Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Riding Gear  (Read 16328 times)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

Re: Riding Gear
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2005, 10:06:41 AM »

Almost the most important gear I ride with is my RayBan's.
I'm on my third pair since 1988.
Can't leave home without them. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Yeah, 'er 'uh, hd2003,
 Now that is one thing you and I definitely agree on!! [smiley=bigok.gif]  I knew you looked similar, I just couldn't recommend you! [smiley=nixweiss.gif] Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2005, 10:32:18 AM »

« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 10:32:54 AM by tonys »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2005, 11:44:37 AM »

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Cannibus_Man

• Full CVO Member
  • I love to set off car alarms
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2005, 12:05:39 PM »

yesterday,(Easter Sunday) I went to the long beach veterans mc swapmeet
picked up this patch, man the guy got me for 45 bucks  ouch!  but it's a nice patch tho
it's agout 12 x 6in tall. planning on puttin it on a jacket, just not sure if i should put it on the jackets  i have...What are some good leather jackets that are affordable? right now i'm using  a river road basic but not happy with it http://www.newenough.com/product_pictures/r/river_road_basic_mc_jacket/front.jpg
i also have a cheep leather jacket i actually found at savons  lol i wear it more than the river road one   [smiley=laugh.gif]
~late~ Cann

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2005, 06:14:34 AM »

Mrs.We, Do you and Mr.WeCVO have the prescription lens in your PANOPIX glasses? Which models did you all go with?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 06:16:26 AM by Mrs._WeCVO »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2005, 07:16:07 AM »

Thanks so much for going to all the trouble to look up the model of the glasses, Mrs.We.CVO.  I've considered ordering those exact glasses before, but have just been unsure.  Really need to try them on, I think.  The Chubasco model.  My only concern with the changing lens is whether they will be dark enough to cut the glare in the day and lighten up enough to see well at night.  I have all these vision problems going on so I need all the 'help' I can get.  I'll have to check out your glasses 'in person' at the Valley Gathering.  That'll be the ticket!  Thanks again, spyder [smiley=glasses2.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2005, 10:24:37 AM »

yesterday,(Easter Sunday) I went to the long beach veterans mc swapmeet
picked up this patch, man the guy got me for 45 bucks
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 10:33:32 PM by tonys »

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2005, 10:07:06 PM »

Over the years I have collected a few excellent pieces of foul weater gear. Checked and I have found the following  "Reima" Cycloak GT Jacket,  Aeostitch Roadcrafter Jacket and Pants, Hein Gericke First Gear Kilimanjaroo Coat, HD FXRG Leather Pants.

All of the above have been great iwhen caught in rain and snow.

Looks like I will be selling the Aerostitch Roadcrafter Jacket, Mens size 44. To small now.

Anyway, I guess I'll move over to the "Selling" portion of the board.

geezerglide

STROKR

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2005, 10:53:40 AM »

Sunglasses...check out www.Wiley-X.com   I've been wearing them for 5 years. Great glasses made for Law Enforcement and Military.  Check out the SG-1 Goggle, my favorite, other CQC goggle looks interesting, haven't tried.  

You see these glasses on our guys in Iraq all the time.  Very comfortable, exceeds all shatterproof regulations. Great colors in Blue  and Crimson ( have to get for new Red SSEG!).  Check out the explanation of  more.. on how and why they were developed, pretty neat story.  

Come in prescription, add ultra and UV.  exchangeable clear lens.  I just buy extra frame and keep both sets available for quick change.

All my friends who had the old Panoptics switched.  Old Pans kept getting water between compounded lenses.  New Pans sound okay from previous posts.

I get asked a lot what kind of glasses am I wearing.  You won't be disappointed.

Any one else have these??

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2005, 06:47:40 PM »

[quote author=Mrs.WeCVO
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 05:58:19 AM by Mrs._WeCVO »

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2005, 07:39:40 PM »

Sounds like the same boots I have........laced up the front, zippers on the sides.  I recently had them re-soled with the heavy duty Vibram lugged soles and heels.  Good for a couple more years, I think.

JCZ,

Just want to say thanks for the prompt.  I took my boots into the local cobbler and in one week (and $60) later, I have the equivalent of a new pair of boots.  I went with a simple Vibram Sole, for me, the lugged sole added too much height...makes it harder to get under the shifter when I am too lazy to lift my foot for the heel shift!  Also, a little less likely to collect dirt.

Thanks for the idea/prompt!

/Bill

Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2005, 10:23:54 PM »

JCZ,

Just want to say thanks for the prompt.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2005, 12:22:47 PM »

My husband and I  were riding on Saturday on the way home from a 300 mile ride, a stone flew up from a vehicle in front of us and hit me right in my left lens. Thank God I had the goggles on, but it caused the lens to fly out and I could not locate it.  I have sent a message to Panoptx to see if there any way to get only the lens?  My lining is getting very worn out too so I also asked if that be replaced as well?  I am lost without them.  My regular glasses are the transition kind, so I can use them for riding, but they do not offer the protection from the wind, sand and stuff.  We rode about 325 miles yesterday, and I sure missed my goggles.  I will let you know what the company says about replacement.  There website says that for 57.50 you can get the lens, but the lining is not addressed.  It might get cheaper to buy a new pair.  New they should cost about $145.  

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2005, 12:28:40 PM »

Candy, buy a lens, buy a new pair; whatever.....   Just glad the eye is ok.

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2005, 12:39:39 PM »

It was the freakiest thing.  I saw the stone coming - Looked like the size of the earth, but realistically probably the size of a cherry tomatoe.  I was wearing a helmet with a visor, my windshield is really too tall, I ducked my head downwards believing the windshield or the top of my helmet would take the hit.  Weird, the stone came down between the top of my windshield, past the tip of my visor and hit me right in the left lens of my goggles. I thought I had been shot. My eye instantly began to tear and I thought I was bleeding, but when I put my hand up to my eye, my eye was perfectly fine, just no lens there.  Yes you are right, I am glad the eye is fine.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.