Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Help on choosing 2 into 1 exhaust for my 2008 FLHTCUSE3  (Read 8914 times)

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member
  • FKA: Rich07

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: '07 SERK (retired)
Re: Help on choosing 2 into 1 exhaust for my 2008 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2007, 12:26:18 AM »

I have about 4,500 miles on my 07 Serk with D&D Fatcats 2into1 with the Quiet Baffle.  They do not have a blueing issue and they sound great.  My Dyno chart may not look the best...but my bike runs great and I am happy with the performance and sound of the D&D pipes.  I recommend the D&D 2 into 1 with the Quiet Baffle.

Rich
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 08:43:43 AM by Rich07 »

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2007, 12:51:30 AM »

I never did understand the reasoning that a bagger "needs" true duals. I also run the D&D & love it. Have tried several duals in the past, but find the 2 - 1 far superior in low end grunt - to me thats what these heavy bikes need more than top end power.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2007, 01:06:05 AM »

I never did understand the reasoning that a bagger "needs" true duals. I also run the D&D & love it. Have tried several duals in the past, but find the 2 - 1 far superior in low end grunt - to me thats what these heavy bikes need more than top end power.

It's never been a performance choice for me Bungy.  In fact I've always known that true duals were a compromise choice I was simply willing to make.  I much prefer the look.  Especially the open look on the right side of the engine cavity.  There's an ease of service gain with true duals also.

Agree completely that the torque choice is a no brainer.  But sometimes we make compromises for other preferences.  Just trying to decide right now which preference is actually preferential.

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2007, 01:21:54 AM »

Yeah, the esthetics are a valid point. I went the other way - I need the torque to haul my fat ass around!
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Rockdon

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2007, 02:22:40 AM »

The D&D FatCat with the quiet baffle are probably the way I will go, I like the option of the ghost pipe, Best price I have found is  Cycle Spot, the 2 into 1 pipe is $569.00 and the ghost pipe is $203.00  plus shipping and taxes.

Glad to hear the pipe does  not have a blueing  issue...

Once a person has the pipe  and ready to install, should one be looking at aftermarket header gaskets?

Thanks again,,

Rockdon

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2007, 03:11:37 AM »

The D&D FatCat with the quiet baffle are probably the way I will go, I like the option of the ghost pipe, Best price I have found is  Cycle Spot, the 2 into 1 pipe is $569.00 and the ghost pipe is $203.00  plus shipping and taxes.

Once a person has the pipe  and ready to install, should one be looking at aftermarket header gaskets?

Thanks again,,

Rockdon

RD, the ghost pipe is something I'd contradict my own reasoning with.  I like the look of duals.  Both from the right side and from the rear.  I very much like the look.

Were I to go with 2-1's, however, I'm almost certain I'd not deal with the ghost pipe.  It's something else to clean, polish and maintain that might eventually leak, rattle or have to be in some other way dealt with.  If it's not going to do anything I'd not put it on the bike.

Just realized a follow-on to that choice though.  The pulley will become far more exposed.  Oh lord, more chrome.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2007, 03:12:28 AM »

Yeah, the esthetics are a valid point. I went the other way - I need the torque to haul my fat ass around!

Bungy, these choices shouldn't have so many angles.  We're just simple bike riders after all.  Difficult choices aren't what we're designed for.  Am really thinking that it's time to choose quick over cool though.  Might as well finally allow it to take advantage of what it'll do this time rather than bottling some of it up with a vanity exhaust choice.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2007, 07:19:43 AM »

Well the 2-1 will leave the left side bag a lot cooler for .....coolers, saving alot of ice.   :drink:

Miker

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2007, 07:49:05 AM »

Thanks again,,

Rockdon

the SE gaskets work well.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2007, 09:01:21 AM »

Well the 2-1 will leave the left side bag a lot cooler for .....coolers, saving alot of ice.   :drink:

Miker

Miker, I've heard you mention that a couple times now.  Did you drill a drain hole in the left saddle bag yet?  You don't have a problem you'd like to discuss with the rest of us do you?   :confused5:

You can save a lot of ice by moving north.  I was talking with my Mum yesterday who lives in central FLA and she was having trouble skimming all the fat from her turkey broth before she made the soup.  I told her to just put in the garage and break it up in the morning.....  Oh wait, her garage is 80 degrees, mines 35, won't work.......
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2007, 09:23:41 AM »

Miker, I've heard you mention that a couple times now.  Did you drill a drain hole in the left saddle bag yet?  You don't have a problem you'd like to discuss with the rest of us do you?   :confused5:

You can save a lot of ice by moving north.  I was talking with my Mum yesterday who lives in central FLA and she was having trouble skimming all the fat from her turkey broth before she made the soup.  I told her to just put in the garage and break it up in the morning.....  Oh wait, her garage is 80 degrees, mines 35, won't work.......

Ice is something to be cherished and conserved at all times!  I always want to keep my beverages and smokes cool.
No drain hole....No problems other than running out of beverages and smokes on occasion.   :P

I did the cold for a while.  I think I'd like to give the snowbird thing a try. A little place up your way for say June through October, then back here... :drink:

Miker

Rockdon

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2007, 10:45:40 AM »

Man I'm missing  out,, I don't drink or smoke, so no joy with the ice!!  Oh well the stereo on the bike keeps me entertained, I run XM and Sirius,, just in case......  XM sucks so bad for reception in Northern Bc Canada that when it acts up, I switch to Sirius.  The XM sats are so low on the horizon I am told... that when you are in amongst the mountains the unit cannot see the sats  rock and roll.. so if u are in the North, Sirius makes way more sense as their sats are higher on the horizon, hardly ever lose signal,  used it in far away places like Hyder Alaska, Fort Nelson BC Canada, Haida Gwaii, Queen Charlotte Islands and Sirius is the way to go ..  However with the XM/Sirius merger, who knows what will happen, maybe XM will rent rock and roll to DTV and use the better positioned Sirius birds..

Wow,, I am off topic here, going from pipes to sat radio,,, lets get back to pipes....

Inquiring minds need to know....

What might be the difference between the    1.  D & D FatCat 2  into 1 Pro Pipe BP For 07-08 Harley Davidson and

2.  D&D Boarzilla Exhaust 2 into 1 For 07-08 Harley Davidson

Other than the Boarzilla costs $200.00 more than the FatCat?

The pictures on the Cycle Spot website  don't show a difference, looks to be the same picture they use for both types..

Once the  2  into 1 is on the bike,  the Vance & Hines Fuel Pak for 2008 models looks like it might be a decent unit to put on to richen up  the bike a bit, and should let me quickly take off the bike if it has to go in for service, the HD dealer here has told me a SERT would void my warranty, so the Fuel pak or a PCIII when it comes out for 2008 bikes are probably the only way to richen things up a bit and skirt around the warranty issue.  Or  is it possible to use a  different HD  map download from stock to richen things up once the pipes are on, and thusly avoidy any kind of risk of voiding the warranty?

My 2007 Ultra had a PCIII, it never did get rid of popping on decel although I tried every  custom and canned map made for the 2007 V-Twin, it did allow me to take rev's up to 6250  rather than 5500, ( That feature is not high on my list of wants  for the 2008 bike, This time I just wish to richen up the fuel air mixture) so a V&H Fuel Pak sounds like it would btter suit my needs,, plus it is available now, the PCIII is not out yet for 2008.

Must run off to work, just could nt help but talk some bike this AM,, we just got through  a 2 week spell of -25C, so one needs a good fix of bike  every day to forget  stuff like that,, sigh............      104 days to spring!!!!!!!!!!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2007, 10:51:55 AM »

Man I'm missing  out,, I don't drink or smoke, so no joy with the ice!!  Oh well the stereo on the bike keeps me entertained, I run XM and Sirius,, just in case......  XM sucks so bad for reception in Northern Bc Canada that when it acts up, I switch to Sirius.  The XM sats are so low on the horizon I am told... that when you are in amongst the mountains the unit cannot see the sats  rock and roll.. so if u are in the North, Sirius makes way more sense as their sats are higher on the horizon, hardly ever lose signal,  used it in far away places like Hyder Alaska, Fort Nelson BC Canada, Haida Gwaii, Queen Charlotte Islands and Sirius is the way to go ..  However with the XM/Sirius merger, who knows what will happen, maybe XM will rent rock and roll to DTV and use the better positioned Sirius birds..

Wow,, I am off topic here, going from pipes to sat radio,,, lets get back to pipes....

Inquiring minds need to know....

What might be the difference between the    1.  D & D FatCat 2  into 1 Pro Pipe BP For 07-08 Harley Davidson and

2.  D&D Boarzilla Exhaust 2 into 1 For 07-08 Harley Davidson

Other than the Boarzilla costs $200.00 more than the FatCat?

The pictures on the Cycle Spot website  don't show a difference, looks to be the same picture they use for both types..

Once the  2  into 1 is on the bike,  the Vance & Hines Fuel Pak for 2008 models looks like it might be a decent unit to put on to richen up  the bike a bit, and should let me quickly take off the bike if it has to go in for service, the HD dealer here has told me a SERT would void my warranty, so the Fuel pak or a PCIII when it comes out for 2008 bikes are probably the only way to richen things up a bit and skirt around the warranty issue.  Or  is it possible to use a  different HD  map download from stock to richen things up once the pipes are on, and thusly avoidy any kind of risk of voiding the warranty?

My 2007 Ultra had a PCIII, it never did get rid of popping on decel although I tried every  custom and canned map made for the 2007 V-Twin, it did allow me to take rev's up to 6250  rather than 5500, ( That feature is not high on my list of wants  for the 2008 bike, This time I just wish to richen up the fuel air mixture) so a V&H Fuel Pak sounds like it would btter suit my needs,, plus it is available now, the PCIII is not out yet for 2008.

Must run off to work, just could nt help but talk some bike this AM,, we just got through  a 2 week spell of -25C, so one needs a good fix of bike  every day to forget  stuff like that,, sigh............      104 days to spring!!!!!!!!!!

The Borzilla uses larger head pipes than the FatCats (which are stock 1-3/4"), and is made for larger engines. The FatCat with Quiet Muffler is an excellent choice or stock and slightly modified 110's! The Fuel Pak doesn't allow timing changes, only fuel. If you can live with lowering your A/F ratio only, it's not a bad choice. If you're doing major mods to the motor, I'd get a full parameter tuning program (PCIII when it comes out, or SERT). ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 10:55:54 AM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2007, 11:18:12 AM »

Aye aye! The sert is a decent HD product, but it is so because they had someone else design it I guess.

I have started to enjoy the 3D tune of sert....
I have worked the decel to reduce pop to near none but I ride like a maniac so I expect it to load up on fuel now and then, so...Thge Ol Assdyno works purty damn good.

Miker

Miker
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 21 queries.