSE3
« on: December 05, 2007, 05:31:43 AM »

Hello, great site here with a ton of great information,, very impressive site!

Although there is not a lot of info on aftermarket parts for the 2008FLHTCUSE3 , I was hoping  someone would be able to help me decide on a set of 2 into one pipes for the 2008 Se Ultra.

I have been looking closely at the  BUB 7   2 into 1 exhaust system  and the Vance and Hines Pro Pipe BP. The local HD dealer here had a Street Glide in his shop with the V&H Pro  Pipe on it, they sounded great... He fired the bike up in the shop and the quality of the V&H pipes looked exceptional.

No dyno info and can't listen to pipes outside right now,, snow and -20C here right now.

However enough about the snow!!  Any input on these or any other 2 into 1 pipes for my 2008 FLHTCUSE3  would be immensely appreciated. I will of course have to get rid of the air cleaner that came with the bike once the pipes are on, but that will have to wait until K&N or Arlen Ness releases a unit that will fit the 2008 SE Ultra. I was mildly surprised that The Motor Company  has a paper air filter in the FLHTCUSE3 2008 bike.

My objective is to pull  a few extra HP and a bit more torque out of the bike without doing anything that will affect warranty.

Thanks for any help!!

Harley in  bubble!!!       :vrolijk27: :vrolijk27: :vrolijk27:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 05:37:28 AM by Rockdon »

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Help on choosing 2 into 1 exhaust for my 2008 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 07:43:55 AM »

Vance & Hines is a great way to go I: have the 2/1 on three bikes with no regrets

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 07:51:34 AM »

If I were going 2 into 1 I would look at the D&D Fat Cat. Have heard of good performance results w/this pipe and they sound is great. Also may not make any difference to you, but those that are stuck on having a duel exhaust look on a bagger the Fat Cat offers at additional cost a ghost pipe for the left side.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 07:59:07 AM »

:nervous:

3 pipes, 2 cylinders , Ahhh!

Ida gone with the FC's had I not already laid out the cabbage for the RH 2-1.
It perfoms well, but I like the look of the FC better than the monster muffler look of the RH 2-1.

Miker

RobertinArgyle

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 12:01:54 PM »

I am very happy with the SuperTrapp SuperMeg 2:1 I installed last month on my SERG.  It offers similiar performance characteristics to the D&D Fatcat but is less noisy.  Just my opinion...

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 12:49:42 PM »

Welcome to CVO Harley from Oklahoma.  Don't really know much about the 2 into 1 pipes, but noticed that this was your first post and wanted to welcome you.

Oh BTW, really cool snow globe!

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 05:50:33 PM »

I have the D&D 2 into 1, I love the sound, quality and performance. No regrets.
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

Rockdon

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 09:02:34 PM »

Thanks for the input on a set of pipes ! I had not even realy thought about the D&D unit, looking at it, it might be a contender... I don't like the real loud pipes so I'm looking for a 2 into 1 that is on the quiet side.. ( If that is possible.)

Yes this is my second post,, thanks for the welcome,, I have actually been lurking on the site for quite a while now,, so it's about time I made a post or two.....

If anyone has dyno'd their 110 SE bike with 2 into 1 pipes, it would be very interesting to know what the TQ and HP are.

Thanks

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 10:15:22 PM »

I second the statement about the Supertrapp, And I also have V&H, RB1 LSR, and BUBS on my RK - but if you want something on the quieter side the Supertrapp is the one. I loved the RB1 LSR 2-1 but with lowers, tour pack and fairing it was just two loud. The Supertrapp allows tuning, I gots a ton of discs shoved in there and sounds good but not deafening on those long highway runs that the others would tend to wear me out on.
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 07:58:16 AM »

Dyno

Pitsquid

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2007, 09:01:50 AM »

My recommendation would be either D&D or Rinehart. I have the Rinehart on my bike and it sounds great and looks mean. However, that D&D system is no joke either. D&D is on the louder side of the two but they have a quiet baffle you can put in. RK2 is the air filter I would put in. It is a new product out with a new patented backplate with a honeycomb design to break up air molecules flowing in. They're a little pricy but great quality part. They use a K&N filter(you can even pick what color you want) and are made right here in CNY. Drag Spec. will be carrying this product in there new catalog. If you want one, I can beat there price since the co. is local and wants us to be able to sell them cheaper. SERT is the one I use. Good luck with your choice-Chris

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 10:04:49 AM »

My recommendation would be either D&D or Rinehart. I have the Rinehart on my bike and it sounds great and looks mean. However, that D&D system is no joke either. D&D is on the louder side of the two but they have a quiet baffle you can put in. RK2 is the air filter I would put in. It is a new product out with a new patented backplate with a honeycomb design to break up air molecules flowing in. They're a little pricy but great quality part. They use a K&N filter(you can even pick what color you want) and are made right here in CNY. Drag Spec. will be carrying this product in there new catalog. If you want one, I can beat there price since the co. is local and wants us to be able to sell them cheaper. SERT is the one I use. Good luck with your choice-Chris
Do you have more information/website/pictures on this system? TIA.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 10:51:40 AM »

You might want to look at some of the dyno sheets from Laturs Motors, the have quite a few 2:1's posted there.

http://www.latus-harley-davidson.com/mbbs2/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=108&mid=1036#M1036

Pitsquid

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 02:42:12 PM »

Hey dOOd, the web site for that air kit is RF2performance.com- they will be retailing for $299.95+shipping. Let me know if you have any other questions. Chris- I can get these for $280.00-free shipping for our members.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 04:19:48 PM »

Hey dOOd, the web site for that air kit is RF2performance.com- they will be retailing for $299.95+shipping. Let me know if you have any other questions. Chris- I can get these for $280.00-free shipping for our members.
Chris,
Thanks for the link I checked it out. I like the idea of the Jet Stream Plus you can add to existing SE Stage 1 kit. As I understand it the "honeycomb" part is the significant addition to this system and would work just as well as their complet system? Can you offer any discount on the Plus system? I didn't see or overlooked the part you mentioned about different color K&N filter. If it is there can you direct me to it, if not there can you find out what colors are available? Thanks.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Pitsquid

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2007, 04:58:55 PM »

They don't have color listings for there filters on the site but they have blue,red,green,orange and black. I am waiting for the price of just the plus system. Will be in touch when I get it.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2007, 05:03:52 PM »

They don't have color listings for there filters on the site but they have blue,red,green,orange and black. I am waiting for the price of just the plus system. Will be in touch when I get it.
I like!!!! :pumpkin: :orange: :carrot: Thanks. :2vrolijk_21: Was I correct in my understanding that getting the Plus system if you already have the SE Stage 1 Kit will be just as good as the entire system? Also are they suggesting that this addition (Plus Only) would require a re-tune?

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Pitsquid

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2007, 05:14:45 PM »

Yes, the plus system is what you would use if you already have a Stage 1. And, no you do not have to re-tune since you have already adjusted your air/fuel mix.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2007, 05:17:04 PM »

Yes, the plus system is what you would use if you already have a Stage 1. And, no you do not have to re-tune since you have already adjusted your air/fuel mix.
Thanks. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2007, 09:08:11 AM »

Hey Chris, do you guys at Performance have a dyno tuner?  This thread is getting me more interested in the D&D 2 into 1 with quiet performance baffle, SERT and the air filter you're recommending.  You indicated the Rineharts aren't as loud as the fatcats.  How do they compare to the D&D quiet baffles?  I'd make a 2 hour trip to visit you guys!
Jim
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2007, 09:17:08 AM »

Hey Chris, do you guys at Performance have a dyno tuner?  This thread is getting me more interested in the D&D 2 into 1 with quiet performance baffle, SERT and the air filter you're recommending.  You indicated the Rineharts aren't as loud as the fatcats.  How do they compare to the D&D quiet baffles?  I'd make a 2 hour trip to visit you guys!
Jim

There are 2 types of "quiet" mufflers for the FatCats. The Quiet muffler, which most use and very are happy with. Not too loud at all, even on a 110 with cams. The other is the Quiet Performance muffler. This is the one on my bike. I love it, they make my bike run like a mutha', but are not quiet at all, in any sense of the word. These Quiet Performance model are LOUD PIPES! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2007, 09:19:27 AM »

Howie, I was thinking of you when I saw this thread and knew you'd chime in.  Thanks for the input, I wasn't aware of the difference.  I like the idea of the 2 into 1 maintaining or improving low end TQ.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2007, 09:23:24 AM »

Howie, I was thinking of you when I saw this thread and knew you'd chime in.  Thanks for the input, I wasn't aware of the difference.  I like the idea of the 2 into 1 maintaining or improving low end TQ.

No prob Jim! Unless you're doing extensive motor work, the regular D&D FC Quiet system works and sounds great with the 110. If you're doing big motor work, and want to suck everything you can from the motor, AND LIKE IT LOUD, use the D&D FC QP system! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Pitsquid

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2007, 11:55:25 AM »

Hey Jim, yes we do have a dyno tuner here. And yes, the 2-1 is the way to go to improve your low end torque. However, Joe's Cycle Repair is where I am taking my bike in the spring. My tuner here Tony is excellent if you are just looking for a slight buildup from the generic map. Joe will build a map from ground up and is a 3 day process. Just depends on what you want out of your bike. My recommendation, spend your money once and have Joe tune your bike.

Quint

• You all know how I earn a livin'
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 Road King - Crystal Copper/Black Onyx
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2004 FLHRI Road King
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2007, 03:59:14 PM »

RockDon

I had D&D Fatcats on my '05 Ultra. They make quite a difference in bottom AND top end power. The good thing about them is that they have an optional "ghost" pipe for the left side, so it makes the bike looks balanced. I'm not a big fan of 2-into-1's on baggers wthout the ghost pipe.

A not-so-good thing is that they produce a lot of heat on theright side, and even on moderately warm days, in slow moving traffic, you will likely have a slow-roastin' leg.

I'll post a video clip of the Fatcats in action...
You all know me. You know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for yer but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Swallow you whole.

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2007, 06:57:17 AM »

RockDon

I had D&D Fatcats on my '05 Ultra. They make quite a difference in bottom AND top end power. The good thing about them is that they have an optional "ghost" pipe for the left side, so it makes the bike looks balanced. I'm not a big fan of 2-into-1's on baggers wthout the ghost pipe.

A not-so-good thing is that they produce a lot of heat on theright side, and even on moderately warm days, in slow moving traffic, you will likely have a slow-roastin' leg.

I'll post a video clip of the Fatcats in action...

if build and tune are correct, the fatcat is not hot at all.

Rockdon

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2007, 04:21:50 AM »

Thanks for all the input ,, wow!!  Lots of good information,, The D&D Fatcats sound like a good choice, I've checked around and do not see any mention of how they deal with blueing on the pipe. is it shielded or does it have some blueing protection?  My 2007 Ultra quickly made some nice gold hot spots on the factory pipes, as the motor is Hot!!
This new 2008 FLHTCUSE3 runs hot as well, very hot,, the factory pipes have a shield that hides any discoloration, The Vance and Hines 2 into one  BP model advertises anti blue technology, so I am wondering what the D&D FatCats have for the heat issue?

Wow,, that site with the dyno maps has as much info as anyone person can want.. It appears that any good quality 2into1 will increase low end torque.

The Jet Scream looks to be a good choice to go along with the D&D pipes, Once I decide on the pipes   I'll see if there is anymore cash to  go with the air cleaner,,

Thanks for all the great advise..

Rockdon

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2007, 09:40:08 PM »

Hey Don,
Here is my take on the 2-1 exhausts.
Had the Rinehart 2-1 on the 07 SE Ultra (and TMAT and Big Sucker) and road the heck out of the bike
along with taking it to Key West from SC.  The end cap turned as red as the bike and later found out
from Rinehart/Bub that they didn't recommend it because it didn't let the engine breath.  Lots of guys
here on the site are having good luck with it and that is great.  So I went to the FatCat and ove it much
like what you have been reading. 

Now, I also have an 07 Street Glide and on the 3rd exhaust for it. First was the RH true duals, had them on
my Road King Classic and thought they would be what I wanted...Nope, I love the power of he 2-1, so I then
went with the SuperTrapp 2-1 Black Ceramic and it was Great for power, but just a little too quiet for me.  I just
installed the Thunderheader and it sounds awesome and as for power it comes on real nice above 3K RPM, so you really
have to get on the wick to let this pipe do its thing.

I think you would really like the looks and perf of the Chrome FatCat on your bike and the neighbors will happy with you!
Hope this helps,
TimBone

Free

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2007, 11:33:24 PM »

i have had the V&H, the Supertrapps and now the D&D. I like the D&D the best. Seat of the pants tells me that the D&D has the greater torque (but perhaps i could have played with the discs in the supertrapp to get more torque). Anyway, very happy with the D&D. I  have the ghost pipe as well.

Free

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2007, 11:39:05 PM »

i have had the V&H, the Supertrapps and now the D&D. I like the D&D the best. Seat of the pants tells me that the D&D has the greater torque (but perhaps i could have played with the discs in the supertrapp to get more torque). Anyway, very happy with the D&D. I  have the ghost pipe as well.

Free

Free, thanks very much.  That's an expensive and time consuming bit of comparison you've made for folks.  I'm close to an exhaust decision myself.  Going away from true duals on a bagger is a very hard thing for me to do.  Insights like yours here help.  Thanks again.

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member
  • FKA: Rich07

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: '07 SERK (retired)
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2007, 12:26:18 AM »

I have about 4,500 miles on my 07 Serk with D&D Fatcats 2into1 with the Quiet Baffle.  They do not have a blueing issue and they sound great.  My Dyno chart may not look the best...but my bike runs great and I am happy with the performance and sound of the D&D pipes.  I recommend the D&D 2 into 1 with the Quiet Baffle.

Rich
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 08:43:43 AM by Rich07 »

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2007, 12:51:30 AM »

I never did understand the reasoning that a bagger "needs" true duals. I also run the D&D & love it. Have tried several duals in the past, but find the 2 - 1 far superior in low end grunt - to me thats what these heavy bikes need more than top end power.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2007, 01:06:05 AM »

I never did understand the reasoning that a bagger "needs" true duals. I also run the D&D & love it. Have tried several duals in the past, but find the 2 - 1 far superior in low end grunt - to me thats what these heavy bikes need more than top end power.

It's never been a performance choice for me Bungy.  In fact I've always known that true duals were a compromise choice I was simply willing to make.  I much prefer the look.  Especially the open look on the right side of the engine cavity.  There's an ease of service gain with true duals also.

Agree completely that the torque choice is a no brainer.  But sometimes we make compromises for other preferences.  Just trying to decide right now which preference is actually preferential.

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2007, 01:21:54 AM »

Yeah, the esthetics are a valid point. I went the other way - I need the torque to haul my fat ass around!
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Rockdon

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2007, 02:22:40 AM »

The D&D FatCat with the quiet baffle are probably the way I will go, I like the option of the ghost pipe, Best price I have found is  Cycle Spot, the 2 into 1 pipe is $569.00 and the ghost pipe is $203.00  plus shipping and taxes.

Glad to hear the pipe does  not have a blueing  issue...

Once a person has the pipe  and ready to install, should one be looking at aftermarket header gaskets?

Thanks again,,

Rockdon

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2007, 03:11:37 AM »

The D&D FatCat with the quiet baffle are probably the way I will go, I like the option of the ghost pipe, Best price I have found is  Cycle Spot, the 2 into 1 pipe is $569.00 and the ghost pipe is $203.00  plus shipping and taxes.

Once a person has the pipe  and ready to install, should one be looking at aftermarket header gaskets?

Thanks again,,

Rockdon

RD, the ghost pipe is something I'd contradict my own reasoning with.  I like the look of duals.  Both from the right side and from the rear.  I very much like the look.

Were I to go with 2-1's, however, I'm almost certain I'd not deal with the ghost pipe.  It's something else to clean, polish and maintain that might eventually leak, rattle or have to be in some other way dealt with.  If it's not going to do anything I'd not put it on the bike.

Just realized a follow-on to that choice though.  The pulley will become far more exposed.  Oh lord, more chrome.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2007, 03:12:28 AM »

Yeah, the esthetics are a valid point. I went the other way - I need the torque to haul my fat ass around!

Bungy, these choices shouldn't have so many angles.  We're just simple bike riders after all.  Difficult choices aren't what we're designed for.  Am really thinking that it's time to choose quick over cool though.  Might as well finally allow it to take advantage of what it'll do this time rather than bottling some of it up with a vanity exhaust choice.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2007, 07:19:43 AM »

Well the 2-1 will leave the left side bag a lot cooler for .....coolers, saving alot of ice.   :drink:

Miker

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2007, 07:49:05 AM »

Thanks again,,

Rockdon

the SE gaskets work well.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2007, 09:01:21 AM »

Well the 2-1 will leave the left side bag a lot cooler for .....coolers, saving alot of ice.   :drink:

Miker

Miker, I've heard you mention that a couple times now.  Did you drill a drain hole in the left saddle bag yet?  You don't have a problem you'd like to discuss with the rest of us do you?   :confused5:

You can save a lot of ice by moving north.  I was talking with my Mum yesterday who lives in central FLA and she was having trouble skimming all the fat from her turkey broth before she made the soup.  I told her to just put in the garage and break it up in the morning.....  Oh wait, her garage is 80 degrees, mines 35, won't work.......

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2007, 09:23:41 AM »

Miker, I've heard you mention that a couple times now.  Did you drill a drain hole in the left saddle bag yet?  You don't have a problem you'd like to discuss with the rest of us do you?   :confused5:

You can save a lot of ice by moving north.  I was talking with my Mum yesterday who lives in central FLA and she was having trouble skimming all the fat from her turkey broth before she made the soup.  I told her to just put in the garage and break it up in the morning.....  Oh wait, her garage is 80 degrees, mines 35, won't work.......

Ice is something to be cherished and conserved at all times!  I always want to keep my beverages and smokes cool.
No drain hole....No problems other than running out of beverages and smokes on occasion.   :P

I did the cold for a while.  I think I'd like to give the snowbird thing a try. A little place up your way for say June through October, then back here... :drink:

Miker

Rockdon

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2007, 10:45:40 AM »

Man I'm missing  out,, I don't drink or smoke, so no joy with the ice!!  Oh well the stereo on the bike keeps me entertained, I run XM and Sirius,, just in case......  XM sucks so bad for reception in Northern Bc Canada that when it acts up, I switch to Sirius.  The XM sats are so low on the horizon I am told... that when you are in amongst the mountains the unit cannot see the sats  rock and roll.. so if u are in the North, Sirius makes way more sense as their sats are higher on the horizon, hardly ever lose signal,  used it in far away places like Hyder Alaska, Fort Nelson BC Canada, Haida Gwaii, Queen Charlotte Islands and Sirius is the way to go ..  However with the XM/Sirius merger, who knows what will happen, maybe XM will rent rock and roll to DTV and use the better positioned Sirius birds..

Wow,, I am off topic here, going from pipes to sat radio,,, lets get back to pipes....

Inquiring minds need to know....

What might be the difference between the    1.  D & D FatCat 2  into 1 Pro Pipe BP For 07-08 Harley Davidson and

2.  D&D Boarzilla Exhaust 2 into 1 For 07-08 Harley Davidson

Other than the Boarzilla costs $200.00 more than the FatCat?

The pictures on the Cycle Spot website  don't show a difference, looks to be the same picture they use for both types..

Once the  2  into 1 is on the bike,  the Vance & Hines Fuel Pak for 2008 models looks like it might be a decent unit to put on to richen up  the bike a bit, and should let me quickly take off the bike if it has to go in for service, the HD dealer here has told me a SERT would void my warranty, so the Fuel pak or a PCIII when it comes out for 2008 bikes are probably the only way to richen things up a bit and skirt around the warranty issue.  Or  is it possible to use a  different HD  map download from stock to richen things up once the pipes are on, and thusly avoidy any kind of risk of voiding the warranty?

My 2007 Ultra had a PCIII, it never did get rid of popping on decel although I tried every  custom and canned map made for the 2007 V-Twin, it did allow me to take rev's up to 6250  rather than 5500, ( That feature is not high on my list of wants  for the 2008 bike, This time I just wish to richen up the fuel air mixture) so a V&H Fuel Pak sounds like it would btter suit my needs,, plus it is available now, the PCIII is not out yet for 2008.

Must run off to work, just could nt help but talk some bike this AM,, we just got through  a 2 week spell of -25C, so one needs a good fix of bike  every day to forget  stuff like that,, sigh............      104 days to spring!!!!!!!!!!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2007, 10:51:55 AM »

Man I'm missing  out,, I don't drink or smoke, so no joy with the ice!!  Oh well the stereo on the bike keeps me entertained, I run XM and Sirius,, just in case......  XM sucks so bad for reception in Northern Bc Canada that when it acts up, I switch to Sirius.  The XM sats are so low on the horizon I am told... that when you are in amongst the mountains the unit cannot see the sats  rock and roll.. so if u are in the North, Sirius makes way more sense as their sats are higher on the horizon, hardly ever lose signal,  used it in far away places like Hyder Alaska, Fort Nelson BC Canada, Haida Gwaii, Queen Charlotte Islands and Sirius is the way to go ..  However with the XM/Sirius merger, who knows what will happen, maybe XM will rent rock and roll to DTV and use the better positioned Sirius birds..

Wow,, I am off topic here, going from pipes to sat radio,,, lets get back to pipes....

Inquiring minds need to know....

What might be the difference between the    1.  D & D FatCat 2  into 1 Pro Pipe BP For 07-08 Harley Davidson and

2.  D&D Boarzilla Exhaust 2 into 1 For 07-08 Harley Davidson

Other than the Boarzilla costs $200.00 more than the FatCat?

The pictures on the Cycle Spot website  don't show a difference, looks to be the same picture they use for both types..

Once the  2  into 1 is on the bike,  the Vance & Hines Fuel Pak for 2008 models looks like it might be a decent unit to put on to richen up  the bike a bit, and should let me quickly take off the bike if it has to go in for service, the HD dealer here has told me a SERT would void my warranty, so the Fuel pak or a PCIII when it comes out for 2008 bikes are probably the only way to richen things up a bit and skirt around the warranty issue.  Or  is it possible to use a  different HD  map download from stock to richen things up once the pipes are on, and thusly avoidy any kind of risk of voiding the warranty?

My 2007 Ultra had a PCIII, it never did get rid of popping on decel although I tried every  custom and canned map made for the 2007 V-Twin, it did allow me to take rev's up to 6250  rather than 5500, ( That feature is not high on my list of wants  for the 2008 bike, This time I just wish to richen up the fuel air mixture) so a V&H Fuel Pak sounds like it would btter suit my needs,, plus it is available now, the PCIII is not out yet for 2008.

Must run off to work, just could nt help but talk some bike this AM,, we just got through  a 2 week spell of -25C, so one needs a good fix of bike  every day to forget  stuff like that,, sigh............      104 days to spring!!!!!!!!!!

The Borzilla uses larger head pipes than the FatCats (which are stock 1-3/4"), and is made for larger engines. The FatCat with Quiet Muffler is an excellent choice or stock and slightly modified 110's! The Fuel Pak doesn't allow timing changes, only fuel. If you can live with lowering your A/F ratio only, it's not a bad choice. If you're doing major mods to the motor, I'd get a full parameter tuning program (PCIII when it comes out, or SERT). ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 10:55:54 AM by Hoist »

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2007, 11:18:12 AM »

Aye aye! The sert is a decent HD product, but it is so because they had someone else design it I guess.

I have started to enjoy the 3D tune of sert....
I have worked the decel to reduce pop to near none but I ride like a maniac so I expect it to load up on fuel now and then, so...Thge Ol Assdyno works purty damn good.

Miker

Miker
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.311 seconds with 21 queries.