Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Possible pitfalls of RHTD only upgrade to 110  (Read 4833 times)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
Re: Possible pitfalls of RHTD only upgrade to 110
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2007, 08:17:46 AM »

Thanks everyone for the input and especially to Quint for his offer. Let me explain what prompted me to start this thread.

When I purchased my 08' SERK I also purchased RHTD's, a SERT, and SE A/C to be installed prior to my delivery. After a call from the dealer explaining that the bike was allset and looked and sounded awesome I caught a ride to sign paperwork and take delivery. Once the paperwok was signed and we were walking out so I could pick up my bike I was THEN told the the sert was not available but that the a/c and pipes were put on. I of course discussed if there were any possibilities of engine damage and the salesman said he checked with his shop foreman and was told that the bike had been remapped so there is no risk of damage.

I took delivery and was not thrilled with throttle response or how the bike was running when accelerating off the bottom. The engine seemed to be a little choppy but not being used to the FBW I thought I should give it a few miles before I had it checked out. I called the dealer and it was suggested that I was lugging the engine which was total BS.

Anyway, once the SERT was finally put on I was still not happy with the way the bike was running and took it to the dealership that Pitsquid works at to have it Dyno tuned in hopes of smoothing this thing out. The head mechanic who was going to do the work informed me that the A/C was never put on from the dealer I had purchased it from (of course I'm spittin' nails by now)

I had the a/c put on as well as the bike Dyno'd and the chart can be seen here http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=12079.90 The bike does run much smoother - no question but I now get a little decel pop. I am contemplating taking it to another tuner, maybe Joe's Cycles in Mechanicsville, in an effort to get this thing 100%

anyway, I am now concerned as to whether or not my engine may give me trouble down the road due to the incompetence of the dealer I purchased the bike from. IT SUCKS BEING AN FNG!!!   :soapbox:  :soapbox: :drink: Not sure what to do... Thanks again everyone! 

Sounds like I'm listening to Paul Harvey.  "And now you know the REST of the story......."

Good luck with the outcome.  Nothing to lose with Quint's offer.  It'll at least get you to another tuner better than the current tune.....   :vrolijk_11:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 22 queries.