Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Riding Gear  (Read 16349 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Riding Gear
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2005, 12:44:33 PM »

Wow, Candy......glad your eye is ok.  Makes sense to wear goggles/glasses or something all the time even if not req'd. by law where you are riding, huh?  I've had rocks on the interstate hwys. fly up and split my cheek, but been lucky that they've never got the eye (yet).  Were you on a back road or where?   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2005, 01:49:26 PM »

Spyder, on a very main drag, within 2 miles of the house.  Divided four lane road.  Not sure where the rock came from initially, but we have a lot of water around us.  My guess would be it originally was in the tire of a truck that had loaded or unloaded a boat at one of the many ramps around here.  But heck if I know where it came from.  Jamey was bugging me about the height of the windshield after that. I had just been talking about getting it cut down so I can see over it.  He thinks I might just want to keep sitting below it.  Even in real bad rain, I can see through it good enough to keep the bike between the lines and I seldom get bugs in my face, but wham!

--------------------------------

Now I just checked my email before posting this and I got a response already from Panoptx.  Now if this is not an example of exemplary service, I don't know what is.  This is what they said.

Candy,
Please send them back to us for a no charge lens replacement. The cost of the foam is $25.00 plus $7.50 shipping and handling. The turn around time is 2 to 3 days from the time we receive them. You can pay by personnel check, money order, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express.

Thanks, Ernie
ernie@panoptx.com
Send glasses to:
Panoptx Inc.
1252 Quarry Lane
Pleasanton, Calif. 94566

----------------------------------------

This is what I told them;

Hi, My husband and I are avid motorcyclists and we both have your 550117, Chubasco CV Black, Day and Night, Windless Eyewear. We ride about 15 - 20,000 miles a year, so avid may even be an understatement.  They are superior goggles. On Saturday on the way home from a 300 mile ride, a stone flew up from a vehicle in front of us and hit me right in my left lens. Thank God I had the goggles on, but it caused the lens to fly out and I could not locate it.  Is there any way to get only the lens?  I see that I could send my goggles for repair to
Panoptx Inc. 1252 Quarry Lane, Pleasanton, CA 94566 and for $50.00 plus $7.50 shipping and handling I could have them repaired. But My lining is getting very worn out too, can that be replaced as well?  If so, for how much?  I'd like to rush the order as I only have the one pair, since they cover all days all weather.  I am lost without them.

In fact, I am a often poster on a web forum where people with special bikes like my husband and I both have and I wrote a special review on your goggles. You can see it at; http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1111645237/34#34.  I am Mrs. WeCVO.  

--
Candy

Might have helped...... might not have, but boy am I a happy camper.  The price for foam is $25.00 plus $7.50 shipping and handling and the company replacing the lens for free.  Wonderful.  

JimsSEEG

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2005, 09:38:59 PM »

Had mine about 2 years, The lenses stoped getting dark in direct sunlight, figured I was SOL. Emailed Panoptix and Ernie at Panoptix said "send them back for a free lens replacement"... In the mail the went! Talk about customer service.

Jim
Jim

"Ophelia"

"pull that thing in here - it's not running good enough to scatter sh*& with a hay rake...."   E.K.

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2005, 09:46:47 PM »

Next to Pez and his honest replacement for the wonderful Hogtune speakers, this is the second best endorcement for customer service I have heard.  Wonderful! No doubt.  My husband just told me today that based on the response we got on helping us out with a freak accident that obviously the company had nothing to do with, and my goggles a couple of years old, he wants me to go ahead and get the prescription ones from Panoptx and use the replacement ones I will get back in a few days now as back up in case of such an emergency in future.  I have been riding a lot for the last several years, and this is the first time I ever got hit by debris in such a manner.  It may not be often, but what if you were on a long trip.... what would you do?  I am super impressed with customer service here!  Too bad HD does not take the same pride in their products as some of the smaller businesses do.  

;D [smiley=cherry.gif]/me

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2005, 10:37:19 PM »

To continue the theme, my Panoptics were fogging really bad.  Called the company and sent them to them.  They drilled out the holes and sent them back no charge (they still fog up but not as badly).
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2005, 06:05:20 AM »

I did not update you that last Monday when the replacement Panoptx goggles came in the mail.  I can see clearly now out of both lenses and the foam is brand spanking new.  So I mailed them out on the 18th and had them returned to me by the 24th.  That is less than one week. Am I impressed or what?  They either also replaced the right lense or polished it, cause it did have some minor scratches on it and they do not now. We stopped off at my eyeglass facility yesterday to have them fill out the presecription order form so I can get Panoptx with my prescription in them too.  What the heck.  Riding down the road and being able to see the individual leaves on the trees instead of just green blobs. That has to be better, right?

I also noticed way back in this thread that a picture of Jamey showing off sleeves only had been deleted by that bad-ole hacker so I will replace it here.

/me  [smiley=cherry.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2005, 07:48:09 AM »

MrsWe, I thought you already had your prescription in those goggles.  That means what they did was just send you a new pair and explains both lens being clear, new foam, the quick turn-around, etc.  Think so?  :-/ Get the prescription, it'll be worth it!  What's Jamey getting for his birthday????  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]   Har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2005, 09:31:22 AM »

Getting???
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 09:32:54 AM by WeCVO »
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2005, 10:07:26 AM »

Boy, he must have some kinda 'pull' (indispensable??) to be able to go TDY with you also.  Har!  ;D Taking the SEEG's?   [smiley=confused5.gif]   spyder

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2005, 05:33:47 AM »

:(  No Spyde, the Murano will take us to DC for the week.  Drop off the dogs at the kennel, My bike at the dealer to look at that comp nut thingie, thanks all, and then in the capital to PARTY!  This is our ole stomping grounds, so we are trying to make sure we see all we can while there.  Will meet up with PJ to exchange a check and pancea lights and Thursday eve Jamey is occupied ---- one of those I can't know the names of the VIPs, $350/plate dinners - I will be eating alone and then Friday putting the murano in reverse mode for the return trip home.  Got the camera charged and away we go.  I am going to be working at our HQ - they miss me, and it should be a good time.  Will let ya all know.  Have a good week.   :D ;D [smiley=cherry.gif]

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2005, 05:57:12 AM »

Boy, he must have some kinda '[highlight]pull[/highlight]' (indispensable??) to be able to go TDY with you also.
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2005, 06:34:55 AM »

:(

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2005, 10:36:53 AM »

I will be eating alone

Oh Mrs. We.  If you've got an evening where your single do me a favor and go down to The Dubliner for me.  Order the Shepard's Pie and pull up a chair to share a few pints and sing a few songs.  That's my favorite place in town and it's been too long since I've been.

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2005, 11:02:20 PM »

Oh Mrs. We.
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.